Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Assuming Yanks are sellers at deadline.

Assuming Yanks are sellers at deadline who goes? Frazier on the list? Not that he was ever a marque guy with great value, but he does have some tools. His glove has improved dramatically. Chapman? It worked once it could again. Ship him to a contender in need, return could be handsome. If not Chapman maybe Britton? Considering the salaries do they need both? Urshella? Andujar? Voit? Sanchez? Torres?

Who helps the most to maximize return?
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-09-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Either Britton or Chappy would be fine.
    Sanchez would be fine.

I actually try to hold onto the rest unless they are getting something back that has a very high upside.

But Doc, you assumed that they would be sellers. We know how that saying goes and we know how greedy for money the Yankees are.

"We are only 5 out at the break. Gary's getting hot. Miggy is getting hot. Stanton is getting hot... We like our chances in the second half"

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Either Britton or Chappy would be fine.
    Sanchez would be fine.

I actually try to hold onto the rest unless they are getting something back that has a very high upside.

But Doc, you assumed that they would be sellers. We know how that saying goes and we know how greedy for money the Yankees are.

"We are only 5 out at the break. Gary's getting hot. Miggy is getting hot. Stanton is getting hot... We like our chances in the second half"
    True I made an assumption for the purpose of discussion. As I said in the other thread on similar topic, I don't think they need to blow things up. They need a change at the top. They need to be motivated. They need leadership. So imo most urgent to be shipped at deadline...Boone.

Honestly I prefer they were buyers. A solid LH or SH center fielder is a good place to start.

I see one guy i think they should be buyer on either way and thats K. Marte. He plays plus defense in CF,2B and SS, he is also a high contact SH that hit for both power and avg , he's also a plus runner. He would solve the CF issue for us for the next couple yrs till Dominguez, Alcantara or one of the other elite CF prospects can take over. Plus he could give us needed middle infield depth.

Gio and Judge are probably the guys that gets the biggest return but i don't see them trading those guys.

The biggest return in the BP would probably be Loaisiga , but they would be foolish to trade him.

I'm sure we could get really good return for Chapman, Brit or Green

We could probably get a descent return for Luetage and Wandy if he pitches better between now and the deadline.

If they really want to shake things up the could explore trade for Monty and German. Both are in their mid 20's with multiple yr of control left. Both have looked like number 3 or slightly better, they both have ERA's below 4. With Germans being way below at 3.12 ERA.

With that they have coming with Sevy and all the elite arms in our system, German and Monty would have to pitch very well to keep their rotation spots in the next couple yrs. We;ll have Cole, Sevy and Taillon back for next yr with Devi, Schmidt, Gil, Otto, Waldichuk and Medina among other on the door step. Could Taillon and 2 specs handle the 3-5 spots in the rotation? not completely unrealistic

If they trust what they have coming, it might be the time to maximize the value for the starters we do have? or atleast explore what we could get in return

Assuming Yanks are sellers at deadline.

As usual solid arguments from all the posters that usually make excellent points and I find excellent points mostly for selling.
    Iím not saying Iím against selling I remember when we sold off Chappy,Miller, Beltran etc. and believe me I was under the impression that we should have sold off Cano in 2013 as well.
    My problem is, didnít we just do this? Weíre talking about a team with a 200 million dollar payroll selling off 2X within the last what 6-7 years?
    Do you know the only way to make sure youíve killed a snake? You need to cut off its head! Now you fellas I presume can figure out what Iím saying there,we can sell and restock the farm system or get young players who are real close to stepping in, but until we get a change in not only management AND philosophy, itís gonna be,been there done that all over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 06-10-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Kill that snake!!!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    As usual solid arguments from all posters and I find excellent points mostly for selling.
    Iím not saying Iím against selling I remember when we sold off Chappy,Miller, Beltran etc. and believe me I was under the impression that we should have sold off Cano as well.
    My problem is, didnít we just do this? Weíre talking about a team with a 200 million dollar payroll selling off 2X within the last what 6-7 years?
    Do you know the only way to make sure youíve killed a snake? You need to cut off its head! Now you fellas Iím presume can figure out what Iím saying there,we can sell and restock the farm system or get young players who are real close to stepping in, but until we get a change in not only management AND philosophy, itís gonna be,been there done that all over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I absolutely agree it time for a change at the top but realistically how bad would we have to play this season for Hal to move Cashman to another position in the ORG. I'm all for moving on but i think it would take multiple season below .500 to get Cashman out of there. As much as i would like to see it, i don't see Cashman going anywhere this yr.

I absolutely think that Boone needs to go this yr and he needs to take Thames with him. I think after the poor performance last yr and as poorly as they have performed at time this yrs, if we miss the playoffs and finish 4th in the AL East I think Boone will be gone..

So, apparently, Bowden texted Cash about something and Cash replied "we suck but not for long" ... doesn't sound like something a seller would say.

Either way, I got popcorn ready...

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    So, apparently, Bowden texted Cash about something and Cash replied "we suck but not for long" ... doesn't sound like something a seller would say.

Either way, I got popcorn ready...
    Where did you see this? He didn't tweet it, so I'm assuming radio or TV?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Personally, I don't feel like wholesale changes need to be made to the roster, tweaks? most definitely. The team has a lot of talent but clearly not the right mix.

Kluber has shown that a real #2 make a huge difference, imagine a solid Sevy (or the equivalent) at 3. Then you still have quite a lot to choose from for 3-5.

The bullpen is fine, more than fine actually so that just leaves.....

The offense, its mostly there, I'd say 2 or 3 adjustments and it's set.

Really, and this drum has been beaten ad nauseum, is the manager / FO strategy. I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Where did you see this? He didn't tweet it, so I'm assuming radio or TV?

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/stat...-jim-bowden%2F

Link doesn't work but I'll look it up based on the talking Yanks / Yanks go yard thing.

Thanks.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Link doesn't work but I'll look it up based on the talking Yanks / Yanks go yard thing.

Thanks.

Sorry ... 🤦

You find it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Sorry ... [emoji1751]

You find it?
    Yes, thank you.

I think thats probably more to do with believing in what we already have and whats coming back than him implying big trades are coming IMO.

Whatever they do I absolutely believe there is zero chance the go over the 210M, luxury tax threshold because of what they lose if they go the LT.

Being a multi yr offender they would lose either 1m or 1.5M in IFA money. Most yrs that might not be as big of deal, they lost a couple nice specs due to signing Cole a couple yrs ago, this yr its huge because they for sure have a deal for around 4M for the #1 over spec Roderick Arias. He is consider on par talent wise to Dominguez, Franco, Soto, Vlad JR. He a switch hitting SS, with plus or better everything. Lots of scouts that have seen Arias, Franco and Dominguez at the same age, have said they would take Arias over the other 2.. He's supposed to be Dominguez special as SS .

They also have a handshake deal with the number #2 -4 depending where you look, Brandon Mayea who is considered an elite CF spec on both sides of the ball. He's to sign in the 2-3M range

the Yanks have a little over 4.5m in IFA money for this period and can trade for up to 50% more. If they exceed the luxury tax they get fined a 1million they will have no shot to sign Mayea and it may put them i jeopardy of signing Arias. The way i understand it they are as high on Arias as Dominguez so they won't risk missing out on him and they also really like Mayea also.

IMHO as of right now i don't think 1 big move is going to be enough to make this team instant WS contenders. They can get K Marte and not exceed the LT, so that is a move i hope they make or something similar.

If this team gets hot and Sevy, Kluber, Brit and Voit can come back to their normal selves maybe we become buyers but believe Arias is enough of an incentive to stay under the LT

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast