Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And The Rich Get Richer — With a Little Help from Their Friends…

We tax labor (people actually working) but not wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

We tax labor (people actually working) but not wealth.
    So the guys with all the wealth didn't work??? I didn't know that.

Regardless (or irregardless for those in NJ)……leave the final wealth alone, close the silly loopholes. And add a national sales tax on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So the guys with all the wealth didn't work??? I didn't know that.

Regardless (or irregardless for those in NJ)……leave the final wealth alone, close the silly loopholes. And add a national sales tax on everything.
    I find it funny that we are willing to ask kids to die for this country, but oh no don't ask the wealthy to give up a little of their wealth to ease the national debt. Yes, just add another tax on the workers, that is so much better.

These guys are so rich that their wealth earns money.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I find it funny that we are willing to ask kids to die for this country, but oh no don't ask the wealthy to give up a little of their wealth to ease the national debt. Yes, just add another tax on the workers, that is so much better.

These guys are so rich that their wealth earns money.
    Well, everyone's wealth earns $$$.

I don't think we could live off the "wealth" our bank account makes or be a total loser and still be able to buy a yacht. Being wealthy has its own advantage. Not saying that we should tax their wealth because of who they are but because they are less likely to be hurt by increasing their taxes. Raising taxes on all hurt a lot of working poor and the middle class who are struggling right now.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-09-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Do you think their % of taxes on their income should be less than the middle class?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you think their % of taxes on their income should be less than the middle class?
    I think the loopholes should be closed if not eliminated.

And that will not change and neither party will address this issue. Trump brags, after his tax cut was pass, to his rich club members that he saves them money while Biden told his donors nothing will change. Don't you just love bi-partisanship?

The sad thing about it, congress would rather cut social programs before even thinking about taxing these people, some even got a coronavirus relief check. A year after Trump's tax cut was passed, the Republicans were pushing to make those cuts.

Will Rogers

Perhaps Liz was right? That wealth tax is a good idea.

This news is in conjunction with Republican’s opposition to a minimum 15% tax on corporations. Clearly, many are comfortable with the rich paying far less as a % on their income than the rest of us.

This news is in conjunction with Republican’s opposition to a minimum 15% tax on corporations. Clearly, many are comfortable with the rich paying far less as a % on their income than the rest of us.
    And, again, what do they do with the $$$$??? Just sit there and look ar it or move it into other projects???

And, again, what do they do with the $$$$??? Just sit there and look ar it or move it into other projects???
    Sounds like you are one of the people I’m referring to.

Sounds like you are one of the people I’m referring to.
    Do you mean the kind of people who also hail trickle-down when all it really amounts to is getting pissed on by the wealthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Do you mean the kind of people who also hail trickle-down when all it really amounts to is getting pissed on by the wealthy?
    This from the professor that probably had a six figure income from a job that he could not be fired from, provided great health care, where there was no need to work up a sweat and paid a pretty hefty pension.

Sounds like you are a fan of the trickle up economy.

And The Rich Get Richer — With a Little Help from Their Friends…

they turn it into the best dreams for all society

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-10-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast