Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think it will mean that teams that make better decisions will have a massive advantage just like it is now.

When smaller market teams re-up questionable "stars" for huge contracts it ruins them for years, and even when they fire their GM and coach (who they pay in full the remainder of their contracts) then they have to send out assets to get rid of their bad contracts from the past.

I don't think it's clear the issues will go one way over the other.
    It will help the teams that make poorer decisions, not the ones who make better decisions. Teams will take more risks, too, knowing that they can just write it off later if they have to and who do you think has more money for these kind of risks? A team like Orlando or a team like GS or Brooklyn?

The Celtics are trading Kemba Walker, the No. 16 overall pick in the 2021 draft and a 2025 second-round draft pick to Oklahoma City for Al Horford, Moses Brown and a 2023 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

-Woj
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    It will help the teams that make poorer decisions, not the ones who make better decisions. Teams will take more risks, too, knowing that they can just write it off later if they have to and who do you think has more money for these kind of risks? A team like Orlando or a team like GS or Brooklyn?
    Yes. I was making two points ... One is that better run teams ALWAYS win more games. The other is that it's not clear than small market teams or large market teams will be helped more since the cap is the cap and teams can't sign the bad deals until they have the space or draft right. To some extent rich owners vs poor owners is always going to be a factor since it's always going to be easier for the guy who sends a private plane filled with expensive "entertainment" to pick up a free agent and throws money around is going to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    The Celtics are trading Kemba Walker, the No. 16 overall pick in the 2021 draft and a 2025 second-round draft pick to Oklahoma City for Al Horford, Moses Brown and a 2023 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

-Woj
    Done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I'd love to see Horford in a Celtics jersey. Get it done, Stevens.
    GET AT ME. I wanted this so badly. Horford will look good in that Celtics uniform and is gonna take that team over the top. Anyone wanna photoshop him into one?
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The best I can think of is to trade him out with a 1st or young player to a team that just wants an asset for a shorter contract.

Kemba+1 for Horford?
    Damn, spot on.....nice!

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Damn, spot on.....nice!
    Iíve hit a couple of these. I was all over a Wall for Westbrook swap. Horford to OKC in the first place too.

I end up being closer on value than most realize [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iíve hit a couple of these. I was all over a Wall for Westbrook swap. Horford to OKC in the first place too.

I end up being closer on value than most realize [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Give me a Ben Simmons trade

Don't know that this thread needs to keep going anymore

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234