Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Padres @ Mets

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Everyone is guilty of playing amateur doctor. Only Gotta would know the answer here. At the end of the day we'll just have to hope its nothing severe. Figure the Mets handle him with kid gloves regardless so you probably won't see him for a bit.
    We're probably just seeing what medical people online say about flexor tendinitis. Either way you're right, he'll be out for some time.

Too many meatballs on 0-2. C'mon!

Good win but I feel a little sick about Jake. We'll see what happens but not optimistic.

i hope its just a minor inflammation for degrom

Diaz!!

deGrom seems optimistic and hopes he wonít miss any time. He said they did all the ligaments test and every seems ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    deGrom seems optimistic and hopes he wonít miss any time. He said they did all the ligaments test and every seems ok.

Great news..at least from his perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Everyone is guilty of playing amateur doctor. Only Gotta is qualified nough to answer those questions around these parts. At the end of the day we'll just have to hope its nothing severe. Figure the Mets handle him with kid gloves regardless so you probably won't see him for a bit.
    As I'm listening to Jake, I might be guilty as charged.. guess we'll now have to see what the docs level of concern will be and what the plan is.

Jacob just now said he is not concerned and will be ready in 5 days. He said he felt it all week but realized it before he came out. Good news if everything is OK. He said ligament tests check out and it felt different then ligament injuries he has had.
    I just hope he is cautious and if necessary has to miss a start or two.

Donít think he will make his next start. Mets will be cautious.

Padres @ Mets

Iím not an orthopedist and even if I were one you canít diagnose these things so easily based on anecdotal reports.

Generally patients know their bodies well and know when theyíre dealing with something small or something serious. For what itís worth, deGrom feels confident it isnít serious.

Heís the best player in baseball and the best pitcher in a generation. Hard to imagine he doesnít get a full evaluation and some extra rest at the bare minimum.

But as a physician I have learned to trust my patients and by that metric I feel far less concerned after listening to deGrom talk about his arm.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Iím not an orthopedist and even if I were one you canít diagnose these things so easily based on anecdotal reports.

Generally patients know their bodies well and know when theyíre dealing with something small or something serious. For what itís worth, deGrom feels confident it isnít serious.

Heís the best player in baseball and the best pitcher in a generation. Hard to imagine he doesnít get a full evaluation and some extra rest at the bare minimum.

But as a physician I have learned to trust my patients and by that metric I feel far less concerned after listening to deGrom talk about his arm.

Thanks for this.

I would still push him back a few days. I worry sometimes that Jake is a little bull-headed, and his comments about pitching every five days for the rest of the year might persuade him to undersell the discomfort a bit. I've never seen him lose velocity like that before.

Letís say he does not miss any time or just a start or two, Mets still have to basically take it easy with him. Basically any game he is winning after 6 innings, take him out.

So you lift weights right?

If you injure something, even slightly, you lose all power in that movement. Complex physical challenges require so much coordination of so many muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves, blood supply etc., that the slightest injury can cause the entire movement or repetition to fail.

Iím sure youíve experienced this. I lift and I sure have. Pitching is even more complex.

Not saying he isnít more hurt than heís letting on, but his velocity loss doesnít scare me knowing he had some sort of injury at the time. The question really is about severity.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I dunno, deGrom is starting to remind me of Jim Brown, the greatest running back of all time. Heíd carry the entire defensive team on his back for 12 yards before finally going down after a tackle. Then heíd get up, very slowly, and limp back to the huddle. The defense would see this, figure they finally got the best of Jim Brown, until the next play, of course, when heíd come busting through the line again and it would take the entire defensive team to bring him down, again. Only this time, heíd go for 15 yards. Then heíd get up slowly and limp back to the huddle and do it all over again.

Jake exiting after 6 tonight was his version of the Jim Brown limp. Not saying he wasnít hurting. Just saying heís gonna come back again, strong, same as he always does. Because thatís what the GOAT does.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast