Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I can tell it hurt.

Any time a person reacts like that, it looks significant. It looked like it is an adductor and internal rotator
    The problem is there are so many things we do, will irritate those muscles.

If it's not a grade 3 or even 2? It will still be 2-3 weeks till he can throw with any force.
    My guess is he's shut down till mid august and then starts to move slowly.
    I don't think we see him this year.

I hope I am very wrong
    More examples of not our year.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

I can tell it hurt.

Any time a person reacts like that, it looks significant. It looked like it is an adductor and internal rotator
    The problem is there are so many things we do, will irritate those muscles.

If it's not a grade 3 or even 2? It will still be 2-3 weeks till he can throw with any force.
    My guess is he's shut down till mid august and then starts to move slowly.
    I don't think we see him this year.

I hope I am very wrong
    I've have seen guys and have had them myself, have incredibly bad stingers in that same area that can last for a couple hrs. I'm extremely hopeful , i realize I'm being a stuborn moron, that it was a really bad stinger or at worst a grade 1 strain... The only thing i am hopeful about is he's never had a leg injury to my recollection, so atleast this isn't chronic

Unfortunately , the way he reacted i would say it likely far worse than what i am hoping. Best case he has to be shut down for 2-3 weeks and is back the middle of August. Unfortunately its probably a 4-6 week injury , if not longer. If thats the case we likely don't see him back this yr..

I really feel bad for Sevy, he was 3 weeks away from returning and his stuff was absolutely electric the 1IN 2/3rds he did pitch. 2 scouts in the park had him 95-99, using both his FB and the said both his SL and CU we're back to being plus or better.

If he misses anymore serious time, they can't count on him being anything going forward. Until you see him on an MLB mounds, you can't keep counting on him to be anything. It's an absolute shame but even when they are putting together the rotation for next yr it would be foolish to even count on Sevy for that.

If he's seriously hurt, he's a lottery ticket going forward. Maybe all those scouts that thought his best future role when he was first coming up , was in the BP as a setup/closer.. Maybe thats all he can be going forward

To quote Yogi, it ain't over t'ill it's over. They will likely not finish 1'st in the division, but will contend for the wild card.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by bitobi View Post
    To quote Yogi, it ain't over t'ill it's over. They will likely not finish 1'st in the division, but will contend for the wild card.
    Current records indicate it'll take 93 wins to get to the postseason.

The Yankees roughly need to go 60-38 (99-win pace) the rest of the way to get there, and that's just to go on the road in the Wild Card game.

This team hasn't shown me the ability to even be remotely good enough to do this, but anything is possible.

I'm just not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Current records indicate it'll take 93 wins to get to the postseason.

The Yankees roughly need to go 60-38 (99-win pace) the rest of the way to get there, and that's just to go on the road in the Wild Card game.

This team hasn't shown me the ability to even be remotely good enough to do this, but anything is possible.

I'm just not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

The young core besides Judge has not come through and that is real reason why they are struggling to a 33-31 record. And then add the injury to Kluber and the clunkers from Taillon and there you have it.

Judge is producing to a degree and Stanton gobbles up his RBI production in 4 game stretches and then goes ice cold. Sanchez, Torres and Frazier are not living up to the expectation that is needed with a young core. Losing Hicks is not why they are 33-31.

DJ having an off year has hurt as well but if the young core I mentioned picked up the slack like the Dynasty of Jeter, Bernie, Posada did when vets went cold then we would have a better offense. Yes not having Voit and Hicks in the lineup hurts but canít the young core pick it up some?

64 games in and 33-31 is not what I expected. I really thought they were taking off during that White Sox sweep and since then they are like 5-12. And that is not the sign of a good team just going into a slump. They pulled themselves out of their early season slow start and got hot and then lost it all and gave most of it back.

Again, the Rays lose their CY Young starter in Snell and their #2 who at times was a #1 in Morton and are currently 17 games over .500

I hope Hal, Cashman, Trost and Levine see that today and are embarrassed for the garbage that they have with this roster. It is not working and roster changes need to happen. They have Boone as manager because he is their puppet. Girardi was not a puppet and that is why Cashman let him walk. So Boone is here for the rest of his contract IMO. He is cheap and he listens to the people upstairs. Iíll accept that for 2021 but just waiting for the return of Voit is not the answer.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If they get hot, it will happen. And we have all seen teams turn it around in the second half, so I agree.
    The catch is, will they do enough before the break to give themselves a shot? I believe the next 27 games are the season

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I've have seen guys and have had them myself, have incredibly bad stingers in that same area that can last for a couple hrs. I'm extremely hopeful , i realize I'm being a stuborn moron, that it was a really bad stinger or at worst a grade 1 strain... The only thing i am hopeful about is he's never had a leg injury to my recollection, so atleast this isn't chronic

Unfortunately , the way he reacted i would say it likely far worse than what i am hoping. Best case he has to be shut down for 2-3 weeks and is back the middle of August. Unfortunately its probably a 4-6 week injury , if not longer. If thats the case we likely don't see him back this yr..

I really feel bad for Sevy, he was 3 weeks away from returning and his stuff was absolutely electric the 1IN 2/3rds he did pitch. 2 scouts in the park had him 95-99, using both his FB and the said both his SL and CU we're back to being plus or better.

If he misses anymore serious time, they can't count on him being anything going forward. Until you see him on an MLB mounds, you can't keep counting on him to be anything. It's an absolute shame but even when they are putting together the rotation for next yr it would be foolish to even count on Sevy for that.

If he's seriously hurt, he's a lottery ticket going forward. Maybe all those scouts that thought his best future role when he was first coming up , was in the BP as a setup/closer.. Maybe thats all he can be going forward
    You've had stingers in the groin? I hope you never went out with her again

I got them in my shoulders and if that's what it was? That would be amazing but it would also mean, he can get them again because once you pinched that nerve, it's will always kind of be there. It doesn't mean he would get it again but does the fear of it change his motion?

I think he's done till august. I hope I am wrong but it looked very bad. They could bring him in and it turns out its a 2 week heal but from his reaction? I'm guessing it's significant. It is usually around a 6-8 week heal and I am guessing they will be super cautious with him, which is why I say he will be throwing in august

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The young core besides Judge has not come through and that is real reason why they are struggling to a 33-31 record. And then add the injury to Kluber and the clunkers from Taillon and there you have it.

Judge is producing to a degree and Stanton gobbles up his RBI production in 4 game stretches and then goes ice cold. Sanchez, Torres and Frazier are not living up to the expectation that is needed with a young core. Losing Hicks is not why they are 33-31.

DJ having an off year has hurt as well but if the young core I mentioned picked up the slack like the Dynasty of Jeter, Bernie, Posada did when vets went cold then we would have a better offense. Yes not having Voit and Hicks in the lineup hurts but canít the young core pick it up some?

64 games in and 33-31 is not what I expected. I really thought they were taking off during that White Sox sweep and since then they are like 5-12. And that is not the sign of a good team just going into a slump. They pulled themselves out of their early season slow start and got hot and then lost it all and gave most of it back.

Again, the Rays lose their CY Young starter in Snell and their #2 who at times was a #1 in Morton and are currently 17 games over .500

I hope Hal, Cashman, Trost and Levine see that today and are embarrassed for the garbage that they have with this roster. It is not working and roster changes need to happen. They have Boone as manager because he is their puppet. Girardi was not a puppet and that is why Cashman let him walk. So Boone is here for the rest of his contract IMO. He is cheap and he listens to the people upstairs. Iíll accept that for 2021 but just waiting for the return of Voit is not the answer.
    To be fair, the Rays analytics and scouting ar3 probably second to only the Dodgers but I do think thats why the Yankees need a fresher pair of eyes in the front office. Move Cashman up the flag pole but limit his power in regards to baseball decisions. Maybe that's not likely given his pull in the organization but he's been doing this a long time. Perhaps he wouldn't mind stepping aside in a different role.

The biggest obstacle for the Yankees is how top heavy the AL is and more so how competitive that division is. You have the Astros, A's, White Sox, Indians, Red Sox, Yankees, Rays, Blue Jays, all competing for 5 playoff spots.

Not an easy task but I said it last year that I think its time the Yankees move on from Cashman. The funny thing is even if this season is a wash, they could easily retool next year and be division favorites. The talent is there. Add another big bat and a good SP. It wouldn't take much imo. That said, I think they need a new approach in terms of the analytics, scouting, etc. Stuff that are the building blocks of consistent winning. Thats something other teams are doing better than the Yankees are.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-13-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Iím watching the 10th philly has 1st and 3rd no outs, foul ball Geo nice catch,runner on first tags goes to second eliminating the double play. So now Philly has second and third one out and we have the infield in, so a ground ball you have to come home. Am I the only one here who would have walked the next batter, to set up the double play again? So now you have a force at all the bases,and-donít have to play the infield in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Iím watching the 10th philly has 1st and 3rd no outs, foul ball Geo nice catch,runner on first tags goes to second eliminating the double play. So now Philly has second and third one out and we have the infield in, so a ground ball you have to come home. Am I the only one here who would have walked the next batter, to set up the double play again? So now you have a force at all the bases,and-donít have to play the infield in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are not alone. I had similar thought.

I also absolutely hate the new extra innings rule. Seems so bush. This is the MLB.

Imo, the unique beauty of BB over many other sports....there is no clock. The game ends when the play on the field determines the end, not some contrived extra inning runner.

If they get hot, it will happen. And we have all seen teams turn it around in the second half, so I agree.
    The catch is, will they do enough before the break to give themselves a shot? I believe the next 27 games are the season
    yanks could easily lose the rest of their game son this road trip.you have to face reality this team as dr mccoy would say is dead jim..

this team not only will not finish first they will not make the playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    this inning is the epitome of what has been wrong with the yanks all season they are trailing by 3 runs they have 1st and second no outs dj judge and gleyber up and all they all made out no runs scored..that may be the best and last chance they got in this game

As long as the game is still in progress, they have a chance. That's just how it works. Not sure why you don't understand that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Clint is definitely going to have a hard time getting his LF job back. Miggy is getting better defensively and has a plus arm that can make up for alot. If he can be league avg with the glove and keeps hitting about how he has, Clint might want to start taking ground balls at 1st.

Excellent arm if he learns to throw to the proper base.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast