Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I didnít know where else or how else to say it but Iíve lashed out at some people on the board here in the past and I apologize for it. Had to work out some personal anger/anxiety issues in my personal life and I think after 2 years I finally have. So, go Cubs, and my bad
    No worries here, glad youíre feeling better for yourself.

As for this place, I love all of you except for CP.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Iíd say the same, but everyone Iíve lashed out at here is a jerk . Happy for you. Iím glad all is well.

Go cubs.
    Case and point.

Kidding, I actually like you too.

I didnít know where else or how else to say it but Iíve lashed out at some people on the board here in the past and I apologize for it. Had to work out some personal anger/anxiety issues in my personal life and I think after 2 years I finally have. So, go Cubs, and my bad
    Congrats! Good for you

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Case and point.

Kidding, I actually like you too.
    The Cubs are winning and everybody is happy.

1908 just mentioned it but Berrios would be my top target.

I donít see why someone like Berrios has to cost a fortune in prospects. Marquez has the cheap cost control so he might be more similar to a Snell trade return, but Berrios only has 1.5 years control and heís at an Arb 3 rate next year. I think the return is less than or similar to the Darvish trade.
    Would it be possible for the Cubs to take back Blackmon in a Marquez trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6/11-6/13: Cardinals (32-30) at Cubs (35-27) IGT: Opening Day 2.0 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post
    Would it be possible for the Cubs to take back Blackmon in a Marquez trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím sure the Rockies would gladly give him away but I donít think paying Blackmon a total of 35 mil over the next 2 years when he is 35/36 is a great idea. If it lowers the acquisition cost enough then maybe, but a big part of the appeal of Marquez is the contract and this kind of offsets that.

The Cubs are winning and everybody is happy.
    Are you bilingual?

Speaking English and facts.

So my twins are turning 2 on the 3rd next month and they are definitely firmly already in that "terrible" stage. Just very defiant and bratty when we ask em to do stuff. When they're in the house together they're nothing but trouble. So a few weeks ago I started taking them for short morning walks and they really enjoyed em. Well, then I went into Forrest Gump-lite mode about 4 weeks ago. I started doing 4-5 mile walks, then I pushed it a little further, etc.

Well, I went from 19 miles one week (really only 5 days, my work days), to 38 the next, and this week I've done 42 so far. I work the night shift and this wears them out good so that when my wife comes home she can relax for a good bit. They take like 4 hour naps now, which is insane. I take a gallon of water to keep them hydrated, plenty of sunscreen, snacks, and we usually stop for a small meal. I got the speaker boomin so they're moving and grooving. I try to get them out by 8 AM, 9 at the latest. Today we walked (aka I pushed the twin stroller) to a park 3.5m away and I let them go bananas for about an hour. I've pretty much turned about 2-3 shades darker in just this last month. I'm trying to lose the dad bod. I have some fruit in the morning, I eat an apple along the way, just trying to eat healthier as I burn all these calories and fat off. I've lost about 15 lbs. Probably about 20 from my ideal weight. My problem is that my job is extremely active and when I get off at 11 I'm pretty much starving. I try to eat light still but I think its still too much. Ideally I'd like to just shower and jump in bed but I'm still a bit wired up.

Anyway I feel great. I've committed to the change. The other night on one of our days off together I didn't get the stroller out of the van at night and wasn't able to walk the kids in the morning when she went to work and I actually was upset by that. The old me wouldn't have cared at all and would have embraced the lazy day. But I was genuinely bothered by not being able to get my walk in.

So, Peanut, as you know, change is tough. It takes a lot of mental fortitude when you're beat down. It takes sticktoitiveness, which is not easy to conjure. But damn it can be so rewarding. I applaud you and wish you the best in maintaining. I look forward to the playoffs this year and hopefully we get an exciting season for the Bears too!

Peace.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 06-12-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Cubs have a new third basemen today
    Hope he good

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot fellas, I really appreciate all of you and Iíve learned so much about Baseball throughout the years here from all of you. The last year was an incredible journey. I was diagnosed early in 2020, and took even longer for me to admit it. But finally did and never looked back Iím not there all the way yet but for the first time Iím confident I will get there.

A personal goal of mine for the last 5 years has always been to live in Lake View and I finally made it happen 2 weeks ago. Amazing how elusive goals seem until you form a plan, get off your *** and get it done within a few months.

I finally have a stable WFH job, donít have to rely on gambling/shadiness to sustain myself, Iíve cut out the negative energy and people in my life, and now get to take a full walk around Wrigley Field during my lunch breaks (I live 5 min away from wrigley now). Amazing what that can do for your mood . Hope to see yíall at wrigley this summer
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 06-12-2021 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Million Typos

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So my twins are turning 2 on the 3rd next month and they are definitely firmly already in that "terrible" stage. Just very defiant and bratty when we ask em to do stuff. When they're in the house together they're nothing but trouble. So a few weeks ago I started taking them for short morning walks and they really enjoyed em. Well, then I went into Forrest Gump-lite mode about 4 weeks ago. I started doing 4-5 mile walks, then I pushed it a little further, etc.

Well, I went from 19 miles one week (really only 5 days, my work days), to 38 the next, and this week I've done 42 so far. I work the night shift and this wears them out good so that when my wife comes home she can relax for a good bit. They take like 4 hour naps now, which is insane. I take a gallon of water to keep them hydrated, plenty of sunscreen, snacks, and we usually stop for a small meal. I got the speaker boomin so they're moving and grooving. I try to get them out by 8 AM, 9 at the latest. Today we walked (aka I pushed the twin stroller) to a park 3.5m away and I let them go bananas for about an hour. I've pretty much turned about 2-3 shades darker in just this last month. I'm trying to lose the dad bod. I have some fruit in the morning, I eat an apple along the way, just trying to eat healthier as I burn all these calories and fat off. I've lost about 15 lbs. Probably about 20 from my ideal weight. My problem is that my job is extremely active and when I get off at 11 I'm pretty much starving. I try to eat light still but I think its still too much. Ideally I'd like to just shower and jump in bed but I'm still a bit wired up.

Anyway I feel great. I've committed to the change. The other night on one of our days off together I didn't get the stroller out of the van at night and wasn't able to walk the kids in the morning when she went to work and I actually was upset by that. The old me wouldn't have cared at all and would have embraced the lazy day. But I was genuinely bothered by not being able to get my walk in.

So, Peanut, as you know, change is tough. It takes a lot of mental fortitude when you're beat down. It takes sticktoitiveness, which is not easy to conjure. But damn it can be so rewarding. I applaud you and wish you the best in maintaining. I look forward to the playoffs this year and hopefully we get an exciting season for the Bears too!

Peace.
    Thanks for sharing this. Thatís so incredible. Keep up the energy and great work! Having twins is such a blessing.

What do you guys think Ketel Marte would cost? Would he be a worthwhile target? Heís an incredible player and can slide right into that 2 hole, and KB goes to 3. Heís also a guy that can play 2-3 different positions.

Hoerner
    Marte
    Bryant
    Rizzo
    Wisdom
    Contreras
    Baez
    Alcantra/Happ/Heyward

Marte isnít just a play for this year but for the future. Iíve thought for a few years that guy has an mvp in his future.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 06-12-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Depending on where the Marlins are I would be interested in Marte . With that said they would probably need to trade Happ somewhere to make it happen . He isnít a good defensive CF however . He would be a rental , so maybe it doesnít take a whole lot in terms to f prospects . SP a much bigger need however .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

What do you guys think Ketel Marte would cost? Would he be a worthwhile target? Heís an incredible player and can slide right into that 2 hole, and KB goes to 3. Heís also a guy that can play 2-3 different positions.

Hoerner
    Marte
    Bryant
    Rizzo
    Wisdom
    Contreras
    Baez
    Alcantra/Happ/Heyward

Marte isnít just a play for this year but for the future. Iíve thought for a few years that guy has an mvp in his future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Depending on where the Marlins are I would be interested in Marte . With that said they would probably need to trade Happ somewhere to make it happen . He isnít a good defensive CF however . He would be a rental , so maybe it doesnít take a whole lot in terms to f prospects . SP a much bigger need however .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Yeah I think Ketel needs to be locked up for a huge contract if I'm the DBacks. But Starling, if the Marlins are out of it, should absolutely be a major target for us. I love that dudes game and the dynamic he would add to our team would be huge. He is having a monster season. And its a major plus for me that he knows our division well. Dude is a really underrated player.

Davies scheduled to pitch tomorrow night

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast