Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zack Wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Stroman was here with Wheeler, so if they had signed him Stroman would have still been here.

They traded for Stroman because they thought they had a shot still.

Doubt that a Walker would of been here if they had that depth even after trading for Carrasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t think they offer Stroman a QO if they have Wheeler.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I don’t think they offer Stroman a QO if they have Wheeler.
    Nah, with new owner and possibly getting a pick they would of done it for sure.

You can argue that perhaps no Carrasco because going into the season they would have deGrom, Wheeler, Stroman, Peterson and Syndergaard coming back.

Also they clearly did not have Walker high on their list, they just got him as depth when they lost out on Bauer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    It was definitely a Wilpon move but Brodie shouldn’t have made the comments he did. A ******** answer like “we’re more comfortable with the options we have in house” would’ve been far more sufficient.

No doubt he should have taken the high road. It was a bad decision. You could clearly see Wheeler was making significant strides with his command/control and he had the best consistent velocity on the team outside of deGrom and Syndergaard. You dont let an arm like that walk for 118 million dollars but Jeff Wilpon is a cheapskate idiot. Thats why the Mets hedged their bets in acquiring Stroman because they knew they weren't bringing Wheeler back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If Wheeler was here would Walker be here?

Nope.

Zack Scott was really high on Walker.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Zack Wheeler

Zack Scott was really high on Walker.
    deGrom, Wheeler, Stroman, Syndergaard, and Carrasco. Where is the spot for Walker? He would have signed somewhere else. And yes Stroman would be back because not extending him the QO would have been foolish. Getting him for 1 year or getting a draft pick is a win-win situation and it is showing. Walker signed in late February don’t forget.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    deGrom, Wheeler, Stroman, Syndergaard, and Carrasco. Where is the spot for Walker? He would have signed somewhere else. And yes Stroman would be back because not extending him the QO would have been foolish. Getting him for 1 year or getting a draft pick is a win-win situation and it is showing. Walker signed in late February don’t forget.
    Noah is coming off TJ. The Mets FO weren’t counting on him. Fans were.

But you had deGrom, Wheeler, Stroman, Carrasco and Peterson. They even had traded for Luchessi and signed Yamamoto all before signing Walker.

Still getting paid and is still expected to be back at some point.

Again, FO wasn’t counting on him. Hence the Luchesi and Carasco trades.

What’s extra infuriating about the Wilpons letting Wheeler go was the fact that they knew they were going to have to sell soon anyway.

They let the man walk for nothing and they themselves were going to cash out anyway.

The Wilpons should rot. I hope they get Ponzi schemed again and end up like The Duke brothers did.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    What’s extra infuriating about the Wilpons letting Wheeler go was the fact that they knew they were going to have to sell soon anyway.

They let the man walk for nothing and they themselves were going to cash out anyway.

The Wilpons should rot. I hope they get Ponzi schemed again and end up like The Duke brothers did.

Every billionaire should rot.

Maybe some poor people too, like the Wilpon’s.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Again, FO wasn’t counting on him. Hence the Luchesi and Carasco trades.
    No way the FO signs Walker, cmon.

I think i made this point in the GDT thread the other day but deGrom, Stroman, Peterson, Carrasco, Yamamoto, and Lucchesi were all here before Walker.

That doesn’t even mention Matz, who was traded before Walker was signed. I’d argue there’s a good chance that the Mets keep Matz instead of going after Walker.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Every billionaire should rot.

Maybe some poor people too, like the Wilpon’s.

Have you read the system by Robert Reich? Ain’t going to happen anytime soon.

No way the FO signs Walker, cmon.

I think i made this point in the GDT thread the other day but deGrom, Stroman, Peterson, Carrasco, Yamamoto, and Lucchesi were all here before Walker.

That doesn’t even mention Matz, who was traded before Walker was signed. I’d argue there’s a good chance that the Mets keep Matz instead of going after Walker.
    You speaking in absolute, I believe the Mets would have still pursued Bauer if they had Wheeler.

Matz was never going to be a Met this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast