Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gobert DPOY

Gobert DPOY

Discuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per Bodner:

Overall, Simmons finished with 287 total points. Rudy Gobert won it with 464, and Draymond Green finished 3rd with 76

Well deserved.

thats about what was expected after seeing people public votes. Rudy the only player to get a vote from every voter. Rudy now moves into a tie with dwight for 3rd most with 3. needs 1 more to tie for 1st with ben wallace and mutumbo. award only started in 82 or I am sure Bill Russel would have like 10.

When healthy really the only choice

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Gobert is the DPOY without a doubt.

Yup. Nothing to argue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Gobert is the DPOY without a doubt.
    This was the only selection I agreed on. Gobert impact on defense is game changing as he alters how teams play against the Jazz. I had Embiid as runner up as far as centers go.

Congrats on Joker winning MVP but I picked Embiid as his dominanting all around game is better. Congrats to Thibs for winning COTY but I picked Monty cause his on game adjustments and subs will be the key to winning in the playoffs as well as being a respected leader of men. Thibs is just too stubborn when it comes to making adjustments or subs but then again, anyone who can get the Knicks of all teams into the playoffs (which i didn't think could happen) deserves it!

I love Gobert. Old school C who is excelling in the modern era. 3 dpoys in 4 years is hella impressive. Beast!

Good for Rudy! The guy has worked his *** off to become the player he is. Really happy for him. I think, given his age, he could possibly set the record for most DPOY awards. One more and he ties it....at this point I think it's reasonable to assume he gets to 4.

Rudy changes the game by himself like nobody else. He allows his less defensive minded teammates to play looser and more aggressive because they know he's there to wipe out most of their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Good for Rudy! The guy has worked his *** off to become the player he is. Really happy for him. I think, given his age, he could possibly set the record for most DPOY awards. One more and he ties it....at this point I think it's reasonable to assume he gets to 4.
    You wonder if, at a certain point, voters will just get tired of voting for him like they do with MVP sometimes (mainly MJ and Lebron). I think Gobert has officially become the Lebron/MJ of the DPOY award. He could win it any season.

Historically, I wonder where he stacks up to all-time great defensive centers. It's hard to gauge because the eras are so different, but has he joined the ranks of Olajuwon, Russell, Mutombo, Wallace, Robinson, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You wonder if, at a certain point, voters will just get tired of voting for him like they do with MVP sometimes (mainly MJ and Lebron). I think Gobert has officially become the Lebron/MJ of the DPOY award. He could win it any season.

Historically, I wonder where he stacks up to all-time great defensive centers. It's hard to gauge because the eras are so different, but has he joined the ranks of Olajuwon, Russell, Mutombo, Wallace, Robinson, etc.?
    I think he has. He is the one guy who is capable of having a similar effect as those old school anchors. Often the Jazz will let you drive

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

They won't. Only one full time wing has won DPOY in the last 26 years. Kinda like I'm convinced that NFL MVP is just "Best statistical QB"; I'm not convinced that DPOY is just "1st team All-Defensive center".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast