Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Does that include someone who is inside the romeo and juliet window? What if they are just outside of it?

And to be clear, I'm not saying it's okay, but I do believe in forgiveness once their debt has been paid.
    I do not know what the R&J window is unless it’s an 18 year old and a 17 year old or something very similar. As long as that’s consensual and not more than a year or two, then no, I don’t consider that rape. I consider a person forcing himself on another person where the sex is not consensual “rape”.

And they might be cleared after they paid they’re debt to society but I wouldn’t want anything to do with them. I can forgive and forget for some things if the reasonings are right. There is NEVER a legit reasoning for rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Forgiveness is for "God". If I were to hire someone, I would want to know the details of their past crimes... The fact they served their time doesn't make me trust them.
    So if someone makes a stupid mistake in their late teens they should never be able to put it behind them? I've dealt a lot with drug addicts and recovering addicts ... that lack of ability to put the past behind you is a MAJOR factor in relapse and recidivism.

You are supposed to strive to be more like "God" right? So why not add in a little forgiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So if someone makes a stupid mistake in their late teens they should never be able to put it behind them? I've dealt a lot with drug addicts and recovering addicts ... that lack of ability to put the past behind you is a MAJOR factor in relapse and recidivism.

You are supposed to strive to be more like "God" right? So why not add in a little forgiveness?
    For me personally, unless you're a drug lord or major distributor, I don't think it should even be a criminal offense. I would give them a second, perhaps even third chance. However, I understand why some people don't feel the same way.

This goes back to what I said that all crimes aren't equal. Raping and beating the s--t out of women can't be blame on ignorance... Anyone old enough to rape someone is old enough to know it's wrong.

As far as being more like "God", I'm not divine nor perfect... so if there is a God, he created me imperfectly with an inability to okay someone who has commit some heinous acts on the most vulnerable of people.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

So if I understand you correctly, because Trump was president and alledgedly did x, y, and z, then we should ignore wife beaters and rapists... Interesting logic.
    Absolutely. And you shouldn't use "allegedly" unless using it on both fronts.

If 63 million people can ignore it, what is one NBA owner (who likely voted Trump anyway) ignoring it also?

If it's socially acceptable to trust something as important as presidency to someone of that moral profile (who you can't just fire and get rid of at a moment's whim), I don't see the problem in hiring an NBA coach (who you can always fire or convince to resign (see Chris Doyle) in case there's too much backlash).
    Last edited by beasted86; 06-19-2021 at 04:40 AM.

For me personally, unless you're a drug lord or major distributor, I don't think it should even be a criminal offense. I would give them a second, perhaps even third chance. However, I understand why some people don't feel the same way.

This goes back to what I said that all crimes aren't equal. Raping and beating the s--t out of women can't be blame on ignorance... Anyone old enough to rape someone is old enough to know it's wrong.

As far as being more like "God", I'm not divine nor perfect... so if there is a God, he created me imperfectly with an inability to okay someone who has commit some heinous acts on the most vulnerable of people.
    Unfortunately rape isn't always intentional which changes the story some. And the addicts only crime is seldom just doing the drugs. And I firmly believe forgiveness is human.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123