Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amed Rosario

Amed Rosario

Just checked the latest Indians box score and saw that Rosario was hitting 276 with an OPS of 744

Lindor 213 with an OPS of 638
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 06-12-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Just checked the latest Indians box score and saw that Rosario was hitting 276 with an OPS of 744

Lindor 213 with an OPS of 638
    And with those numbers, knowing how Lindorís are going up, knowing how far superior a SS he is over Rosario, I still make that trade with one caveat:

Iíd require the the Mets to take one million of the 341 million they would eventually pay Lindor and put it into FoCís pocket.

I have been thinking that Lindor's presence in the IF makes the entire IF much better defensively. He is such an in your face, energizing personality something has to rub off, lol. I think when he and McNeil got into the tussle (what was it McNeil is the rabbit and Lindor the rat or was it a raccoon or an opossum or a freakin' armadillo? Anyway, when McNeil comes back he can expect more of Lindor in his face.

Because of his defensive prowess and his ability to influence those around him, that makes him light years better than Rosario. The Mets and all the other major league team knew Rosario would hit. They were not so sure about Gimenez. But neither of them can yet be compared to Lindor.

Rosie's having a good year, but he's not the complete player Lindor is.

WAR
    Lindor 1.2
    Rosario 0.7

Amend Rosario

Wow Rosario really turned it up. Too bad heís a ****** SS. We needed a SS and itís obvious Rosario isnít one. Maybe he can find a home at 3B. The outfield experiment hasnít worked out that well yet for him. Lindor is only 2 years older than Rosario.

Rosario isnít a good SS at all. And unfortunately his bat is unlikely to be great anywhere else.

But I wish him well and hope he finds his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

DeGoat is better than Koufax!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    DeGoat is better than Koufax!
    For this year so far , you could be correct. The one exception is that DeGrom never finishes his game whereas Koufax always did .

And if I asked you, 7th game of the WS who would you want on the mound Sandy Koufax or Jacob DeGrom ?

I do not know whether you saw Sandy Koufax pitch during those 6 great years, but if you did when he took the mound and you were in attendance you thought that there was a possibility that you might see a no hitter or perfect game that night.

While DeGrom has been great I never get that same feeling .

For this year so far , you could be correct. The one exception is that DeGrom never finishes his game whereas Koufax always did .

And if I asked you, 7th game of the WS who would you want on the mound Sandy Koufax or Jacob DeGrom ?

I do not know whether you saw Sandy Koufax pitch during those 6 great years, but if you did when he took the mound and you were in attendance you thought that there was a possibility that you might see a no hitter or perfect game that night.

While DeGrom has been great I never get that same feeling .
    If Koufax pitched today, he wouldnít finish his starts either. No manager would let him. Thatís because managers manage differently these days. And also because Koufax has to be what, about 85 years old? It would be amazing if he lasted through 6.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 06-12-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If Koufax pitched today, he wouldnít finish his starts either. No manager would let him. Thatís because managers manage differently these days. And also because Koufax has to be what, about 85 years old? It would be amazing if he lasted through 6.
    At 85 he still would be the GOAT !!!

At 85 he still would be the GOAT !!!
    Nah. Heíd still be behind Fiumano.

Lindor is much better defensively, thatís a fact. Heís also a leader whereas Rosario wasnít.

Still, if you ask me if I make that trade again, I say no. If you ask me if I would offer Lindor that contract, Iíd still say no.

Iíve definitely come around on Lindor a bit, the intangibles he brings are very nice. That being said, yíall already know the position I have; Shouldíve traded for Arenado, let Gimenez start at short, and use Rosario as bait for somebody else.

It is what it is, though. Surprisingly, Arenado hasnít been that good at third.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Honestly I would still do that trade and contract again. It is so nice going to next season not worrying who your SS is and which superstar you may get.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Lindor is much better defensively, thatís a fact. Heís also a leader whereas Rosario wasnít.

Still, if you ask me if I make that trade again, I say no. If you ask me if I would offer Lindor that contract, Iíd still say no.

Iíve definitely come around on Lindor a bit, the intangibles he brings are very nice. That being said, yíall already know the position I have; Shouldíve traded for Arenado, let Gimenez start at short, and use Rosario as bait for somebody else.

It is what it is, though. Surprisingly, Arenado hasnít been that good at third.

If you think the Mets would still be a first place team without Lindor, you havenít been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If you think the Mets would still be a first place team without Lindor, you havenít been paying attention.
    We can agree to disagree on that.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast