Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Jalen Phillips might have accidentally leaked that Jesse Davis is the starting RT as of right now. He was asked about competing against Jackson, and said that heís also having fun competing against Jesse on the other side as well as the guys up front.

I know itís been said that Eichenberg is playing RT so Iím curious if this is just what theyíre doing while Eichenberg catches up.

Day 3:

Tua continued another sharp day. Had an INT on a tipped pass in the red zone, but had multiple deep passes and multiple TDs. Again, havenít gotten into extensive 11v11 and weíre missing X and at a small part missed Jones today, but heís continuing the aggressiveness without his top two targets.

Waddle had another good day along with Wilson, those two are working perfectly with Tua. Robert Foster had the big day for the backups, catching multiple deep passes. Although Jakeem Grant did play well and got open consistently. Still disappointed at how little LBJ has done.

Jaelen Phillips continues to look natural at LB and continues to generate pressure. Although he did miss the final few minutes of practice, so injury is a concern. Dline looks good so far. Wilkins has been popping up quite a bit.

Holland and McCourtey are fighting for the FS spot confirmed.

Nothing else really to talk about. Again, theyíre heavily focusing on install still, and media canít report on a lot.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 07-30-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Per team source, an injury issue has surfaced with Dolphins offensive lineman DJ Fluker. He's expected back to practice at some point in August.
    Meniscus for Fluker. 3-4 weeks expected to return.

Since fans are at practice today, media can finally report starters. Most of camp itís been Jackson-Kindley-Dieter-Hunt-Eichenberg. Dieter has been the starter most of camp with Skura in at times. Eichenberg has already popped around today to LG and LT(Iím assuming on 2nd team) with Davis filling in at RT when he moves.

I feel like whoever the loser is at RT moves to LG. Dieter is interesting at C. Kindley is apparently even getting some 3rd team snaps. Heís got good movement skills, but itís hard to get the memory of 2019 out of my head where he just wasnít good. Theyíll mix and match until people start to settle in.

Noah has of course been the starter next to Jones. Heís been alright but heís also a big reason why the offense has been able to score so many deep balls.

McCourtey has been the starter at FS in base while Holland is getting worked in. I would imagine they play it safe on that role and let Holland slowly learn. If X gets traded you canít have both Noah playing with a rookie FS. Need someone to play it safe in case he gives up a big play.

Wilson and Waddle are the starters with Parker and Fuller out.

Wilkins seems to be getting snaps on 2nd team most of the week. Starting Dline is Sieler-Davis-Ogbah
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 07-31-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Fuller is hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Fuller is hurt?
    Got hurt at the end of the first practice. Theyíre saying heís day to day with a foot.

Geiscki missed practice today as well, so Tua was without him, Parker, Williams, and Fuller. The team also sat Jaelen Phillips with a leg problem and he is day to day.

Howard did some slight work today but he only played about half of the time as he got ďramped upĒ according to Flo.

Jesse Davis also stopped practicing halfway through but apparently thatís been normal this so far.

If Iím being optimistic, the staff is taking the cautious approach considering theyíll be getting two weeks of course practice in preseason and the extra regular season game.

Day 4:

Tua had arguably his best day yet. Did get picked early by Perry in 3v3 drills, but responded with consistently attacking. Had another big play to Wilson where he threw it perfectly out of reach of Jones over the middle. It was about a 25 yard throw that Wilson turned into a 75 yard TD. Itís available on their social media and itís worth a watch. A few have commented that heís holding onto the ball too long but itís practice and you want him being aggressive. You can see how comfortable he is compared to last year.

Wilson is easily the biggest story of camp. Robert Foster has probably been the second most notable guy and is fighting for the final spot. Grant played well but is clearly the 5th option at best. LBJ is almost non-existent. Last year UDFA Kirk Merritt has also been making some plays.

McKinney and Baker played well in run gap practice. Baker also ate up quite a few screen plays/dump offs.

Like I mentioned before, Noah has been on and off all week. Apparently Needham replaced him at the outside spot later in practice with Coleman at slot.

Larnel Coleman filled in for Davis at RT after he left. Doesnít seem like Davis is hurt and theyíre instead resting him a bit/seeing young guys.

Holland dropped what would have been an INT by Tua in the red zone. Scramble drill and Tua tried fitting it into a spot.

Brenan Scarlett and Vince Biegel both generated a lot of pressure today.

I continue to be worried about the secondary and Oline.

Great news for Tua. TC doesn't really start until pads come on, at least imo. I still think Tua shuts down all the haters this year.

The secondary is going to be a worry without X. But this is what we would see if X is traded, or if he was hypothetically injured during the season. Our WRs are now quick and fast, and you would expect a lot of DBs to have trouble with our WRs. I'm not surprised our WRs are winning a lot more without pads.

Wilson is back! Remember him pre-injury? This is it. Love it. He's locked up WR4 for sure. Foster is another guy that will make it hard on this staff to try and practice squad him. Someone would scoop him. Grant and Hurns are the odd men out so far.

Special note, I got to meet Wilkins when he came back home up here in Springfield, MA for a football camp. I remember I was the only guy in here pounding the desk to draft him lol. Definitely no homerism for me in the choice lol.

Godsey, who is vaccinated, tested positive for Covid 19 and has been sent home. Studesville will take over play calling the rest of the week (theyíve been splitting play calling so far) and there may be a few TEs who get put on the covid 19 list as close contacts.

Depending on vaccinations they may not be on the list for long. Iím not sure entirely how it works but I know if youíre vaccinated and get put on the list you can come back much sooner.

Cethan Carter, Mike Gesicki and Adam Shaheen on the reserve/COVID-19 list due to that I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Cethan Carter, Mike Gesicki and Adam Shaheen on the reserve/COVID-19 list due to that I assume.
    I know Shaheen is unvaccinated, as his Twitter bio so elegantly puts it, so he has a chance to miss some time.

If you are vaccinated you do not need to be quarantined for a close contact unless you test positive.

From what Iím seeing, these guys have to miss 10 days minimum if they are unvaccinated.

**** sucks, but if weíre trying to find a positive it gives Long more opportunities to grow.

Edit: Geiscki seems to be vaccinated as a new rule change prevents non-vaccinated players from doing interviews without a mask.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 08-01-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Per Fan Nation: Highlights, lowlights and observations for the fifth practice (day 7) of Miami Dolphins training camp:

-- Good news right away: Wide receiver DeVante Parker practicing for the first time in camp. His participation was limited.

-- Practice featured officials for the first time this camp.

-- Two new tight ends on the roster with Mike Gesicki, Cethan Carter and Adam Shaheen on the Reserve/COVID-19 list ó Kalif Jackson and Sal Cannella.

-- The first offense-vs.-defense drill features the ball placed at the 6-yard line heading into the end zone with three receivers and three defenders, and the highlight of the drill is a pretty Tua Tagovailoa throw to Jakeem Grant in the corner of the end zone right over a defender.

-- Jaylen Waddle, Jakeem Grant and Malcolm Perry took turns fielding punts.

-- New punter Michael Palardy had a great period with one booming kick after another.

-- Tua had a nice downfield completion to rookie tight end Hunter Long in a 7-on-7 drill.

-- CB Terrell Bonds had a pass breakup on a downfield pass by Jacoby Brissett that was thrown slightly behind Allen Hurns.

-- Safety Clayton Fejedelem had a pick-six when Lynn Bowden Jr. bobbled a low throw by Brissett in the flat as he was going to the ground.

-- Reid Sinnett had a beautiful throw to Malcolm Perry on a crossing route.

-- On the next play, Tua hit Mack Hollins downfield on a nice timing throw.

-- Running back Salvon Ahmed went down after catching a pass from Brissett and limped off to the sideline, though he remained on the field. Ahmed later went to the stationary bike and later inside the practice facility.

-- On the first play of 11-on-11, Tua threw a short floater to Jaylen Waddle in the flat and the second play was a similar throw to Albert Wilson.

-- -- Tua threw a pretty pass down the middle of the field to Waddle on the third play.

-- On his second set of plays in the 11-on-11, Tagovailoa had a nice throw to his left to Wilson through a couple of defenders.

-- A loud chant of "We love Howard!" erupted into the stands in the middle of the 11-on-11 drill. It referred, of course, to Xavien Howard.

-- On the first play of a red-zone 11-on-11 drill, the pocket collapsed around Tua very quickly and on the second he couldn't find a receiver.

-- On the third play, though, Tua connected with Mack Hollins for a touchdown of 11 yards, with Noah Igbinoghene in coverage.

-- On a play when the defense (Vince Biegel and Duke Riley) was offside, Brissett threw a touchdown pass to Robert Foster.

-- Cornerback Byron Jones did not take part in any of the team drills, likely to get a look at other players.

-- The first-team offensive line was the same as Saturday: Austin Jackson at left tackle, Liam Eichenberg at left guard, Michael Deiter at center, Rob Hunt at right guard and Jesse Davis at right tackle.

-- Andrew Van Ginkel got great pressure on Tua and forced him out of the pocket.

-- Rookie Jevon Holland had a nice leaping breakup on what appeared to be a nice fade from Brissett to Chris Myarick.

-- Allen Hurns did a nice toe tap to catch a Brissett pass in the back of the end zone.

-- Jason Sanders was 6-for-6 on field goal attempts, including a long of 51 yards.

-- One play after Sinnett had a nice downfield completion to Kirk Merritt, Jordan Scarlett dropped a pass in the flat.

-- Trill Williams intercepted Brissett in 11-on-11 after the pass went right through the hands of fellow rookie Carl Tucker.

-- Cornerback Cre'Von LeBlanc was flagged for pass interference on a long Brissett pass intended for Foster.

A few other notes from what Iíve read:

Kindley continued to play on 3rd string. Eichenberg was the starting LG today. Reports are that the team is split on where they think heís best. Itíll be a real disappointment to me if after taking three guys in the top 50 that Davis is still blocking Tuaís blindside.

Speaking of Davis, Flo mentioned he was on a modified practice schedule as are a few others.

That throw to Grant in the red zone was perfect. Thereís a video on social that shows it just over Jones finger tips, which is now twice that Tua did that to him (the big play to Wilson on Saturday was again just past him).

Apparently the Brazilian dude weíve had on the team for two years is taking snaps over Kindley.

At one point Justin Coleman and Nik Needham were the starting CBs(although Jones might be on that modified schedule).

Omar had the big tweet of the day, saying Tua is further along than any 2nd year QB heís ever seen and said heís at the same level Tannehill was at around year 5 or 6. Mentioned that he had almost mastered the offense. But again, itís super SUPER early. But definitely encouraging.

And I know most wonít like it, but Iím terrified of this defense right now. If this is what life is like without X then we have to cave and give him some money. Tua and the offense are doing well, but this defense is even getting shredded by Brissett. Iíve never seen a defense get this torched early in camp. Weíre usually coming up with the excuse that defense is always ahead of the offense. Apparently the FS spot has also been disappointing.

Either Tua and this new offensive play calling are elite, or thereís concern for the defense. Because even guys like Mack Hollins are going off.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    A few other notes from what Iíve read:

Kindley continued to play on 3rd string. Eichenberg was the starting LG today. Reports are that the team is split on where they think heís best. Itíll be a real disappointment to me if after taking three guys in the top 50 that Davis is still blocking Tuaís blindside.

Speaking of Davis, Flo mentioned he was on a modified practice schedule as are a few others.

That throw to Grant in the red zone was perfect. Thereís a video on social that shows it just over Jones finger tips, which is now twice that Tua did that to him (the big play to Wilson on Saturday was again just past him).

Apparently the Brazilian dude weíve had on the team for two years is taking snaps over Kindley.

At one point Justin Coleman and Nik Needham were the starting CBs(although Jones might be on that modified schedule).

Omar had the big tweet of the day, saying Tua is further along than any 2nd year QB heís ever seen and said heís at the same level Tannehill was at around year 5 or 6. Mentioned that he had almost mastered the offense. But again, itís super SUPER early. But definitely encouraging.

And I know most wonít like it, but Iím terrified of this defense right now. If this is what life is like without X then we have to cave and give him some money. Tua and the offense are doing well, but this defense is even getting shredded by Brissett. Iíve never seen a defense get this torched early in camp. Weíre usually coming up with the excuse that defense is always ahead of the offense. Apparently the FS spot has also been disappointing.

Either Tua and this new offensive play calling are elite, or thereís concern for the defense. Because even guys like Mack Hollins are going off.
    wait for the pads to come on brother lol. the defense will pick it up. We have to remember that our offensive weapons have speed and quickness now. No matter where you look, when you see Fuller, Waddle, Grant, and Wilson, all four have the ability to burn a CB with ease. My fear is that Grant does just enough to impress during TC and pre-season, and then gets slotted as the WR5 over Foster or Bowden. I just don't think Grant is good enough to be a realistic receiving option. i don't know.

I do believe it was mentioned somewhere that Byron Jones is also on that flex practice schedule. So it's good to see Coleman, Iggy and Needham get some reps out there running with 1s'.

Another concern is the OL for sure. Either our DL is going to be really, really good this year, or our OL is going to be average to below average again. DL has been winning so far. But again, wait for the pads. I'm perfectly fine with Davis at RT to be honest. Dude is not terrible there, although if that's the case, I'd rather just have Hunt there. But if you're telling me that our OL week 1 is Jackson - Eichenberg - Deiter - Hunt - Davis, then I'm not going to be super upset cause that would be the best 5 guys we have, although Deiter would be the weak link imo. 4 of those 5 starters were drafted by us. That would be a good thing to see, in terms of our drafting and growth movement. Have to continue to give the young guys reps and experience.

Tua looks great right now, but again . . . . pads LOL. that's my theme for TC. wait for the pads. I do think Tua shuts all the doubters up this season and explodes with these weapons.

Pads came on yesterday, and the defense did show up lol. But it was primarily all run game install work.

McKinney absolutely dominated and was all over the place. Adam Butler was consistently getting penetration. And Scarlett was getting pressure. The front 7 absolutely won the day.

Tua didnít have anything to really talk about. Although he did take a safety in a drill because he held the ball too long, which keeps popping up. Again, they barely called any pass plays so my worry about the secondary is still there.

Albert Wilson was on a modified day, showing that heís fully in that top 4 WR spot.

Needham was the starter across from Jones, as Noah got demoted. Eichenberg is the LG now. Wilkins is on 2nd team but is still bullying people, so a good sign of the Dline depth. Skura fell to the 3rd team Oline alongside Kindley. And McCourtey is the FS until Hollandís is ready.

AVG didnít finish practice because we canít have nice things. Ahmed practiced in a red no contact jersey.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast