Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Have any proof that they are representing their "paid interest" by not pushing for a $15/hr.

Or are we doing the normal online leftist things and asserting conspiracy anywhere their polices don't seem to get passed.
    Ok, I settle for the sixties senators don't want to pass the minimum wage for their own personal reasons. I sure that will be a good selling point as well come election time at least among the working poor.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Ok, I settle for the sixties senators don't want to pass the minimum wage for their own personal reasons. I sure that will be a good selling point as well come election time at least among the working poor.
    What about for the ones that are no longer working poor because of the Dems? The family with three kids that will now see $10k a year more because of the child tax credits they receive?

Good luck convincing them the Dems don't care about the working class. Better come up with some better rhetoric.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 06-13-2021 at 10:18 PM.

If you were to have a vote in the senate for raising the minimum wage, it would get 50 votes. Which means it would fall short of the required number to overcome the filibuster by 10. I don't see the minimum wage as the "break in case of emergency" for the filibuster. I'm closer on the voting rights bill than I am for that. But I need to see something truly to the threat of destroying the country to support removing the filibuster. I know what the other side will do with that power and I can't imagine anyone here thinks that letting them get the senate without a filibuster the next time they (inevitably) get power back being a good thing. I look at it as a way of keeping them from hurting people through bad policy. Just look at how they tried to take everyone's health care away with their Obamacare repeal.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

You can't be seriously asking this question..... Like you don't understand that a lot of red states are against the Federal government and want things governed from a state level. These are not contradictory opinions. It's not "we don't want anyone else to have it" it's "we don't want to tell anyone else how to run their state".

This is like a fundamental difference between the parties. I don't see how you can't comprehend this.
    I can see how harmful that has been in the past for blacks and I imagine state rule isn't doing so well for the working peons in those states or women seeking abortions now. But that is that those red-staters problems. They voted those clowns in so they get what they voted for.

So why should I vote for a Democrat who doesn't serve the needs of my community by not raising the minimum wage, or make criminal justice reform, or improving the schools? Come on, these questions the party going to have to answer come election time. I am sure the reason you and DB have stated will go over well with us.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If you were to have a vote in the senate for raising the minimum wage, it would get 50 votes. Which means it would fall short of the required number to overcome the filibuster by 10. I don't see the minimum wage as the "break in case of emergency" for the filibuster. I'm closer on the voting rights bill than I am for that. But I need to see something truly to the threat of destroying the country to support removing the filibuster. I know what the other side will do with that power and I can't imagine anyone here thinks that letting them get the senate without a filibuster the next time they (inevitably) get power back being a good thing. I look at it as a way of keeping them from hurting people through bad policy. Just look at how they tried to take everyone's health care away with their Obamacare repeal.
    I am sure the working poor don't give a crap for excuses for not increasing their wages. They will still see the democrat party as the do-nothing party especially when they come, during election time, to black churches with their "feel your pain" song and dance and promises. That is the killer they promise to make changes and they don't. That isn't to say that you are right or wrong, but people want results. Especially when they are hurting. I am sure you can live with this reality but they can't literally live off that reality, thus riots, protest, and unrest.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-13-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Will Rogers

I can see how harmful that has been in the past for blacks and I imagine state rule isn't doing so well for the working peons in those states or women seeking abortions now. But that is that those red-staters problems. They voted those clowns in so they get what they voted for.

So why should I vote for a Democrat who doesn't serve the needs of my community by not raising the minimum wage, or make criminal justice reform, or improving the schools? Come on, these questions the party going to have to answer come election time. I am sure the reason you and DB have stated will go over well with us.
    You HAVE a party that is working toward these things. Biden, like I said, has pushed the tax credits. He's pushing for an infrastructure build. He's looking into closing Guantanamo Bay. He's pulling us out of Afghanistan. He's reaching Diplomacy with Iran. He stopped selling weapons to the Saudis.

Your push should be for a larger Senate majority so we can pass the things we want to pass.

That doesn't mean you have to agree with every policy Biden and his admin pushes, but his policies are much further left than any applicable politician right now. Why not spend your time pushing for us to take senate seats? So we can get things like a Nationalized healthcare system. Or a $15/hr minimum wage (something that Biden has repeated his intent for multiple times now). Or childcare for working families paid for.

Why fight for the overthrow of Biden who has legitimately nothing to do with any of your concerns. Your problem is that we have the softest Senate majority in the history of American politics where one of our Senators is in a state that voted 70% Trump. If we can get a couple more senate votes we can make bigger changes. I don't understand why you think tearing down Biden gets us closer to the legislation you want passed. WHen clearly the goal should be to flip Senate seats and hold on to our thin lead in the House.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 06-13-2021 at 11:21 PM.

I am sure the working poor don't give a crap for excuses for not increasing their wages. They will still see the democrat party as the do-nothing party especially when they come, during election time, to black churches with their "feel your pain" song and dance and promises. That is the killer they promise to make changes and they don't. That isn't to say that you are right or wrong, but people want results. Especially when they are hurting. I am sure you can live with this reality but they can't literally live off that reality, thus riots, protest, and unrest.
    You guys can ignore the tax credits all you want and act like Biden has done nothing to help the working class. It doesn't change the objective reality.

And if people want every promise Biden made to be completed in 5 months then they are setting unrealistic goals.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 06-13-2021 at 11:26 PM.

Y'all has been working on that since Slick Willie's Feel your pain moment. How long has the black community been on the front line of the drug war, how long have I watched our community turn from a neighborhood filled with playing children to shooting galleries.

Dude, I didn't come by my stance overnight but from decades of broken promises from conservative wall street Democrats who are far removed from the New Deal democrats I grew up admiring. I am sixties-six years old and seen the changes to this party and I don't like it.

How many f'ing times have I heard "we working on it" while our problems have gotten worse over the last four decades I can't even count. We heard it during the Clinton administration, we heard it from the Obama administration. You honestly think that the Republicans are going to play ball with you to help my community. They elected a racist to the oval office. How many kinds of fool do you take me for to fall for that one again and again?

Will Rogers

You guys can ignore the tax credits all you want and act like Biden has done nothing to help the working class. It doesn't change the objective reality.

And if people want every promise Biden made to be completed in 5 months then they are setting unrealistic goals.
    Keep calling our issues unrealistic that will sell well next elections.

Will Rogers

In your heart of hearts. WHat do you think is the smarter way going forward? Push for more Democratic elected officials in the Senate or start a campaign against the Democrats for an election that won't be held for another 3+ years.

You guys are worse than Hannity. He at least waited a year to call Obama the worst president in our history. You guys are trying to kill Bidens momentum, and he's just gotten started.

Valade said this in another thread, that if you continue to campaign against Dems that are pushing for progressive policies you are just disincentivizing them from pushing for these changes. You guys are unwittingly shooting yourself in the foot.

They aren't excuses. They are the rules of the road that our country has established. Nobody is saying that nothing will change in any serious way.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    They aren't excuses. They are the rules of the road that our country has established. Nobody is saying that nothing will change in any serious way.
    Well, why didna you say that earlier. HAHA, that makes the pain go down a whole lot easier. It is the rules of the road. The American rules of the road. That's been a good road for us. Still not a good selling point.

Will Rogers

Keep calling our issues unrealistic that will sell well next elections.
    No on called your issues unrealistic. I said if you expected Biden to fix every issue he campaigned on in 5 months then you are being unrealistic.

Jesus ****ing christ.

No on called your issues unrealistic. I said if you expected Biden to fix every issue he campaigned on in 5 months then you are being unrealistic.

Jesus ****ing christ.
    Take the Lord name in vain again, motherf'er.

Will Rogers

Take the Lord name in vain again, motherf'er.
    I never mentioned Voldemort. Not even once.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast