Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Padres @ Mets

Quote Originally Posted by 68METSFAN View Post
    I believe MLB reschedules double headers. Although the CBA most likely approved what is done. At least they are only 7 inning games for better or worse.
    The teams reschedule doubleheader’s but I am pretty sure the league and players association might have some input.

Boy, do the Yankees suck or what? Just got swept by Phillies who might be heating up.

Missed the game so far, but it sounds like I would've been frustrated with Rojas again. All I can say is that if Familia was at that high a pitch count and was clearly struggling, you have to go to someone else. Doesn't matter if they've been struggling too..you see with your eyes how Fam looks and hope the next guy can get the big out. You just don't know..maybe they have good stuff this day and get it done. Absolutely gotta take that gamble. Drew Smith has good stuff. He's hardly been used. His numbers are decent in only 10 innings.. 11k, 9hits, 4 earned runs. Rojas has a habit of trying to stretch a guy too long when everyone else can predict the outcome. That just can't happen if you're an mlb manager imo. Unless you're an elite pitcher, who can reach back when struggling and get a big out when needed, you make a move there. Familia is not in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    Missed the game so far, but it sounds like I would've been frustrated with Rojas again. All I can say is that if Familia was at that high a pitch count and was clearly struggling, you have to go to someone else. Doesn't matter if they've been struggling too..you see with your eyes how Fam looks and hope the next guy can get the big out. You just don't know..maybe they have good stuff this day and get it done. Absolutely gotta take that gamble. Drew Smith has good stuff. He's hardly been used. His numbers are decent in only 10 innings.. 11k, 9hits, 4 earned runs. Rojas has a habit of trying to stretch a guy too long when everyone else can predict the outcome. That just can't happen if you're an mlb manager imo. Unless you're an elite pitcher, who can reach back when struggling and get a big out when needed, you make a move there. Familia is not in that category.
    I think we all recognize that Rojas was in a tough situation with limited options at best and no sure one. But some of us would’ve made the move with Pham coming up instead of waiting until Tatis.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Sorry man. Can’t agree with your logic to basically concede the game there when it was obvious Familia was beyond cooked going into that at bat with Pham.

Not saying I had high confidence in anyone else. Just that I don’t see how anyone watching the game could have any confidence in Familia going into that at bat when he clearly looked done with Profar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t think you concede the game or Rojas, but he relied on two guys that just could not get the job done.

That’s the bottom line here, those two guys ****ed it up.

We ended up not using May at all and he hasn't pitched three days in a row. Why not just use him instead of saving for a save situation that may or may not come. He's not Diaz

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Wait Trevor may hasn't pitched since June 6... Wtf?

FWIW, we probably could have gotten 6 out of Lucchesi, but we’ll never know. Would’ve made for an easier 7-8-9. Woulda, coulda, shoulda… I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    FWIW, we probably could have gotten 6 out of Lucchesi, but we’ll never know. Would’ve made for an easier 7-8-9. Woulda, coulda, shoulda… I know.
    Agreed. I guess since he never went 5 this year yet, they wanted to have him leave feeling good

I do appreciate that Rojas had limited options. If Barnes is the next guy up, it's a lose-lose because he's probably not getting either guy out. So I get it - pray Familia gets Pham. The problem is he was clearly gassed. Odds of him getting that out were slim.

Gotta remember too. Had Laz Diaz called the 1-1 pitch a strike — which it was — Tatis would have been at 1-2 instead of 2-1 and couldn’t have been keying on a fastball like he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    I think we all recognize that Rojas was in a tough situation with limited options at best and no sure one. But some of us would’ve made the move with Pham coming up instead of waiting until Tatis.
    Yea I can't comment much because I didn't see the game. Just making a general statement about making a move when you're guy is struggling, which it seems Rojas doesn't have a good feel for.

Again when you have no Diaz, Lugo, Loup and Castro available is hard to get the last 12 outs from a group of Familia, Barnes, Gsellman, Smith and May without giving up a run.

Even if Luchessi somehow gets 3 more outs, 9 outs out of that group without giving up a run is tough to ask.

Why wasn't it May in that spot

Why hasn't May pitched in like 7 days

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast