Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

0 0%
  • Sox Win Series

2 66.67%
  • Sox Sweep

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chicago White Sox (38-24) @ Detroit Tigers (26-36) | 6/11 - 6/13

Chicago White Sox (38-24) @ Detroit Tigers (26-36)
    Comerica Park - Detroit, MI. | 6/11 - 6/13

Friday June 11, 2021 @ 6:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Lucas Giolito, RHP (5-5, 3.88 ERA) vs. Tarik Skubal, LHP (3-7, 4.33 ERA)

Chicago: Giolito makes his second straight start vs. the Tigers, after dropping a 4-3 home decision to Detroit on Saturday. The White Sox are 5-7 in Giolito's 12 starts, and he has a 3.32 ERA in three starts @ Comerica Park.
    Detroit: Skubal set a career high with 11 strikeouts against the White Sox in Chicago on Saturday, and he has four consecutive outings with at least eight strikeouts or more. He's just the fourth rookie since 2010 to post such a streak.

Saturday June 12, 2021 @ 3:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Dylan Cease, RHP (4-2, 3.36 ERA) vs. Jose Urena, RHP (2-5, 4.25 ERA)

Chicago: Cease absolutely dominates the Tigers, he has a 7-0 record with a 1.91 ERA in seven career starts. Cease has 14 scoreless in two wins over the Tigers this season.
    Detroit: Urena gets a rematch against the White Sox after giving up three runs on six hits over five innings on Sunday in Chicago. He hasn't struck out more than two batters in an outing since May 8th against Minnesota.

Sunday June 13, 2021 @ 12:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Carlos Rodon, LHP (5-2, 1.96 ERA) vs. TBD

Chicago: Rodon has not received a decision in three of his last five starts, going 0-2 with a 3.45 ERA. Over that span, he had 44 strikeouts in 28-2/3 innings, with an opponents .239 batting average. He has received zero runs of support in three of those starts.

Must win games here. 2-1 would be fine but 3-0 will keep us out in front of the Indians. They have an easy 2 series ahead of them. Can't lose ground.

I think we take two. One garbage loss in there somewhere
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I think we take two. One garbage loss in there somewhere
    Hopefully we get to Skubal. Dude has been on fire

Just went and looked at our teams record for all our starting pitchers (Not whether they got the W or L):

Rodon: 7-3
    Cease: 7-5
    Gio: 5-7
    Lynn: 7-4
    Keuchel 8-4
    Kopech: 3-0
    Lambert: 0-1

We really need to start winning some more Gio starts.

If the White Sox feel the price for Adam Frazier is too high, I'd look at Jon Schoop from the Tigers. He shouldn't take much to get, and he's been on a tear.

Rough blown save for Hendriks. Kinda ****** he had to sit out that rain delay after already warming up.

Bummer showed some grit tonight. Tony keeps trusting all our relievers, with the exception of Foster, and they never seem to let us down twice in a row. Solid win that we could have easily gave away.

ManWeiner coming up with a great play to finish it off. Next man up!!!

Glad Bummer didn't play ****up 2.0m But from the box scores looks like Giolito is John Danks 2.0
    Gopher balls. He is lucky they are only solo shots.

And here comes the goofy lurking Boystown fans as guest making this board look like there is activity.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    Glad Bummer didn't play ****up 2.0m But from the box scores looks like Giolito is John Danks 2.0
    Gopher balls. He is lucky they are only solo shots.

And here comes the goofy lurking Boystown fans as guest making this board look like there is activity.

6 ip, 9k, 2er, and a BB, whip of only 1.11 is a pretty damn good outing. He's has a slow start but his era is getting to a respectable point again

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    6 ip, 9k, 2er, and a BB, whip of only 1.11 is a pretty damn good outing. He's has a slow start but his era is getting to a respectable point again

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    However in his last 2 starts vs the Tigers 5 solo HR.

Just saying lucky with no one on base.

And we loses this game by a run Friday if the Tigers didn't blotch that rundown with Liam.'s restart meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    However in his last 2 starts vs the Tigers 5 solo HR.

Just saying lucky with no one on base.

And we loses this game by a run Friday if the Tigers didn't blotch that rundown with Liam.'s restart meltdown

In baseball you never look back on a win. Weve had plenty of tough luck losses to even out our fortunate wins. Id say we have more tough luck losses then wins. For instance game 2 Vs the Jays. A strike 3 passed ball. Then a chopping single to put us in a bad spot. Shoulda been 2 down 1 on. The bad call at the plate. The horrible strike zone multiple times.

With all our injuries to key players, 3 of our top 7 hitters, we need all the fortunate wins we can get, and Ill take em with open arms

Brian Freaking Goodwin lol. Everything we touch turns to gold...at least for 1 night

Man this team is resilient! Next week is a big week with TB and Houston. Think its going to show us whether we will need to be buyers or able to stand pat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. Next week will be a good indicator of how we stack up against the teams we will most likely see in October. But, just as much, how the rehabs are looking with Robert, Jimenez and to a lesser degree, Madrigal, over the next 6 weeks, will determine what moves we need to make at the deadline.

So, in the meantime, what will it take to extend Rodon and Lynn? And when should we do it?

Rodon is just looking so damn strong. Throwing 99 again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast