Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He looks like he's put on some weight? Idk. I'm a fan so far. He's young enough to where he could be a nice find. Why did the Tigers just let him go? They have no one.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Im guessing they just figured he wasn't showing much in minors and bombed in his only major league opportunity last season, so he became expandable and they waived him

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Theres been several players who showed very little power in big milb samples but produced plenty once they became big leaguers.

Brantley, for example

I was actually looking at Ke'Bryan Hayes' numbers last night and he hit about 20 in 2000 PA and looks like an easy 20+ guy in the Bigs.

Its rare but it happens.
    Alcantara has 4 home runs in AAA and the MLB so far. Thats more than he's ever hit.

Sometimes guys add a bit of power. But his 5 triples and home runs in the MLB is tied for his best FULL season. This is a bit more than just a wee bit of power. This is...well...for him? A **** ton.

KeBryan Hayes was always someone people believed had 20 home run power. His last run in AAA, as a 23 year old, he had over 40 xBH. Brantly, was super, super young. He made AAA as a 21 year old. And still tagged almost 30 xBH. He took until 27 to really hit anything worthwhile in terms of power, as well. Alcantara has never even been a double's machine. Most years he was lucky to get to 25 xBH. This type of power just has never been in his profile. Sometimes guys develop power, but they usually show signs, like Brantley and Hayes did. Alcantara has never shown it.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 06-12-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Alcantara has 4 home runs in AAA and the MLB so far. Thats more than he's ever hit.

Sometimes guys add a bit of power. But his 5 triples and home runs in the MLB is tied for his best FULL season. This is a bit more than just a wee bit of power. This is...well...for him? A **** ton.

You think he changed his swing to add more lift?

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Joc

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Dear STL:

You’ve been Joc’d. Again.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    You think he changed his swing to add more lift?
    Maybe? But I think more likely he's getting a bit lucky added with a little extra weight. Like his triple? He hit a ball in a good spot, that rolled, and he out ran. I'm not really sure there's power in that. I think the home runs are more flukey than anything. But if he can hit 6-8 home runs, and get to about 25 doubles...he might be able to find some sneaky value.

I like Joc. Hes fun.

Is it bad that I think the Dodgers or Padres don’t want this smoke. The Mets are just a bad matchup.

Joc wants an extension too
    [emoji12]

That a boy, Hendricks!

Wisdom just keeps f***ing hitting

Maybe? But I think more likely he's getting a bit lucky added with a little extra weight. Like his triple? He hit a ball in a good spot, that rolled, and he out ran. I'm not really sure there's power in that. I think the home runs are more flukey than anything. But if he can hit 6-8 home runs, and get to about 25 doubles...he might be able to find some sneaky value.
    He's listed at 151 lbs but he doesn't look that small. Yeah HR's could totally be a fluke.

He still has very good speed and a very good glove. Even without the HR if he can hit .260-.270 he can have some value.

It’s been a while since I posted and this may have mentioned already but...

Chafin’s “Rod Beck” game is strong!!!
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Heyward is just a defensive replacement at this point in his career. He just keeps driving the ball into the ground. It's sad that he still has the hand-eye coordination and timing, but his mechanics are just unfixable and ruining him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    He's listed at 151 lbs but he doesn't look that small. Yeah HR's could totally be a fluke.

He still has very good speed and a very good glove. Even without the HR if he can hit .260-.270 he can have some value.
    He probably not gonna hit a ball 400 feet but he capable of driving balls 355 plus

I think for him it just a matter of being able to sit on a pitch being ahead in the count and getting a good swing on it

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast