Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    I love the internet, everything is right there at your fingertips. Don't have to wait to go to the library, search thru the card catalogue to refute people bs.
    '
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well, in Illinois we had both republicans and democrat governors convicted for corruption. Look up American federal politicians convicted of crimes for a start. It happens enough to make one wonder about deals between big business and politicians.
    Well great. In Illinois ya gots em.

Is there any indication they NY/NYC leaders were corupt in the Amazon deal. I haven'r heard anything. Of course, I don't read the comic books that AOC reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I am going to assume that anyone that has no experience in politics and comes into an elected position and in a short space of time kills 20,000 jobs in her community is wrong. A community that is not exactly rolling in dough.

Think about it. They would be happy to get any jobs.

Try asking an elected official in your community how he or she would feel about some inexperienced new kid getting elected locally and costing your area a large amount of jobs.

Economies…regardless (or irregardless in NJ) of size grow or decline based on jobs.
    Apparently they were happy with her saying no to Amazon because they re-elected her.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Apparently they were happy with her saying no to Amazon because they re-elected her.
    Oh yes. I am sure that her constituents thoroughly understood what happened.

Oh yes. I am sure that her constituents thoroughly understood what happened.
    If only you were there to give them your patented bootstraps speech, maybe on a street corner with a bullhorn they'd see the light.

If only you were there to give them your patented bootstraps speech, maybe on a street corner with a bullhorn they'd see the light.
    I don't believe I ever made a "patented bootstraps speech." It's one of those things that get attributed to me even though I never said it……a common occurrence here. (Like saying that I approved internment camps 80 years ago. I never said that either.)

That's not to say that I don't believe in the theory……it's just that I never really said it.

I do admit to saying something about succeeding on your own by taking advantage of the opportunities that come your way.

And I did day "waiting for supper." (pause here for laughter.)

Wouldn't have taken all that much time, since very few of her devoted constituents actually voted for her.

Were you aware of that??? Were you aware that out of 400+ House races she had one of the lowest number of votes out of all of them. You were aware of that, right???

Her peeps love her so much that the couldn't get out of bed to vote for her.

Please don't suggest he do something that will get his arse whipped on a public street.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I don't believe I ever made a "patented bootstraps speech." It's one of those things that get attributed to me even though I never said it……a common occurrence here. (Like saying that I approved internment camps 80 years ago. I never said that either.)

That's not to say that I don't believe in the theory……it's just that I never really said it.

I do admit to saying something about succeeding on your own by taking advantage of the opportunities that come your way.

Delusional to your rants, amazing.

Will Rogers

You don't believe a lot of things that are true. Your bootstrap speeches are legendary around here.

Delusional to your rants, amazing.
    Proof please. Not expected.

Proof please. Not expected.
    Damn right, I am not going to search thru countless bs post of yours to find those nuggets. The whole forum knows about your bootstrap rants.

Oh, that right we all got together to make this up.

Will Rogers

Damn right, I am not going to search thru countless bs post of yours to find those nuggets. The whole forum knows about your bootstrap rants.

The left does show strong Group Think
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Just yesterday.

The problem is is that you are taking societal failures and blaming it on the rich. People need to take responsibility for themselves and not keep blamng others for their failures….

Poverty Rates have gone up………

1. don't have children that you cannot afford

2. get your self educated (education is free in the US [you do know that, right]),

3. maintain a strong family unit

College grads leaving school with massive educational debt……stop wasting time on stupid degrees that you will have to pay for and never use; get skills that people actually want

More stressful time to establish yourself……make yourself employable, ask the simple quesation……would you hire you??..

And still no reason as to why you brought up Ivanka commenting on an article that did not mention her.

I may be the "Squire of Amazon" but you are certyainly the king of diversions.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast