Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 25.00%
  • Sox Win Series

3 75.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Toronto Blue Jays (30-27) @ Chicago White Sox (36-23) | 6/08 - 6/10

Toronto Blue Jays (30-27) @ Chicago White Sox (36-23)
    Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL. | 6/08 - 6/10

Tuesday June 8, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Robbie Ray, LHP (3-2, 3.57 ERA) vs. Carlos Rodon, LHP (5-2, 1.98 ERA)

Toronto: Ray's changes in 2021 have become the new normal for him, walking very few while racking up the strikeouts. He has also providing length with at least six innings pitched in six of his last eight outings.
    Chicago: Rodon wasn't a sharp as he has been all season during his last start, allowing five runs w/three homeruns over six innings against the Indians. But Rodon still struck out eight and walked one, giving his team a chance.

Wednesday June 9, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Alek Manoah, RHP (1-0, 3.86 ERA) vs. Lance Lynn, RHP (7-1, 1.23 ERA)

Toronto: Manoah was dominant in his debut then struggled in his encore, so this is his shot to find a groove. The number 5 prospect is brimming with confidence and will benefit from spotting his fastball better in Chicago after allowing some hard contact in his last start.
    Chicago: Lynn is 1-3 with a 5.45 ERA in seven career games (six starts) against Toronto. But the right hander is 6-0 with a 1.38 ERA and a .150 opponents batting average oover his past seven starts. Lynn has 36 strikeouts in his last 39 innings of work.

Thursday June 10, 2021 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Hyun Jin Ryu, LHP (5-3, 3.23 ERA) vs. Dallas Keuchel, LHP (4-1, 4.25 ERA)

Toronto: Ryu's last outing was very uncharacteristic, allowing six earned runs over 5-2/3 innings. He felt he was rushing his delivery, so look for the ace to bounce back after having some time to evaluate his last start.
    Chicago: Keuchel makes his 13th start of the season and second in June when he faces the Blue Jays in the finale of this three game set. The southpaw is 4-0 with a 4.78 ERA over six career starts vs. Toronto.
    Last edited by DaSox_05; 06-09-2021 at 08:37 AM.

They don't have the Sox pitchers for tomorrow and Thursday up yet on MLB.com. When they get them up I will add them to the post.

It's probably going to be Lynn tomorrow and Dallas Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    They don't have the Sox pitchers for tomorrow and Thursday up yet on MLB.com. When they get them up I will add them to the post.

It's probably going to be Lynn tomorrow and Dallas Thursday.
    The Sox have been crafty moving pitchers around to get extra rest or to exploit a favorable matchup. They just did this with Cease and Rodon. Cease being 7-0 vs. the Tigers, so it made sense. Gotta imagine they are going to try to maneuver the best possible rotation for that Rays series. We have the Jays, Detroit, then Rays. Wonder if Kopech will be back by then?

It'd be nice to get some big leads over the next 2 series so we can pull some starters a little early and let Ruiz and Burr eat innings up before Burr inevitably gets sent down for Kopech.

Vaughn Gone!!! Clutchy!!!

Here is the chance to see how much they trust Crochet, Brett...

Damn Crochet looked Good AF! That was a perfect high leverage spot to put him in with no one on base. If we don't score here, I would expect him to start the 9th.

Man what a great job by Rodon to keep this game close, pitching out of multiple jams, and our Bullpen shutting them down for 3 innings until our bats could get going! Chalk this up as another great win for us.

My only complaint here is why not let Crochet finish this game off. He only threw 14 pitches, we had a 5 run cushion, and he isn't being used in b2b's. I woulda saved Hendriks and the rest of the pen for the rest of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Man what a great job by Rodon to keep this game close, pitching out of multiple jams, and our Bullpen shutting them down for 3 innings until our bats could get going! Chalk this up as another great win for us.

My only complaint here is why not let Crochet finish this game off. He only threw 14 pitches, we had a 5 run cushion, and he isn't being used in b2b's. I woulda saved Hendriks and the rest of the pen for the rest of this series.
    Agreed. Wonder if he was already warmed up so Tony decided to roll with him? Don't know if that's a thing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Happy that Garrett was used. Perhaps whatever the issues have been have subsided
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Updated the first post with the Sox starters.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Agreed. Wonder if he was already warmed up so Tony decided to roll with him? Don't know if that's a thing.

Stone mentioned on the broadcast that they probably brought him in because he was already warmed up and had the off days

Trent Dilfer & Tim Hasselbeck

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMaverick View Post
    Stone mentioned on the broadcast that they probably brought him in because he was already warmed up and had the off days
    Ah OK! Thanks for the clarification

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I’m sure it won’t really matter. If we have 2 save chances in the next 2 games, Bummer can take 1. Or even crochet in game 3 Vs the Jays.

As much as they use Hendriks, it almost feels like someone up top is telling them to get their money’s worth lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast