Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Padres @ Mets

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    So you lift weights right?

If you injure something, even slightly, you lose all power in that movement. Complex physical challenges require so much coordination of so many muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves, blood supply etc., that the slightest injury can cause the entire movement or repetition to fail.

Iím sure youíve experienced this. I lift and I sure have. Pitching is even more complex.

Not saying he isnít more hurt than heís letting on, but his velocity loss doesnít scare me knowing he had some sort of injury at the time. The question really is about severity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your expertise and intelligence ain't got nothin on my pessimism and paranoia, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Letís say he does not miss any time or just a start or two, Mets still have to basically take it easy with him. Basically any game he is winning after 6 innings, take him out.

As it stands, it sounds like they will treat it with no MRI. I get deGrom knows his body but it feels so oddly familiar like the Mets of the Wilpon era, that they won't do any additional medical tests right now. I'm assuming they will if it doesn't respond to treatment or it gets worse but all indications are he wants to make his next start.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-12-2021 at 02:33 AM.

When will the Mets make Zack Scott the GM and lose the title Acting GM?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Your expertise and intelligence ain't got nothin on my pessimism and paranoia, so.
    Lmao.

Iím right there with you as a Mets fan. We got it in our DNA.

Just hoping for the best from a guy who never ceases to amaze me. Best Iíve ever personally seen do anything in a baseball uniform.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    When will the Mets make Zack Scott the GM and lose the title Acting GM?
    Assuming once his background search is complete and found to be dick pic free.

Quote Originally Posted by olimets02 View Post
    when nimmo and conforto come back i hope smith gets sent down mckiney too good
    When Nimmo and Conforto are ready, Drury and Williams go down before McKinney, the way things look now.

Almora probably stays at AAA until he can get back to his hitting from 2018 and prior. He hasn't been able to hit since getting frightened when he hit the child with the foul ball. He doesn't need a hitting coach - he needs a full time shrink. Seriously.

When and if all the regulars get back, the position players look to be: McCann and Nido are the catchers; Alonso, McNeil, Lindor, Villar, Guillorme, Peraza in the IF; Smith, Pillar, Nimmo, Conforto and McKinney in the OF. But I am not sure all of them will be healthy by Aug.

J.D. Davis, if he's ready, might end up causing the loss of either Guillorme or Peraza (I know that Guillorme has options but not sure about Peraza). But I think Davis will be traded once he is healthy and has gone through a rehab assignment. I heard there are more than a few teams interested in Guillorme.

The question will be when can rosters expand again? I know things have changed but can teams only expand rosters on or about Aug. 31? I know the Mets have a few guys they want back then (Williams, Drury and Mazeika and of course some pitching). And is Jose Martinez ever going to play? That's the question of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    As it stands, it sounds like they will treat it with no MRI. I get deGrom knows his body but it feels so oddly familiar like the Mets of the Wilpon era, that they won't do any additional medical tests right now. I'm assuming they will if it doesn't respond to treatment or it gets worse but all indications are he wants to make his next start.
    You're onto something here. I've been sounding alarm bells over the disastrous injury situation all season - especially players' penchant for starting rehab assignments only to suffer setbacks and get shut down again.

Something is very wrong with the organization. I hope it doesn't come from the top, because we're ****ed if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Assuming once his background search is complete and found to be dick pic free.

Unfortunately there is quite a bit of truth in your statement.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Unfortunately there is quite a bit of truth in your statement.
    Who said reality could not be comically horrific?

Lol

Is this guy reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Is this guy reliable?
    He's an editor for Metsmerized and Michael Mayer retweeted him so I would say yeah.

Musgrove lucking out. Heís fooling nobody and two well struck balls found gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He's an editor for Metsmerized and Michael Mayer retweeted him so I would say yeah.
    Oh well excuse me for not knowing what or who any of that it.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast