Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Padres @ Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Again when you have no Diaz, Lugo, Loup and Castro available is hard to get the last 12 outs from a group of Familia, Barnes, Gsellman, Smith and May without giving up a run.

Even if Luchessi somehow gets 3 more outs, 9 outs out of that group without giving up a run is tough to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah at the end of the day the odds were slim they were gonna close it out without more run support.

Still disagree with you about that at bat. But if in the end we have live arms for the rest of the week I can live with that trade off.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Yeah at the end of the day the odds were slim they were gonna close it out without more run support.

Still disagree with you about that at bat. But if in the end we have live arms for the rest of the week I can live with that trade off.

I donít think youíre wrong about that at bat, I am just saying that whoever he brought in to face Pham would have been a shaky match up.

The one thing I would have not done for sure is brought in Barnes, that dude sucks *** and gives up a **** load of homers and to bring him in to face Tatis was a horrible move.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Why hasn't May pitched in like 7 days
    Cuz he has sucked of late but I am sure he would of gotten the save opportunity today or even pitched more than an inning.

One thing though can they DFA Barnes and bring up SRF because Peterson tomorrow vs a right Cubs team who is loaded with right handed batters looks like another short outing for him.

Pray for a rainout tomorrow. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    Pray for a rainout tomorrow. [emoji3]
    Still Peterson would have to face the Cubs Tuesday for a double header.

Cuz he has sucked of late but I am sure he would of gotten the save opportunity today or even pitched more than an inning.

One thing though can they DFA Barnes and bring up SRF because Peterson tomorrow vs a right Cubs team who is loaded with right handed batters looks like another short outing for him.

But 7 days of no pitching is just not a good recipe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

McNeil comes back who gets cut Drury? Not Peraza right.

One of the two of them.

Even if May was the planned closer, you bring him in there in that spot. It was the biggest spot of the game. Use your best to get out of that jam. He still could have pitched the next inning too then adjust your original plan for the 9th if you still have the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    Itís happening too much. Maybe automatic 5 game suspension for the pitcher who does it? I donít know but something has to happen before someone gets killed.
    I would start by automatic ejection of a pitcher who hits a batter in the head. Even if the pitch is not intentional, the pitcherís wildness is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Why hasn't May pitched in like 7 days
    Because he has not been pitching well. Rojas is looking for a less leveraged situation for him to get out of his slump.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Because he has not been pitching well. Rojas is looking for a less leveraged situation for him to get out of his slump.
    If Diaz was not available for the 9th, you have to use the best you have in a bases loaded situation with Tatis up late in the game. Barnes was a terrible choice from the start.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819