Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sluggo, I never want to hear you gaslight us about how awful the "coastal elites" are or whatever. Anything like that. The GOP exists almost solely to ensure that money flows upwards. And all you do all day is defend the rich and **** on the poor.

You love the elites. And licking their boots baby!!!

I think we need a French Style Revolution. Apparently they didn't execute nobility under the age of 16. That seems like a good rule.

The tax system is just like every other part of government- the very people who benefit most from the system are the people with the power to set it up for their benefit and therefore the last ones willing to give up those benefits.

It's like it used to be said regarding bank loans- the people that can get one are the people who can prove they don't need one.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The tax system is just like every other part of government- the very people who benefit most from the system are the people with the power to set it up for their benefit and therefore the last ones willing to give up those benefits.

It's like it used to be said regarding bank loans- the people that can get one are the people who can prove they don't need one.
    Some would say that the people who benefit the most from the tax system are those that pay zero taxes and get mucho benefits in the form of free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Sluggo, I never want to hear you gaslight us about how awful the "coastal elites" are or whatever. Anything like that. The GOP exists almost solely to ensure that money flows upwards. And all you do all day is defend the rich and **** on the poor.

You love the elites. And licking their boots baby!!!
    Never got a job from a poor person. Never had a poor person give me any business.

The rich seem to be able to do all that.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Do you mean the kind of people who also hail trickle-down when all it really amounts to is getting pissed on by the wealthy?
    This from the professor that probably had a six figure income from a job that he could not be fired from, provided great health care, where there was no need to work up a sweat and paid a pretty hefty pension.

Sounds like you are a fan of the trickle up economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Never got a job from a poor person. Never had a poor person give me any business.

The rich seem to be able to do all that.

Hmmmmmmmm.
    Poor people should be taxed at 100% and the rich should be taxed at 0% and actually get major tax benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Poor people should be taxed at 100% and the rich should be taxed at 0% and actually get major tax benefits.
    That's kinda a dumb plan really.

How bout this……

National sales tax on everything, and everyone, no exceptions. You pay for what you use. No charitable deductions, no exemptions at all. Pay on food, housing …everything. Say 5% on everything.

Then toss in a an additional sales tax for absurd luxury items that are unnecessary. Say an additional 25% tax on yachts, planes, jewelry, homes over a certain size.

Now you have everyone paying the same on necessities and basic commodities and you can still slam the evil, greedy, miserable, hateful, disgusting rich slime for all their extravagances.

Sounds fair to me.

the poor don't pay taxes now
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Some would say that the people who benefit the most from the tax system are those that pay zero taxes and get mucho benefits in the form of free stuff.
    And those people would be wrong
    You're suggesting someone earning below the poverty level and getting rent assistance and food stamps...is benefiting more than the billionaire who barely notices whatever taxes they end up paying?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

We should lower min. wage because it just gets in the way of rich people making more money. Poor people got to stop being self-center and focus on making money for the COMPANY not themselves.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-11-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    And those people would be wrong
    You're suggesting someone earning below the poverty level and getting rent assistance and food stamps...is benefiting more than the billionaire who barely notices whatever taxes they end up paying?
    Look at all the $$$ you pay in taxes that rich people also pay………

Taxes pay for schools……rich people ignore this and pay for private schools
    Taxes pay for parks, beaches etc……rich people would't be caught dead in a public park or beach
    Taxes pay for local transit……rich people never use it
    Taxes pay for police and fire……rich people have little use for them

etc. etc.
    Granted it is all by choice, but in many ways the rich more than pay their way,

Oh, and they create jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    We should lower min. wage because it just gets in the way of rich people making more money. Poor people got to stop being self-center and focus on making money for the COMPANY.
    At the risk of repeating myself………

How bout this……

National sales tax on everything, and everyone, no exceptions. You pay for what you use. No charitable deductions, no exemptions at all. Pay on food, housing …everything. Say 5% on everything.

Then toss in a an additional sales tax for absurd luxury items that are unnecessary. Say an additional 25% tax on yachts, planes, jewelry, homes over a certain size.

Now you have everyone paying the same on necessities and basic commodities and you can still slam the evil, greedy, miserable, hateful, disgusting rich slime for all their extravagances.

Sounds fair to me.

Look at all the $$$ you pay in taxes that rich people also pay………

Taxes pay for schools……rich people ignore this and pay for private schools
    Taxes pay for parks, beaches etc……rich people would't be caught dead in a public park or beach
    Taxes pay for local transit……rich people never use it
    Taxes pay for police and fire……rich people have little use for them

etc. etc.
    Granted it is all by choice, but in many ways the rich more than pay their way,

Oh, and they create jobs.

I knew that last one was coming.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

At the risk of repeating myself………

How bout this……

Sounds fair to me.
    Considering all the dumb things you are saying, I felt left out and wanted to contribute.

Will Rogers

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast