Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

NY Yankees @ Minnesota Twins June 8-10

The New York Yankees and the Minnesota Twins meet in MLB action from Target Field on Tuesday night.

The Yankees will look to rebound from a 6-5 loss to the Red Sox in extra innings on Sunday night baseball. Gary Sanchez posted a pair of hits with a double and two RBIs while Gleyber Torres also had two hits with a double and an RBI. Aaron Judge contributed two hits of his own and an RBI and Tyler Wade added an RBI of his own to finish off the scoring for the Yankees in the losing effort. Gio Urshela pitched in a pair of hits and Clint Frazier and Miguel Andujar each had a base knock as well to finish off New York’s offense. Domingo German gave up one run on three hits while striking out three over 5.2 innings of work in the start, not factoring in the decision. Luis Cessa ended up with the loss, falling to 1-1 on the year as a result. Jordan Montgomery will start this one and is 3-1 with a 3.92 ERA and 59 strikeouts this season. In his career, Montgomery is 0-1 with a 6.55 ERA and 9 strikeouts against the Twins.

The Minnesota Twins will try to build on a 2-1 win over the Kansas City Royals in their last game. Miguel Sano had a double and an RBI and Trevor Larnach added an RBI as well to finish off the scoring for the Twins in the winning effort. Andrelton Simmons, Jorge Polanco and Nick Gordon each had a pair of hits while Kyle Garlick and Alex Kirilloff each added a base hit as well to finish off Minnesota’s offense as a team in the victory. Bailey Ober threw four innings in the start, allowing the one run on five hits while striking out four, not factoring in the decision. Luke Farrell got the win in relief to improve to 1-0 on the year while Taylor Rogers closed out the 9th for his 5th save of the season. Michael Pineda will start here and is 3-3 with a 3.40 ERA and 48 strikeouts this season. In his career, Pineda is 0-1 with a 5.40 ERA and 13 strikeouts against the Yankees.

New York is 20-7 in their last 27 games against the AL Central and 1-6 in their last 7 games following a loss while the under is 6-0 in their last 6 series-opening games. Minnesota is 5-2 in their last 7 games against the AL East and 5-13 in their last 18 games against a left-handed starter while the over is 4-1 in their last 5 games following an off day. New York is 63-21 in the last 84 meetings between these two teams and 36-16 in the last 52 meetings between these two teams in Minnesota.

Tue, Jun 8 • 8:10 PM EDT

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    3-1, 3.92 ERA, 59 SO
    Montgomery threw a season-high 99 pitches in his last outing, recording the victory in a 4-3 win over Tampa Bay. Montgomery permitted three runs (one earned) and five hits over 6 1/3 innings, scattering five hits with six strikeouts.

Michael Pineda
    RHP
    3-3, 3.40 ERA, 48 SO
    Pineda was pushed back by two days due to lingering right forearm soreness from his last start, but he's ready to pitch the opener against New York following a successful bullpen session on Sunday. He allowed five runs to Baltimore in his last start.

Wed, Jun 9 • 8:10 PM EDT

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    6-3, 2.26 ERA, 104 SO
    Cole is coming off a loss to the Rays in which he tied his season high with five runs allowed. Cole said that he threw too many fastballs above the strike zone. The ace is 1-2 with a 4.30 ERA in his last four starts.

Randy Dobnak
    RHP
    1-5, 6.19 ERA, 22 SO
    The last time Randy Dobnak started against the Yankees, he was a rookie thrust into action as the Twins' Game 2 starter in the 2019 ALDS. Now, he'll make a fourth start in a row out of the rotation as he fills in for the injured Kenta Maeda.

Thu, Jun 10 • 8:10 PM EDT

TBD

J.A. Happ
    LHP
    3-2, 5.61 ERA, 37 SO
    Following three seasons with the Yankees, Happ will make his first start against his old team while seeking his first quality start since April 28. He has a 10.17 ERA across his last five appearances, with opponents hitting .360 off him in that span.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Come one!!! Start Tallion vs Happ!!! .

Tonight could be a really fun game.

Tomorrow will be interesting. If Cole gets hit hard, that tells us some very bad news.

I really don't know what to thing. I mean its the Twinns and the Yankees have owned them but this is a different year.

I hate to say it and I have heard others say it, a part of me would love to see the Yankees get swept. Maybe that facilitates a change.

My feeling is, if you are not going to be a legit contender, I would rather be crap so changes are made. Mediocrity +, has been the bane of this franchise.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Come one!!! Start Tallion vs Happ!!! .

Tonight could be a really fun game.

Tomorrow will be interesting. If Cole gets hit hard, that tells us some very bad news.

I really don't know what to thing. I mean its the Twinns and the Yankees have owned them but this is a different year.

I hate to say it and I have heard others say it, a part of me would love to see the Yankees get swept. Maybe that facilitates a change.

My feeling is, if you are not going to be a legit contender, I would rather be crap so changes are made. Mediocrity +, has been the bane of this franchise.

This thing with Yankee fans calling for them to be swept is getting old fast. Please STOP.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    This thing with Yankee fans calling for them to be swept is getting old fast. Please STOP.
    Like I said, at what point is it better for the team to know the season is over?
    I certainly think this team can go on a run and make the playoffs. I also don't think they can win it all. I just don't.
    Which is better for the team going forward? Stay close enough to trade a great prospect for a rental of an older vet? Or get you doors blown off so you know you have to reset?

Ignorance is bliss

Like I said, at what point is it better for the team to know the season is over?
    I certainly think this team can go on a run and make the playoffs. I also don't think they can win it all. I just don't.
    Which is better for the team going forward? Stay close enough to trade a great prospect for a rental of an older vet? Or get you doors blown off so you know you have to reset?
    At this point with as little as this teams has shown, IMHO its probably better to know what we have going forward. At this point trading anything of real value for anything thats not going to help us next yr also would likely be a waste. I don't think this team has shown nearly enough to mortgage the future for a 2 month rental

I was told that the next 4 series is very likely going to determine what we do the rest of the yr with this team. If they don't show any signs of life against these teams i was told that they may even look to sell at the deadline. He didn't give any names in particular but i got the feeling that the only 2 on the offensive side they wouldn't consider moving is Gio and Judge..

He didn't say anything about them selling any rotation pieces but he did say the team looking for relievers are having a very tough time finding LHed relievers. We'll have 5 when Brit and Wilson get back.

I want the Yanks to win first and for most and will root for them to win no matter what. That said i want what best for this team in both the short and long term. This basic team really hasn't done anything since 2017, if they don't turn it around and show a serious change in attitude I don't think it would be the worst thing to sell of some pieces, retool the farm and go into this winter expecting to make big changes.

We have some very, very intriguing pieces on the farm that the majority should be ready with the next 2 seasons, with even more coming after that.

The only way, IMO, were going to see big changes like Boone being fired or Cashman being forced to change roles is we miss the playoffs, finish 4th or worse in the division or finish below .500.

This team has some incredibly talented but it just seem like they are going to put it together and be able to win

1 DJ 1st
    2 Judge RF
    3 Torres SS
    4 Stanton DH
    5 Gio 3rd
    6 Sanchez C
    7 Odor 2nd
    8 Andujar LF
    9 Gardy CF

Little different lineup, lets hope this version can score some runs... If we lose this series to the Twins were in big trouble

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1 DJ 1st
    2 Judge RF
    3 Torres SS
    4 Stanton DH
    5 Gio 3rd
    6 Sanchez C
    7 Odor 2nd
    8 Andujar LF
    9 Gardy CF

Little different lineup, lets hope this version can score some runs... If we lose this series to the Twins were in big trouble
    dj leadoff double next 3 batters made out.. twins score 2 runs in bottom first with 2 outs.

already yankee bullpen is up in the first inning

Odor the .190 hitter back in the lineup because he's left handed. Gittens is out after 7 ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Odor the .190 hitter back in the lineup because he's left handed. Gittens is out after 7 ABs.
    Remember when Cashman and Boone told us at the beginning of the year, that lefties in the lineup was overrated? Now they are scrounging for them

Ignorance is bliss

Pineda has always been the worst athlete I have seen as a pitcher. Such a bizarre body

Ignorance is bliss

Pineda has always been the worst athlete I have seen as a pitcher. Such a bizarre body
    He's like a potato head doll, has all the part but they don't look like they should go together

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Pine tar and Rob Ref.

So many memories. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

andujar should have scored on that single by dj. he was held on a throw way offline.. yanks playing station to station baseball this inning

Brits line in AAA tonight 0.1IN 4ER 3H 1BB 1HR 108.00ERA thats a little concerning

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast