Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 151 to 159 of 159
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Connect what dots????

    Poster accuses me of using the "up from the bootstraps" phrase in an effort to prove I am old (I am) and out of touch (not by a long shot). I ask to show me where I said that and no one can.

    So your response is "connect the dots." Brilliant.

    Failed again. What a clown.
    Too bad the goalposts are not moving for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If only you were there to give them your patented bootstraps speech, maybe on a street corner with a bullhorn they'd see the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I don't believe I ever made a "patented bootstraps speech." It's one of those things that get attributed to me even though I never said it……a common occurrence here. (Like saying that I approved internment camps 80 years ago. I never said that either.)
    Your quotation marks were there simply because you were directly quoting Valade16, whose figurative reference was the starting point of this segment (and was not in quotation marks).

    Keep pushing them goalposts for if at first you don’t succeed…

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Connect what dots????

    Poster accuses me of using the "up from the bootstraps" phrase in an effort to prove I am old (I am) and out of touch (not by a long shot). I ask to show me where I said that and no one can.

    So your response is "connect the dots." Brilliant.

    Failed again. What a clown.

    And I admit to using the word "supper."
    No I did not. I accused you of giving a bootstraps speech, not using that specific term. You give a variation of the same speech on here all the time.

    I'm surprised you haven't saved yourself the time and just written it down in a word document to copy and paste as needed.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No I did not. I accused you of giving a bootstraps speech, not using that specific term. You give a variation of the same speech on here all the time.

    I'm surprised you haven't saved yourself the time and just written it down in a word document to copy and paste as needed.
    I save the copy n paste for spiels about "supper."

    And, by the way, taking advantage of opportunities to make it on your own………true-ism. You may want to copy n paste that. Maybe make a sign for you little bulletin board. You can put it right on top of that nugget from BO where he says you didn't do that on your own.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Too bad the goalposts are not moving for you.



    Your quotation marks were there simply because you were directly quoting Valade16, whose figurative reference was the starting point of this segment (and was not in quotation marks).

    Keep pushing them goalposts for if at first you don’t succeed…
    You talking about succeeding……need to give that some thought.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I save the copy n paste for spiels about "supper."

    And, by the way, taking advantage of opportunities to make it on your own………true-ism. You may want to copy n paste that. Maybe make a sign for you little bulletin board. You can put it right on top of that nugget from BO where he says you didn't do that on your own.
    I'll just have someone else do it and then claim I did it on my own.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,309
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...161610901.html

    Keep wondering why people refuse to work for **** pay and long hours while this type of wealth gap grows.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,019
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...161610901.html

    Keep wondering why people refuse to work for **** pay and long hours while this type of wealth gap grows.
    And what all these rich defenders don’t understand is this economic model is not sustainable. It’s not sustainable to have all the wealth congregated among the few while everyone else is poor.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,893
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And what all these rich defenders don’t understand is this economic model is not sustainable. It’s not sustainable to have all the wealth congregated among the few while everyone else is poor.
    Looking forward to Sluggo’s old canard of a response: “Yeah, but what do you think the rich do with their money?”

    Besides move it offshore? Not much.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,820
    The system is set up to funnel the money to the top, something that has been strength over the last few decades. You will never have this played up in the media or address on the congressional dockets. Lock-in and protected by both, even if the system destroys the country.

    What is unnerving is this wage inequality has gotten to a point where a large portion of society can't afford to own the roof over their heads or afford rent in some cities. Places like Walmart educating their workers on how to obtain federal assistance. That is where it is going, the working poor, lower middle class won't be able to live without federal assistance.

    If we continue to shatter people's American dream to have something of their own, then they will start wondering what is the use in believing in bs that only benefit a few?

    Why not, if it allows Bezos and his peers to built and ride their own space ships.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-31-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •