Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Yeah. Hes turning out to be a really good signing. Just hoping he stays healthy

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Thatís a guy with some wheels too. I always thought the last few years that a guy with some speed adds an entirely new dimension to this team. The Cubs still donít steal any bases but their base running as a team looks significantly improved, and their ability to put balls in play (although I have no stats to back this up lol)

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I didnít know where else or how else to say it but Iíve lashed out at some people on the board here in the past and I apologize for it. Had to work out some personal anger/anxiety issues in my personal life and I think after 2 years I finally have. So, go Cubs, and my bad
    We all have our moments. Growth is key. Admission is big. Always welcome to hear from you, PP.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I didnít know where else or how else to say it but Iíve lashed out at some people on the board here in the past and I apologize for it. Had to work out some personal anger/anxiety issues in my personal life and I think after 2 years I finally have. So, go Cubs, and my bad
    All love

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    There will be pitchers available that wonít cost their top prospects . They need 2 SP a righty hitting OF an a backup C thatís isnít complete trash.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    May not cost the top ones, but if theyre gonna make a worthwhile upgrade over who they have , it gonna cost good prospects

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    May not cost the top ones, but if theyre gonna make a worthwhile upgrade over who they have , it gonna cost good prospects

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Not necessarily. They're upgrading over JAG replacement level arms in the rotation past Hendricks and Alzolay. They can likely upgrade for relatively cheap prospects. Scherzer(if he's okay he left early today) will be the "big prize" but no one has traded significant prospect content for rentals for a while. The Cubs won't have to pay good prospects very often. One of the perks of having such bad SP, I guess, is that it won't be hard to upgrade.

I'd like a guy like Marquez or Senzatela

Iíd say the same, but everyone Iíve lashed out at here is a jerk . Happy for you. Iím glad all is well.

Go cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    No interest in Senzatela. He can't strike anyone out, advanced stats don't love him. If he's super duper cheap? Sure. Take him and fix him, but he doesn't seem to be a great buy.

I just talked to CP about it, but I'm in on Berrios. He needs a pitch mix change (his change needs used), and I think his curve needs to be changed to a slider (like Alzolay. It moves but it's almost all horizontal. Make the thing a damn slider and have him shape it) but there's a lot to like there. Only 1.5 years of control. Can probably get away with like, a Made/Herz/Hearn type of deal (similarity to Darvish trade of young young players).

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 06-11-2021 at 09:13 PM.

6/11-6/13: Cardinals (32-30) at Cubs (35-27) IGT: Opening Day 2.0 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    1908 just mentioned it but Berrios would be my top target.

I donít see why someone like Berrios has to cost a fortune in prospects. Marquez has the cheap cost control so he might be more similar to a Snell trade return, but Berrios only has 1.5 years control and heís at an Arb 3 rate next year. I think the return is less than or similar to the Darvish trade.
    Last edited by CP_414; 06-11-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Conservatively speaking, 95% of internet discourse is people getting irrationally angry over basically nothing. That's awesome that you've worked through some stuff, but don't feel bad about raging at strangers on the internet, that's practically America's pastime now.

How hard would deGrom throw if he were a reliever? 103-104?

I give you a ton of respect for not only admitting your personal issues, but being able to overcome them and continuing to overcome it. Itís a huge sigh of relief when you do.

Congrats, Peanut.

LFG

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    No interest in Senzatela. He can't strike anyone out, advanced stats don't love him. If he's super duper cheap? Sure. Take him and fix him, but he doesn't seem to be a great buy.

I just talked to CP about it, but I'm in on Berrios. He needs a pitch mix change (his change needs used), and I think his curve needs to be changed to a slider (like Alzolay. It moves but it's almost all horizontal. Make the thing a damn slider and have him shape it) but there's a lot to like there. Only 1.5 years of control. Can probably get away with like, a Made/Herz/Hearn type of deal (similarity to Darvish trade of young young players).

Re: Senzatela you are absolutely right. I was just thinking of guys who hold velocity deep into starts but I actually hadn't looked too deep into his arsenal. He is almost all blue according to his percentiles on savant. Really surprises me. I just figured he has been hampered by the typical Rockies crap but didn't realize his stuff sucked so much.

Marquez there seems to be something to work with though. Decent across the board but what I really like is how hard he is to barrel up. It does surprise me to hear he may be valued similarly to Snell.

And Berrios just never felt like a guy (in my own head) that could be in our range. I definitely have always liked him. However, again from a statcast percentile perspective his stuff seems quite mediocre. Makes me wonder how does he get it done. I think he's a good target though, for sure.

Look this may sound completely insane... but I wonder if, over the winter, if we haven't traded him already, if they start stretching out Maples for a look, or maybe even Nance. Like, batshit crazy thought with Maples. But Nance has truly elite stuff and is holding hitters to a 215 xwoba, a negative launch angle, EV of 83. This dude has potential to maybe be our Burnes. You live with the walks if he's that hard to square up. Took him 1 start at Iowa to get the call. I doubt theyve put the idea of him starting to rest.

Maples has not been good in HLS but overall his numbers are quite good. Take him and see if he can develop a cutter in place of the 4 seam. His 4 seam gets drilled and gets no whiffs, despite it having elite spin and good velo. Add a little cut and you probably get more weak contact. Pair that with 2 elite-spin breaking balls and you just might have a viable starter. Cherry picking, but if you remove his first 4 outings, where he walked 8 guys, he's walked 6 in his last 14 innings, with 19 Ks. That would play.

Thanks a lot fellas. So glad to be back.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast