Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rich people shouldn't be brother with contributing to society because they take nothing from the system, like parks, public schools, just the wealth our country generates off labor.

Oh, our navy ensures their product gets from China to our markets.
    If any country tries to nationalize American business within their boundaries, our military will correct that.
    Big business made a boatload of money during the Iraq invasion, while some of our military people collect wounds or lost their lives.

They don't use the government services that we peons use but don't be so dumb to think they don't get service either. They don't buy politicans because they like the way they dress.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Rich people shouldn't be brother with contributing to society because they take nothing from the system, like parks, public schools, just the wealth our country generates off labor.

Oh, our navy ensures their product gets from China to our markets.
    If any country tries to nationalize American business within their boundaries, our military will correct that.
    Big business made a boatload of money during the Iraq invasion, while some of our military people collect wounds or lost their lives.

They don't use the government services that we peons use but don't be so dumb to think they don't get service either. They don't buy politicans because they like the way they dress.
    hey don't use the services they pay for by choice. Doesn't bother me one way or the other.

And what about the Iraq invasion………if the US didn't get rid od Saddam, what would it look like there now.

Unfortunately, as the leading free world superpower we've accepted the responsibility of keeping the world stable. For better or worse, that is just how it is. See how you like it 20-30 (maybe sooner) years from now when the Chinese are telling is what to do and where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    hey don't use the services they pay for by choice. Doesn't bother me one way or the other.
    Oh, now it doesn't matter to you. That sounds like a backtrack.

And what about the Iraq invasion………if the US didn't get rid od Saddam, what would it look like there now.

Unfortunately, as the leading free world superpower we've accepted the responsibility of keeping the world stable. For better or worse, that is just how it is. See how you like it 20-30 (maybe sooner) years from now when the Chinese are telling is what to do and where to go.
    First, most Americans couldn't find Iraq on the map let alone care about what happens there. The Chinese are pushing Tibetian nationalists into internment camps, sterilizing some of them and you care about them, right?
    Where would we be if we didn't invade Iraq over a lie? A whole lot more financially secure than where we are right now.

Stable for our concerns not out of some noble reason to keep the world safe, we can't even keep our streets safe.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

China!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Oh, now it doesn't matter to you. That sounds like a backtrack.

First, most Americans couldn't find Iraq on the map let alone care about what happens there. The Chinese are pushing Tibetian nationalists into internment camps, sterilizing some of them and you care about them, right?
    Where would we be if we didn't invade Iraq over a lie? A whole lot more financially secure than where we are right now.

Stable for our concerns not out of some noble reason to keep the world safe, we can't even keep our streets safe.
    Whatever stabilizes our concerns is good for the planet as a whole.

And if sterilized Tibetans could vote democrats there would be some movement for them.I just bet the dems would love to secure that sterilized Tibetan vote.

This from the professor that probably had a six figure income from a job that he could not be fired from, provided great health care, where there was no need to work up a sweat and paid a pretty hefty pension.

Sounds like you are a fan of the trickle up economy.
    You got one of the five ASSumptions correct (cheer up though; 20% is way better than your average).

Whatever stabilizes our concerns is good for the planet as a whole.

And if sterilized Tibetans could vote democrats there would be some movement for them.I just bet the dems would love to secure that sterilized Tibetan vote.
    I guess this is over since you have moved to the flippant zone. Don't even make sense in context with the discussion. Talk about being self-centered." Whatever stabilizes our concerns is good for the planet as a whole". What does that even mean?

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You got one of the five ASSumptions correct (cheer up though; 20% is way better than your average).
    Damn man, six figures? You are my new best friend for life.

Will Rogers

I guess this is over since you have moved to the flippant zone. Don't even make sense in context with the discussion. Talk about being self-centered." Whatever stabilizes our concerns is good for the planet as a whole". What does that even mean?
    It means that what is good for the US is good for the world.

Sort of like us being one of the first to come out of the Covid crisis……now we can donate vaccines (with no strings attached) to the rest of the world. Like when we had an excess of safety gear…we could ship that to others.

Try rooting for the home team once in a while.

And I'm always in the "flippant zone."

And where did this sterilized Tibetans come from??? I never heard that one. Even the evil US didn't do that to the Japanese 80 years ago. (At least I don't think we did. Who knows.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Oh sure. Only one.

That's kinda a dumb plan really.

How bout this……

National sales tax on everything, and everyone, no exceptions. You pay for what you use. No charitable deductions, no exemptions at all. Pay on food, housing …everything. Say 5% on everything.

Then toss in a an additional sales tax for absurd luxury items that are unnecessary. Say an additional 25% tax on yachts, planes, jewelry, homes over a certain size.

Now you have everyone paying the same on necessities and basic commodities and you can still slam the evil, greedy, miserable, hateful, disgusting rich slime for all their extravagances.

Sounds fair to me.
    What about this?

You pay a certain percentage of income on varying levels of brackets. Everyone in each of those brackets pays a specific percentage on all income within that bracket. As you earn more income and move into higher brackets those marginal dollars get taxed at an increasing rate.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What about this?

You pay a certain percentage of income on varying levels of brackets. Everyone in each of those brackets pays a specific percentage on all income within that bracket. As you earn more income and move into higher brackets those marginal dollars get taxed at an increasing rate.
    So, things shouldn't change: the 1%ers pay a 35‰ bracket and we can trace it down to 1% for the poor. What's your issue?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Getting rid of Saddam was exactly what was needed to free up ISIS and the push to create the Caliphate. But hey, what are a few 100,000s of innocent lives? No skin off our backs. And then of course there is Syria. Also a result. Good fun though. The Russians get to sell and test weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So, things shouldn't change: the 1%ers pay a 35‰ bracket and we can trace it down to 1% for the poor. What's your issue?
    The 1% pays 35% taxes? How often do they change your diapers at the facility? Food good I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Not having a much more robust AMT is what should change. Regardless all the scheming and plotting that rich people do, they should still get stuck with the tax bill so we don't run such high deficits every year.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast