Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thibodeau Wins COY

As the title says, Thibs was voted coach of the year. I will attach a picture of a voting breakdown.

Knicks were 21-45 and didn't even get invited to the bubble. Finished this season 41-31, good for 4th in the East. First playoff appearance for the Knicks in 8 years.

Thibs is the first Knicks coach to win the award since Pat Riley in 1993.

Was a tight race.

Well earned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I miss me some Thibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monty Williams would have been my vote. Congrats to Thibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Monty Williams would have been my vote. Congrats to Thibs.
    Same

deserved. No issues here. Congrats thibs

Meh, I know I'm biased but how the hell does Quinn Snyder just get swept under the rug? He lead a team that quite literally everyone says is not good to the best record in the league with multiple I juries to very important players, shatters all kinds of shooting records....great offensive and defensive #s.....I dunno. Kinda like when Sloan didn't win it with a .500 team sporting Keyon Clark, Arroyo, AK-47.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Meh, I know I'm biased but how the hell does Quinn Snyder just get swept under the rug? He lead a team that quite literally everyone says is not good to the best record in the league with multiple I juries to very important players, shatters all kinds of shooting records....great offensive and defensive #s.....I dunno. Kinda like when Sloan didn't win it with a .500 team sporting Keyon Clark, Arroyo, AK-47.
    Who says the Jazz aren't good? There's a difference between saying a team isn't built for the playoffs (which is debatable) vs. saying they aren't good.

Everyone thinks the Jazz are a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    As the title says, Thibs was voted coach of the year. I will attach a picture of a voting breakdown.

Knicks were 21-45 and didn't even get invited to the bubble. Finished this season 41-31, good for 4th in the East. First playoff appearance for the Knicks in 8 years.

Thibs is the first Knicks coach to win the award since Pat Riley in 1993.

Was a tight race.
    The Suns have two all stars, one of whom is a first ballot hall of famer who instantly improves every team he plays for.

The Knicks had... Julius Randle?

This is the most obvious COTY award ever - and that's not a knock on Monty Williams, Quinn Snyder or anyone else.

Just look at that Knicks roster. They got home court advantage with that trash.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    He only improved them by 8 wins. Not as impressive as a 20 win increase and a 17 win increase, respectively.

Thibs def deserved it over Monty. Chris Paul is coaching that team.

I think Monty Williams deserved it. Just my choice. Thibs is a solid option, the guy took a horrible team to the 2nd best record in the West (and knocked off the defending champs for whatever it's worth even though it's not suppressed to count).

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    He only improved them by 8 wins. Not as impressive as a 20 win increase and a 17 win increase, respectively.
    to be fair the hardest thing to do in the NBA is take a 50 win team and make it a sixty win team without adding a superstar which the Jazz didn't do. However, I think coach of the year is so stupid, its simply a who won more games then that voted\r projected to at the start of the year. like I bet most, if not every single gm, would rather have Snyder as their coach rather then Thibs.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think Monty Williams deserved it. Just my choice. Thibs is a solid option, the guy took a horrible team to the 2nd best record in the West (and knocked off the defending champs for whatever it's worth even though it's not suppressed to count).
    the voting is before the playoffs so has zero bearing on the vote obviously

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast