Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blackhawks 2021 Offseason Thread

I expect a pretty busy offseason, but really no idea on the direction.

My main gripe with the team right now is the Toews situation. I get protecting him for awhile, but it has been a year. I think fans deserve some sort of real update, and it's pretty frustrating that we haven't been given one.

Seth Jones?

https://twitter.com/JonathanToews?re...son-plans-play

Finally a Toews announcement. Totally pushed out because of the bad news about the assaults lol.

Happy we finally know something and he's coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JonathanToews?re...son-plans-play

Finally a Toews announcement. Totally pushed out because of the bad news about the assaults lol.

Happy we finally know something and he's coming back.
    Yes. Great news that heís back on the ice and ready to go come October.

We need any good news we can get right now lol

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Roto

Chicago freed up plenty of cap space and could be gearing up for a serious run in the Seth Jones sweepstakes.
    The Blackhawks traded Duncan Keith to Edmonton on Monday and didn't retain any salary in the deal. Chicago is better equipped to present a long-term offer to Jones if the team is able to work out a trade with Columbus. The Blackhawks also acquired Seth's younger brother, Caleb Jones, in the trade with the Oilers for Keith. TSN's Darren Dreger reported in late June that Chicago was eyeing defenders Jones and Dougie Hamilton this offseason.
    Oh boy.. acquiring his brother seems like a precursor.

Either Hamilton or Jones would be great. It sounds like Jones is the preferred target. I'm wondering what a deal for Jones would look like. Jones would be a nice long term option.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Either Hamilton or Jones would be great. It sounds like Jones is the preferred target. I'm wondering what a deal for Jones would look like. Jones would be a nice long term option.
    According to Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek, this is what they think a Seth Jones trade would cost:

https://twitter.com/bn_blackhawks/st...885217286?s=21

If thatís the case, then thatís a **** no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    According to Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek, this is what they think a Seth Jones trade would cost:

Yeah, that deal would be asinine. If that's where the conversation is going then the Hawks need to explore other options.

That has to be a joke..

I think a realistic market starts with a young blueliner like Boqvist(or another one), likely this year's 1st, and a little more be that picks, another player, or a combo. Columbus only has Jones, skill to argue, but it's known he will walk, so I can't see them fleecing a team.

The Blackhawks sure would love to get Jones, but there is no need to overpay either. He's a solid player, but the Hawks don't need to get in a bidding war as we're at a very bare minimum still one season from being potential serious contenders. Likely a playoff team this year.

One team said their expectation is that Jonesí preference is to play in Chicago, Dallas or Florida, although those arenít his only options. Chicago has been mentioned most recently because of the Keith trade Ö.

The Blackhawks may be the front-runner. Guys love playing in Chicago. The concern is whether or not the team is close to real playoff contention, something Jones will have to weigh.
    - via Craig Custance and Dom Luszczyszyn of The Athletic.

Sounds like weíre the favorite to land Seth Jones. Just hope itís nowhere close to what others were saying it would take to land him.

- via Craig Custance and Dom Luszczyszyn of The Athletic.

Sounds like weíre the favorite to land Seth Jones. Just hope itís nowhere close to what others were saying it would take to land him.
    I think itíll be something more like Boqvist, Reichel, and a first. Doubt Dach is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.

Sounds like the Seattle Kraken are choosing to take F John Quenneville from the Blackhawks.

Haven't followed the Hawks very closely of late, I assume Quenneville isn't to much of a loss.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Haven't followed the Hawks very closely of late, I assume Quenneville isn't to much of a loss.
    Nope. Not a loss in my books.

Kraken couldíve taken one of Zadorov, Gaudette and maybe another player or two, but they chose Quenneville.

Thatís a win for the Hawks IMO

Here's our exposed list. Did a real nice job of not really having to expose anything of real high value.

Still, Quenneville is one of the worst of the list. I'm not a big Zadorov fan, but they probably could have flipped him and came out far ahead of getting Q. He basically had no value for us and notably shouldn't have been called up and played in the NHL, but was so he could be exposed.

Ryan Carpenter
    Brett Connolly
    Calvin de Haan
    Collin Delia
    Josh Dickinson
    Adam Gaudette
    Vinnie Hinostroza
    Anton Lindholm
    Brandon Pirri
    John Quenneville
    Zack Smith
    Malcolm Subban