Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why would they if you are this hateful and angry towards the most progressive Presidential agenda in decades?

I would personally never try to obtain the progressive vote knowing that anything less than the immediate implementation of the most radical changes to the US in a century is considered a failure.
    Once again what bills have he passed to gain this status?

I think I have every right to be angry after watching my communities sink into despair. And I personally won't vote democrat if they continue to allow my community to sink even farther into despair.

Why support and vote for a party with this track record? If I am not mistaking, even you have talked about this corrupt system let you continue to support it with your vote and posts.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

is Joe Biden even doing the job as President.

first he needs to make it 2024, long way from that.

I give my support to those who champion my issue just like the donor class, but all we get is lip service. If you wish to write us off because of that anger, fine quit coming like the republicans did years ago. Blacks aren't in love with this party for good reasons.

Yeah, we are the problem not this corrupt donor brought system.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Once again what bills have he passed to gain this status?

I think I have every right to be angry after watching my communities sink into despair. And I personally won't vote democrat if they continue to allow my community to sink even farther into despair.

Why support and vote for a party with this track record? If I am not mistaking, even you have talked about this corrupt system let you continue to support it with your vote and posts.
    Itís been 5 months, how many bills did you expect him to pass? Heís as frustrated as you are with how slow it is to pass legislation in Washington, thatís why he signed more EOís to begin with than any other modern President (many for progressive causes).

You have a right to be angry watching your community sink into despair, but did it sink in the last 5 months?

Why do I still vote in such a system, because even that minuscule contribution affects the system more than ignoring it does.

I give my support to those who champion my issue just like the donor class, but all we get is lip service. If you wish to write us off because of that anger, fine quit coming like the republicans did years ago. Blacks aren't in love with this party for good reasons.

You are not the problem, but neither is Joe Biden. You are misdirecting your anger.

You are not the problem, but neither is Joe Biden. You are misdirecting your anger.
    And whose door should I be knocking on when the political system is corrupted and unresponsive?

Will Rogers

I'm going to need you to show me exactly where anyone said that you, black people more generally, or any other group of people are the problem in our system.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm going to need you to show me exactly where anyone said that you, black people more generally, or any other group of people are the problem in our system.
    When people say we have to learn the rule of the road in a corrupt political system.

Will Rogers

And whose door should I be knocking on when the political system is corrupted and unresponsive?
    I honestly can't tell you. I'm only saying don't kick the door down of people who are at least trying to help you.

I disagree. IF they push against their own interests because of an ignorance to the political system, they are the problem. And when I say "they" I'm saying the online leftist communities. Not "black people".

But this bubble of radical ill-informed leftists, are actually a detriment to getting more progressive legislature in the future. And I think you agree with this.

P.S.
    And I'm sorry but the data doesn't back anything he says up about "blacks and progressives vs establishment dems". This is just a fantasy. Black people have massively voted for the "establishment Dem" in the last 2 elections. One of the biggest failures of Bernie's campaign from 2016 - 2020 was getting the black vote, even though he tried REAL hard to get it.

When people say we have to learn the rule of the road in a corrupt political system.
    Then I believe you have misread what I said. There are only two choices available to you: 1) change the rules within the system, or 2) tear the whole system down by force. If you're not prepared to do the latter, then you need to do the former.

I honestly can't tell you. I'm only saying don't kick the door down of people who are at least trying to help you.
    If a doctor was trying to cure my illness for forty years and I am getting sicker should I stay with him? Even if I know he is corrupt as well as being ineffective? This will be the attitude of a lot of blacks will have come election time. I am not busting your chops for general purpose, but to wake you up to the dissing the democrat party will get from the black community, especially if the Republicans are able to derail Biden policies as they did Obama.
    Right or wrong the democrat will be called the do-nothing party if this happens. The DNC and Hillary were shocked when they lost to Trump, do you seriously want a repeat of this? Trust me I don't, but the DNC is running a bad game that could cause another "shock" moment. Be proactive and bring the bacon home no matter what it takes. The future of the democrat party is at stake.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-14-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Will Rogers

If a doctor was trying to cure my illness for forty years and I am getting sicker should I stay with him? Even if I know he is corrupt as well as being ineffective? This will be the attitude of a lot of blacks will have come election time. I am not busting your chops for general purpose, but to wake you up to the dissing the democrat party will get from the black community, especially if the Republicans are able to derail Biden policies as they did Obama.
    Right or wrong the democrat will be called the do-nothing party if this happens. The DNC and Hillary were shocked when they lost to Trump, do you seriously want a repeat of this? Trust me I don't, but the DNC is running a bad game that could cause another "shock" moment. Be proactive and bring the bacon home no matter what it takes. The future of the democrat party is at stake.
    EDIT: I agree with you. I think where we disagree in how hard you think they are trying. I think they are trying to bring home the bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Then I believe you have misread what I said. There are only two choices available to you: 1) change the rules within the system, or 2) tear the whole system down by force. If you're not prepared to do the latter, then you need to do the former.
    You don't remember the "the Burn Baby, Burn' black militants of the sixties. Are you really going to give us the same options that the republicans are pushing on their radicals? I seeing these kids moving more to Malcolm X and the northern black militants views than Martin Luther King's passive resistance. So if we keep going down this road, yeah, they will try to tear down the system. There will be more riots, unrest, mass demostrations, and violent confrontation with the police. All it take is a spark like Floyd's killing.

Get out of here with that changing the system from within, we never achieve advancement that way. It took a war to get our freedom, it took numerous death in the civil right movement to end Jim Crow and now we are in the third decades of a criminal justice system that continue to send more black to jail and questionable police shooting. The last one was during our "working within the system to change it" moment.

So what, we have to continue to work within the system and maybe in another thirty years we achieve our goals. How many more lives will be lost or ruin while we doing this? Another thirty years of watching our communities deteriorate more? Do you think this thinking will win over an angry black community next election?

You really can't put yourself in our shoes to see how whack this sounds after decades of hearing it.

Will Rogers

You don't remember the "the Burn Baby, Burn' black militants of the sixties. Are you really going to give us the same options that the republicans are pushing on their radicals? I seeing these kids moving more to Malcolm X and the northern black militants views than Martin Luther King's passive resistance. So if we keep going down this road, yeah, they will try to tear down the system. There will be more riots, unrest, mass demostrations, and violent confrontation with the police. All it take is a spark like Floyd's killing.

Get out of here with that changing the system from within, we never achieve advancement that way. It took a war to get our freedom, it took numerous death in the civil right movement to end Jim Crow and now we are in the third decades of a criminal justice system that continue to send more black to jail and questionable police shooting. The last one was during our "working within the system to change it" moment.

So what, we have to continue to work within the system and maybe in another thirty years we achieve our goals. How many more lives will be lost or ruin while we doing this? Another thirty years of watching our communities deteriorate more? Do you think this thinking will win over an angry black community next election?

You really can't put yourself in our shoes to see how whack this sounds after decades of hearing it.
    I'm only telling you what is, not what you or I want it to be. If those kids go the Malcolm X route and not the Dr. King route, they will be doing a disservice to themselves. They will hurt themselves far more than they will hurt some the establishment or any representative of such.

If you want to rush to the end of the story, the hypothetical time in the future when we fix all our problems I've got some bad news. That day will never come. We will always have some issues that we don't solve and areas where we simply fall short of where we should be. But if you choose to only look forward, you will miss all the progress we have made. I would note that the 100 years after the Civil War where we had nearly 1,000,000 people die was FAR bloodier than the period during the 1960's when we passed a great deal of the equal rights legislation. And I suspect in the next 100 years we will make far more progress with far more bloodshed than was spilled in the 1960's.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast