Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    We can't, and due to this **** country allowing voter repression laws, it's becoming more and more clear nothing will EVER change unless there is a violent country wide revolution.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    So your problem is that Democrats havenít been successful in running state elections. Most people ***** and moan and people like Stacey Abrams are out fighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So your problem is that Democrats havenít been successful in running state elections. Most people ***** and moan and people like Stacey Abrams are out fighting it.
    Some people are out fighting it but it may be too late. Love the justice dems.

Regressive thoughts are far too ingrained in this country imo, it's past the point of no return.

I hope I'm just really stupid and wrong

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I think calling for the President to step down and not run for reelection after 5 months of being President is hysterical. Laughable too, but hysterical.

This is all a bunch of nonsense. Please explain to me how electing someone outside of Biden helps anything?

Who are you going to elect that isn't an establishment candidate?

This just sounds like more attempts at blowing up the party for no ones benefit from the Regressive Reactionists again.
    Biden is a two-time loser who finally found someone he could beat. One of the most polarizing presidents ever. Please don't overplay the hand. Biden has never been a strong presidential candidate. Harris the same. Start grooming someone now.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Biden is a two-time loser who finally found someone he could beat. One of the most polarizing presidents ever. Please don't overplay the hand. Biden has never been a strong presidential candidate. Harris the same. Start grooming someone now.
    Over play what hand?

He was a strong Presidential candidate in 2020. Hence why he destroyed everyone in the Primary and in the general election.

He's one of the most polarizing presidents because he followed Donald Trump.

Grooming who? Who exactly? Can't be Bernie as "two time losers" are apparently bad news bears.

ANd you are straight delusional if you think you're going to elect someone far left and that's somehow going to be a less divisive and less polarizing candidate. WHat you want a more moderate Dem to fill in the gaping gap between the parties? You are just spitting slander at this point.

Donít talk about Democrats and grooming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Some people are out fighting it but it may be too late. Love the justice dems.

Regressive thoughts are far too ingrained in this country imo, it's past the point of no return.

I hope I'm just really stupid and wrong

I've got no problem with fighting for something. You won't see any critique from me of someone for trying to fight for a policy that they support.

The problem is when people complain about something and run down a list of impossible conditions that no one who takes the time to look at the reality takes seriously. The policies that the OP put out are ones that will require 60 votes or a change to the filibuster. There aren't 60 votes for them and there aren't 50 votes to change the senate rules. Manchin and Sinema are doing the right thing in the long run. The decision that Harry Reid made 10 years ago got us Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett on the court.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I've got no problem with fighting for something. You won't see any critique from me of someone for trying to fight for a policy that they support.

The problem is when people complain about something and run down a list of impossible conditions that no one who takes the time to look at the reality takes seriously. The policies that the OP put out are ones that will require 60 votes or a change to the filibuster. There aren't 60 votes for them and there aren't 50 votes to change the senate rules. Manchin and Sinema are doing the right thing in the long run. The decision that Harry Reid made 10 years ago got us Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett on the court.
    Hallelujah for Harry Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Over play what hand?

He was a strong Presidential candidate in 2020. Hence why he destroyed everyone in the Primary and in the general election.

He's one of the most polarizing presidents because he followed Donald Trump.

Grooming who? Who exactly? Can't be Bernie as "two time losers" are apparently bad news bears.

ANd you are straight delusional if you think you're going to elect someone far left and that's somehow going to be a less divisive and less polarizing candidate. WHat you want a more moderate Dem to fill in the gaping gap between the parties? You are just spitting slander at this point.
    My kid would have been a strong candidate against Trump. Come on now this was one of the weakest groupings in comparison to candidates like Obama, Bill, and Hillary Clinton, McCain. For the democrat voter, it was anybody but Trump.

Yes, Bernie is a two-time loser, and the left will never be elected in large numbers. Desperate people tend to cling to impossible things. Since we elected racist, sexist, and totally morally corrupt Trump into office, we are more likely to vote for a despotic president. You better hope Biden and Harris are successful. Just judging from our republican posters, the republican state officials corrupting the voting system, if they ever get back in power...well Rep. Greene will have more to say and do.

If we get nothing from the Biden administration, I think a lot of people won't bother to vote as they did during 2016. Fear of the republicans won't cut it if the democrat is true to their creed as the "Do nothing party". When this happens, I will be placing another bet on who will win.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Which impossible things? Min. wage? Strong climate change policies? Increasing corp tax and wealth tax? Endless wars? You know the moderate doesn't reflect the concerns of a large percentage of their base. You honest thing if the congressional democrat and Biden don't bring home the bacon, the base will be happy with them? With the do-nothing party?

Notice I didn't include black issues, that is an impossible dream to obtain. But I am sure the moderate will still visit black churches again during the next election cycle to talk about our problems as if they will do something about it. You know, that "I feel your pain" routine. How do you think that will come out if we got nothing from Biden's adminstration. Well, we will always have Cornpop and good advice on how to raise our children. oh joy.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-13-2021 at 01:12 AM.

Will Rogers

Which impossible things? Min. wage? Strong climate change policies? Increasing corp tax and wealth tax? Endless wars? You know the moderate doesn't reflect the concerns of a large percentage of their base. You honest thing if the congressional democrat and Biden don't bring home the bacon, the base will be happy with them? With the do-nothing party?

Notice I didn't include black issues, that is an impossible dream to obtain. But I am sure the moderate will still visit black churches again during the next election cycle to talk about our problems as if they will do something about it. You know, that "I feel your pain" routine. How do you think that will come out if we got nothing from Biden's adminstration. Well, we will always have Cornpop and good advice on how to raise our children. oh joy.
    Yes there are a whole bunch of policies I would like to see implemented that probably line up with what you and others want to see. But which of those policies are going to become law with what we have in the Congress? Thatís the problem. We donít live in a world where you wave a magic wand and new laws are on the books. They have to be passed by a Congress and then signed by a president.

Tell me: if Bernie Sanders (or fill in the blank candidate) had run and beaten Trump; which of those policies would be the law of the land today?

Yes there are a whole bunch of policies I would like to see implemented that probably line up with what you and others want to see. But which of those policies are going to become law with what we have in the Congress? Thatís the problem. We donít live in a world where you wave a magic wand and new laws are on the books. They have to be passed by a Congress and then signed by a president.

Tell me: if Bernie Sanders (or fill in the blank candidate) had run and beaten Trump; which of those policies would be the law of the land today?
    Last first, not a damn thing because the moderate and republican would have blocked his policies to protect their donors' interest. I would have voted for him to put him in a position to influence public discourse. Some will poop-poop that as trivial, but Trump did get people to view mask protocol as infringement of their rights. They even led demonstrations against wearing masks.

Yes, what BLacks want would take a magic wand, and if the democrat doesn't have it, why vote for them. I mean, you vote for politicians to champion your causes not to carry out the party agenda which doesn't include you.

Will Rogers

I am well aware of how a bill is a pass, so quit wasting both our time explaining it to me. It is the will to make changes that I am talking about. If it is about cutting the rich's taxes or going to war, those magic wands will pop up and the bill passing process will move as fast as greasy pig down a chute.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-13-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Will Rogers

By the way, there is growing movement against Joe Manchin in his home state. It seems the West Virginians are tired of him bowing to donor's money instead of them.
    Joe Manchin caters to Trump supporters as well. That's his only way of winning future elections there. He's just a holdover from 20+ years ago when West Virginia was a blue-collar, union-friendly blue state. Unfortunately, Manchin is the best we can get out of WV these days. His successor will be a Republican and will be even more worthless.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Joe Manchin caters to Trump supporters as well. That's his only way of winning future elections there. He's just a holdover from 20+ years ago when West Virginia was a blue-collar, union-friendly blue state. Unfortunately, Manchin is the best we can get out of WV these days. His successor will be a Republican and will be even more worthless.
    I wonder how the DNC will keep that seat out of the Republicans' hands.

Will Rogers

This isnít a very good argument.

The infrastructure bill that Biden has proposed isnít paid for by taxes on middle class workers.

$15 minimum wage isnít up for discussion because it wonít get 60 votes. Itís literally a non-starter.

They arenít hiding behind Joe Manchin. They are operating in the system that exists.

It seems like you have a faulty understanding of how our government operates. We donít get to snap our fingers and make laws.
    I 100% guarantee that Biden will end up endorsing this "bipartisan" deal in the Senate because that will be his only shot to get 10 Republican votes. Guess what though, he won't get the votes. He has lowered his infrastructure plan from $2.3 trillion initially down to $900 billion, of which only $579 billion is new spending as the other $321 billion was already appropriated for COVID relief.

On minimum wage don't get it twisted, $15/hour can't get 50 votes in the Senate because the Democratic Party doesn't want it. Sinema was downright giddy when she voted it down, watch the video. $15/hour minimum wage is popular though and if the Democratic Party was serious about making it happen they would get more votes. Take Florida for example, $15/hour minimum wage got 61% of the vote in the state, 6.4 million votes. Trump carried the state with 51.2% for a total of 5.67 million votes. More people voted for minimum wage increase in the state of Florida than votes for Donald Trump. Biden didn't even campaign on $15/hour. If he did he might have won Florida and the election wouldn't even have been close.

What I understand is the only major legislation that Biden has signed to date was a COVID relief package that was weaker than what Donald Trump wanted. You don't think Biden could get Manchin to bend to his will easily if he really wanted to? Manchin about had a heart attack when the VP went to West Virginia to try to garner support for the COVID package that was already popular. He would fold faster than you could blink if Biden himself started putting public pressure on him to pass his agenda. Biden is as quiet as a mouse when it comes to Joe Manchin, hence the hiding remark.

Democrats aren't getting the Republicans to work with them on anything, they can't even get a January 6th commission out of the GOP. They won't get infrastructure either, and the bill negotiated in the Senate isn't worthy of a vote anyway. Biden and the Democrats told everyone we needed to win the Georgia seats so we could pass legislation and the voters actually came through and Dems took the Senate. If we don't get anything done how can we ask people to continue to vote for us? If we lose either the House or Senate in 2022, Biden's Presidency is over. A McConnell-led Senate means he won't even get Judicial appointments let alone pass legislation and if the Republicans take the House he might get impeached.

It's not about snapping our fingers together, but realizing that one party has absolutely no interest in governing with the other. If we don't end the filibuster, he's not passing anything regardless. If we do change the filibuster and pass badly needed and popular legislation, the GOP won't be able to compete. What are they going to tell people, that they want to lower wages and pollute the air? Seems like a losing strategy, but what do I know right?
    Last edited by TylerSL; 06-13-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast