Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

0 0%
  • Sox Win Series

2 66.67%
  • Sox Sweep

1 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    So, in the meantime, what will it take to extend Rodon and Lynn? And when should we do it?

Rodon is just looking so damn strong. Throwing 99 again.
    I think wait it out still. we're only 60 games into a 162 game season.

You're right though, if you wait too long you'll have to pay more than you want.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I remember being upset when they signed him. Now Iím rooting for an extension. Definitely didnít see that coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    I remember being upset when they signed him. Now Iím rooting for an extension. Definitely didnít see that coming.

Yep. And I believe heís a Boras client. May get pretty pricey but if this is the real Rodon then sign me up. We definitely need him and Lynn if this is the Gioís weíre getting going forward. Gio needs another pitch to his arsenal. Heís been missing his spot with his change up and he doesnít have that pinpoint accuracy with his fastball that he needs since itís so straight. If youíre going to be a two pitch pitcher, you better have pinpoint accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Yep. And I believe heís a Boras client. May get pretty pricey but if this is the real Rodon then sign me up. We definitely need him and Lynn if this is the Gioís weíre getting going forward. Gio needs another pitch to his arsenal. Heís been missing his spot with his change up and he doesnít have that pinpoint accuracy with his fastball that he needs since itís so straight. If youíre going to be a two pitch pitcher, you better have pinpoint accuracy

I brought this up before, but what would be your thoughts on extending Lynn and Rodon, and trading Giolito in the offseason, then moving Kopech into the rotation?
    Giolito would get a very good haul back and may have the most value vs production going forward.

Chicago White Sox (38-24) @ Detroit Tigers (26-36) | 6/11 - 6/13

If I were Rodon, no chance Iím signing a deal now. Iím going to Free agency hoping to get 5/125+. Will come down to how much heíll value pitching for a big time contender.

His stuff is just nasty this year and he should be looking to top the Wheeler deal

Hard to not say the same for Lynn.

Yes, I fear the same. Especially with Boras as his agent. The best we could hope for is perhaps a home town discount, based on familiarity and the contender piece and maybe to a degree that we gave him a shot to start in 2021, when on one else seemed willing to. Lynnís age will bring his price tag down a little, but with the way he is pitching, he wonít be cheap either.
    We may have waited our selves out of the market.

Man I do not want to lose Rodon. Eating so much crow here. I wanted him banished 4 life last year.

I think most of it is health, but I wonder how much of it is Katz vs Coop. But, he was good early in his career, playing on crap teams where he probably pressed knowing 2 runs allowed meant a loss.

Rodonís stuff is among the best in the game right now. Would be a shame to see him in another uni next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I brought this up before, but what would be your thoughts on extending Lynn and Rodon, and trading Giolito in the offseason, then moving Kopech into the rotation?
    Giolito would get a very good haul back and may have the most value vs production going forward.
    Trading Gio??!! [emoji15] Thatís ballsy. TB Rays type stuff.

Chicago White Sox (38-24) @ Detroit Tigers (26-36) | 6/11 - 6/13

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Trading Gio??!! [emoji15] Thatís ballsy. TB Rays type stuff.

Not going to get a home team deal with Gio. Same with Rodon and Lynn IMO.

Folks need to get ready to see us just get a compensation pick for one or both of these latter 2 next fall. Weíd be dumb as **** to trade away pitching at the deadline so really without extensions l, this is what itíll come down to.

So best we can hope is we offer a QO to both Lynn and Rodon. Go into next season with Gio, Cease, Dallas, Kopech, and Crochet. Then getting a few extra 1st Round picks assuming Rodon and Lynn donít take the QO. Builds up our minor league program with hopefully a few top 100 players. We lose some depth but adding some potential studs to the rotation might make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Not going to get a home team deal with Gio. Same with Rodon and Lynn IMO.

Folks need to get ready to see us just get a compensation pick for one or both of these latter 2 next fall. Weíd be dumb as **** to trade away pitching at the deadline so really without extensions l, this is what itíll come down to.

So best we can hope is we offer a QO to both Lynn and Rodon. Go into next season with Gio, Cease, Dallas, Kopech, and Crochet. Then getting a few extra 1st Round picks assuming Rodon and Lynn donít take the QO. Builds up our minor league program with hopefully a few top 100 players. We lose some depth but adding some potential studs to the rotation might make it worth it.

There hasn't been first round compensation for a couple of seasons now.

I agree you can't trade away our pitching
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Trading Giolito away, would only be considered if we are some how able to extend both Lynn and Rodon and only in the offseason. Should not even think about trading away pitching during this season.

Looking at the mathÖ.. Giolito is now arbitration eligible. How much will he make over the next 3 seasons thru arbitration? How does that compare to what a 3 year Lynn extension would cost? Would it be relatively close? Probably. How would the production compare between the two? Similar? Probably.

So if all those variables are close to even, what compensation could you get back for each at the end of this season? Much more for Giolito.

Regarding Rodon, he has the best stuff of the 3 and I think will out perform both going forward. He has true #1 stuff and I think should be given the hard sell for an extension and hope he will accept a reasonable deal based on playing in Chicago, familiarity with the team and probably most importantly a chance to win a championship each season over the length of the extension.

Letís face it. Trading Gio would be TB type ballsy. But I think the Sox need to think that way, maybe not to the same degree, but philosophically similar to TB because we are never going to have the luxury of a $200 mil payroll. Regardless of the debates of whether JR can afford it, itís just not going to happen. And BTW, Iím not saying we should just give Gio away. Iíd want a really good haul for him that would vastly improve our farm system.

The White Sox aren't trading away Lucas Giolito.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast