Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Blackhawks “in play” for Marc Andre Fleury???

According to a source, the Blackhawks might still even address other areas of their team. The Blackhawks like how their forward group is shaping up and believe they have enough there to be competitive. They know there is a need for a quality defenseman or two. But they’re also open to addressing their goaltending depth. According to a league source, the Blackhawks could be in play for Vegas Golden Knights goalie Marc-Andre Fleury. With Fleury having just one year left on his contract, the Blackhawks could financially afford his $7 million cap hit if needed. Stay tuned.
    - via Scott Powers of The Athletic

SAY WHAT NOW?

2016 World Series Champions!!!

This report is too vague for me to either be in favor of a move or not. A lot of layers to this report. Skill-wise, Fleury-Lankinen sounds like a solid duo. But seven mil is a steep hit, and based on that factor, it may be better to look elsewhere. Also, I would wonder how much Vegas wants for Fleury. Would we be getting just Fleury or something else more by taking on that deal? Can we still make a run atop blueliner or two? Does Vegas eat some of the contract? From the initial report sounds like no.

If we can still pull off getting blueline help I would be open to the idea. I would much rather add a guy like Seth Jones or someone who is a long term option. I don't see how they could pull off blue line help and Fleury unless Vegas takes on some of the money.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 07-13-2021 at 04:46 PM.