Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Could we compare what the wealthiest 400 pay in relation to the poorest 400? What a stupid stat you posted.
    I haven’t crunched the numbers and went on to do the polls but I’m pretty sure the poorest 400 make no money at all. 0% of $0 is $0. And then you have the nerve to say it’s a stupid stat.

Could we compare what the wealthiest 400 pay in relation to the poorest 400? What a stupid stat you posted.
    Well now we know the answer to my question of who supports the wealthy paying less of their income than the middle class…

Why compare it to the poorest when the point is they shouldn’t be paying less than the middle class? If they paid more than the poorest, would that make it OK that they pay less than the middle class?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I haven’t crunched the numbers and went on to do the polls but I’m pretty sure the poorest 400 make no money at all. 0% of $0 is $0. And then you have the nerve to say it’s a stupid stat.
    It’s also irrelevant. Whether the poor pay 0% or 100% of their income, the wealthy paying less of their income than the middle class is still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It’s also irrelevant. Whether the poor pay 0% or 100% of their income, the wealthy paying less of their income than the middle class is still wrong.
    Certainly. The mental gymnastics that some of these guys goes to are just insane and comical. And then they want to be taken seriously on any issue.

You could. What’s your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The “it’s not fair” group has strange soft spot for the super rich

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The “it’s not fair” group has strange soft spot for the super rich

What's amazing is its completely antithetical to the debt ceiling we continue to raise, the inflation we're worried about, and the trillions of dollars in spending we do every calendar year. Yet, here we are not closing tax loopholes for the rich, giving them tax breaks, having the lowest capital gains taxes in decades (yes i'm aware capital gain taxes apply to the middle class as well), etc. You can raise that capital gains tax for those in certain income brackets.

All so Jeff Bezos can put on another space suit at some point.

The rich absolutely should be paying more taxes. Whether that's a wealth tax, consumption tax, etc.

Its funny because a lot of millionaires actually agree with that sentiment as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/09/many...e-america.html
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-25-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Well now we know the answer to my question of who supports the wealthy paying less of their income than the middle class…

Why compare it to the poorest when the point is they shouldn’t be paying less than the middle class? If they paid more than the poorest, would that make it OK that they pay less than the middle class?
    Nah man. It's a stupid and flawed way to go about that point. They compared the wealthiest 400 to EVERYONE else. Absolute nonsense.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Nah man. It's a stupid and flawed way to go about that point. They compared the wealthiest 400 to EVERYONE else. Absolute nonsense.
    There is no way to go about the point you wouldn’t believe is flawed because what you really believe is flawed is the idea that the rich paying less than everyone else is wrong.

That being said, I have no idea why that is a flawed comparison. Not to mention the average tax rate includes all the poor who pay nothing so if anything the middle classes tax rate is higher than the 14.3%…

Let me ask you: do you believe the wealthiest pay less in income taxes than the middle class and if so, do you think that’s wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What's amazing is its completely antithetical to the debt ceiling we continue to raise, the inflation we're worried about, and the trillions of dollars in spending we do every calendar year. Yet, here we are not closing tax loopholes for the rich, giving them tax breaks, having the lowest capital gains taxes in decades (yes i'm aware capital gain taxes apply to the middle class as well), etc. You can raise that capital gains tax for those in certain income brackets.

All so Jeff Bezos can put on another space suit at some point.

The rich absolutely should be paying more taxes. Whether that's a wealth tax, consumption tax, etc.

Its funny because a lot of millionaires actually agree with that sentiment as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/09/many...e-america.html
    They could pay more, they choose not to.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    They could pay more, they choose not to.
    They're not the ones setting up the rules. You have state and federal government protecting their interests though. Mainly because of lobbying and because certain politicians fall into those income brackets.

They're not the ones setting up the rules. You have state and federal government protecting their interests though. Mainly because of lobbying and because certain politicians fall into those income brackets.
    They could, if they wished, pay additional taxes to the government. I do not blame them for choosing not to, however. I pay what I owe and don't care to pay anything more than I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    They could, if they wished, pay additional taxes to the government. I do not blame them for choosing not to, however. I pay what I owe and don't care to pay anything more than I need to.
    catman is correct. they choose not to pay more. Them wanting to pay more is nothing but theater.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    catman is correct. they choose not to pay more. Them wanting to pay more is nothing but theater.
    How do you know the ones who agree with that sentiment aren't paying more taxes? Are we just supposed to take your word for it that they are not? It doesn't change the fact that the tax system structure in this country needs significant work either.

Bottom line: The government is in the toilet money wise and they continue to increase the defense budget. If they don't raise taxes on those most able to bear it's burden, they have to cut social services and programs during a pandemic and inflation.

Since the system is set up to protect the status quo and it's wealth, I don't see this ending well. We even have middle class posters here defending the right of the wealthy to continue to suck up the wealth of this country.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-27-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast