Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Funny, I didn't see any mention of Ivanka in that story about Amazon.

Obsessed much???
    Hope you get that court fool position in lord Bezos' court, you deserve it, squire Sluggo. Defender of the Realem.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-15-2021 at 11:58 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Hope you get that court fool position in lord Bezos' court, you deserve it, squire Sluggo. Defender of the Realem.
    OK great!!! I'm an Amazon Squire.

But the point that you ignored was that you dragged Ivanka into the conversation when there was no mention of her in the post pertaininbg to Amazon. I guess I was just wondering why and you chose not to answer.

Sooooo………

Not having 20,000 jobs at all is a better alternative to having those jobs and maybe some of them being lost in a few years???? (others wold have to fill those jobs.)

Just a thought here but if you were hired by Amazon (or any company) and were able to show that you had real value to the firm, you would not be let go. Others might, but real producers would not. Companies do not toss out valued employees. It is up to the employee to show that they have value

And even those that may be released……they at least have a valued line of experiwence to add to their resume as opposed to: 2018___2020 living ion umnemployent
    LOL.

AOC was astute enough to see all of this from the get
    Not the details, but like many of us, she knew what kind of character she was dealing with in Jeff Bezos.

I'm not supporting Amazon's employment policy.
    Are you kidding? Of course you are. See LOL above.

If all this is true, it stinks. But it is not as cut and dry as the writer would make it sound.
    It is not? Evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    LOL.

Not the details, but like many of us, she knew what kind of character she was dealing with in Jeff Bezos.

Are you kidding? Of course you are. See LOL above.

It is not? Evidence?
    Bolded 1……… lololololololololololololol. It would not surprise me if this moron didn't even knew who Bezos was before she was instructed what to do about the Amazon deal. AOC turns dow 20,000 jobs … some of which would have lead to something better……so she can insure that her constituency will flip burgers or deliver pizza or stay at home eating Cheetos for the rest of their lives. Good move.

Bolded 2……… Evidence??? No. Opinion??? Yes. Just like the article is an opinion.

Give him time to check the outbox in his arse for answers.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Bolded 1……… lololololololololololololol. It would not surprise me if this moron didn't even knew who Bezos was before she was instructed what to do about the Amazon deal. AOC turns dow 20,000 jobs … some of which would have lead to something better……so she can insure that her constituency will flip burgers or deliver pizza or stay at home eating Cheetos for the rest of their lives. Good move.

Bolded 2……… Evidence??? No. Opinion??? Yes. Just like the article is an opinion.
    You think that’s all her constituency does?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    One poster called it the new feudalism. That is wrong. Under feudalism, at least the Lord of the Manor had implicit but clear obligations to protect the serfs.

Not so in the new world of shag-the-laborer capitalism of Amazon. Ms Ocasio-Cortez gets even more respect for standing up to this monstrosity.

In his drive to create the world’s most efficient company, Jeff Bezos discovered what he thought was another inefficiency worth eliminating: hourly employees who spent years working for the same company.

Longtime employees expected to receive raises. They also became less enthusiastic about the work, Amazon’s data suggested. And they were a potential source of internal discontent.

Bezos came to believe that an entrenched blue-collar work force represented “a march to mediocrity,” as David Niekerk, a former Amazon executive who built the company’s warehouse human resources operations, told The Times, as part of an investigative project being published this morning. “What he would say is that our nature as humans is to expend as little energy as possible to get what we want or need.”

In response, Amazon encouraged employee turnover. After three years on the job, hourly workers no longer received automatic raises, and the company offered bonuses to people who quit. It also offered limited upward mobility for hourly workers, preferring to hire managers from the outside.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...7660ea25319dc3
    I don't think lord Bezos or lady Michelle would care for this post.

Wow! That was easy.

That didn't take long. It is a common scam by big business to do what Amazon did to NYC, so even if she didn't know Bezos, she knew the game. Sears did the same thing in Chicago and got away with it and the people in Chicago got a fraction of the jobs that were promised. It is a common scam.

Just because you are boo-boo the fool, that doesn't mean the rest of us have to play along.

Will Rogers

I don't think lord Bezos or lady Michelle would care for this post.

Wow! That was easy.
    lord Bezos' court fool has spoken, so shall it be.

Will Rogers

That didn't take long. It is a common scam by big business to do what Amazon did to NYC, so even if she didn't know Bezos, she knew the game. Sears did the same thing in Chicago and got away with it and the people in Chicago got a fraction of the jobs that were promised. It is a common scam.

Just because you are boo-boo the fool, that doesn't mean the rest of us have to play along.
    Wow! You and AOC know so much more than all these cities that give out these deals to bring business in.

Governors and mayors that have unlimited professional assets at their disposal to calculate every possible angle of these deals know less about what they are doing than some bartender that can't get a job in her field and you.

Makes sense to me.

…………

And just to clarify (as if this means anything here)……if it were up to me, I would eliminate all of these tax giveaway to big corporations. However, since that is never going to happen, communities, cities, states have to compete in the arena as it stands and make these deals. AOC understands none of the details of the Amazon deal, nor do you, nor do I.

All she sees is "fightin' for the common man and stickin' it to the big guy." Sounds great. At the end of all this, the common man is still common (and just as poor) and the "big guy" moves on to more pleasant waters.

All I see is jobs, jobs, jobs and what jobs, jobs, jobs lead to……self respect, opportunity for growth, income, community expansion.

So unless someone can show me corruption and paybacks and graft to the powers that be in NY/NYC……I will assume they knew what the were doing and will go with jobs, jobs, jobs any day of the week.

But that's me.

Wow! You and AOC know so much more than all these cities that give out these deals to bring business in.

Governors and mayors that have unlimited professional assets at their disposal to calculate every possible angle of these deals know less about what they are doing than some bartender that can't get a job in her field and you.

Makes sense to me.

…………

And just to clarify (as if this means anything here)……if it were up to me, I would eliminate all of these tax giveaway to big corporations. However, since that is never going to happen, communities, cities, states have to compete in the arena as it stands and make these deals. AOC understands none of the details of the Amazon deal, nor do you, nor do I.

All she sees is "fightin' for the common man and stickin' it to the big guy." Sounds great. At the end of all this, the common man is still common (and just as poor) and the "big guy" moves on to more pleasant waters.

All I see is jobs, jobs, jobs and what jobs, jobs, jobs lead to……self respect, opportunity for growth, income, community expansion.

So unless someone can show me corruption and paybacks and graft to the powers that be in NY/NYC……I will assume they knew what the were doing and will go with jobs, jobs, jobs any day of the week.

But that's me.
    Wow! You going to assume she is wrong and they are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

OK great!!! I'm an Amazon Squire.

But the point that you ignored was that you dragged Ivanka into the conversation when there was no mention of her in the post pertaininbg to Amazon. I guess I was just wondering why and you chose not to answer.
    Please send my apologies to lady Ivanka, I was wrong. Your fealty to her tainted family name is admirable good squire Sluggo.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Wow! You going to assume she is wrong and they are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am going to assume that anyone that has no experience in politics and comes into an elected position and in a short space of time kills 20,000 jobs in her community is wrong. A community that is not exactly rolling in dough.

Think about it. They would be happy to get any jobs.

Try asking an elected official in your community how he or she would feel about some inexperienced new kid getting elected locally and costing your area a large amount of jobs.

Economies…regardless (or irregardless in NJ) of size grow or decline based on jobs.
    Last edited by Sluggo1; 06-15-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Please send my apologies to lady Ivanka, I was wrong. Your fealty to her tainted family name is admirable good squire Sluggo.
    I have no "fealty" (just take a history course recently??? What's with the silly feudal terms????) to Ivanka or her daddy one way or the other.

I was just curious why you threw her into an article in which she was not mentioned.

Still curious.

You refuse or can't give an answer as to why.

TDS lives.

Makes sense to me.

…………

But that's me.
    Well, in Illinois we had both republicans and democrat governors convicted for corruption. Look up American federal politicians convicted of crimes for a start. It happens enough to make one wonder about deals between big business and politicians.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-15-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Will Rogers

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast