Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Never been to Indy but I’ve been to damn near every part of Philly . Very gritty , hectic and in your face . It’s not for everyone especially if your arriving from the Mountains. This could end up being a blessing for him and his family . There could be a higher comfort level there . Some people will say comfort ? He’s a pro he should perform for whoever is paying him . But not everyone has the same mental makeup for some people being comfortable can mean the world of difference ........like a baby with his favorite blanket ..... lololol

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Never been to Indy but I’ve been to damn near every part of Philly . Very gritty , hectic and in your face . It’s not for everyone especially if your arriving from the Mountains. This could end up being a blessing for him and his family . There could be a higher comfort level there . Some people will say comfort ? He’s a pro he should perform for whoever is paying him . But not everyone has the same mental makeup for some people being comfortable can mean the world of difference ........like a baby with his favorite blanket ..... lololol
    Owned.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    “That’s something you try to do, you try to take that approach—I don’t need to do it all,” Wentz continued. “And I think human nature can sometimes get in the way of that. But I think Frank and really the rest of the offensive coaching staff, with what little work we’ve been able to do together, just really reinforced it. Throw to the open guy. First and second down, find a completion and move on. All that stuff. It’s been good."
    Sounds like it is endorsing all the "criticisms" of Wentz made in this thread as 100% accurate. Struggling to read defenses, playing hero ball and preferring some receivers over the open one.

“When you hit the reset button, it’s an opportunity to rebuild from the ground up,” Reich said. “So one of the ways we emphasize just come in and be the quarterback is just coach the heck out of the basics, starting with your stance. For a quarterback in shotgun, the detail of that—not just talking about the stance, but talking about the fine details of the stance and what we’re trying to do with all of our footwork in all of our drops in our pass game, whether it’s play-action or drop-back or what we’re trying to do, and how we’re trying to time things up with a rhythm and timing standpoint, as far as the footwork and the drops.

“And everything fundamentally as far as throwing the football. Setting up with his feet, using his feet, using all the things we talked about without going into all the detail. That’s all about playing quarterback."
    Then his coaches go into how his mechanics have gotten so bad they have to start over with the basics of playing QB. Woof.

Carson Wentz: The QBs, QB

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Sounds like it is endorsing all the "criticisms" of Wentz made in this thread as 100% accurate. Struggling to read defenses, playing hero ball and preferring some receivers over the open one.

Then his coaches go into how his mechanics have gotten so bad they have to start over with the basics of playing QB. Woof.
    Since when is “going back to the basics” a bad thing? Getting a fresh look from the beginning isn’t necessarily something to “woof” at but again, agenda is transparent.

And can you please quote where you deciphered “can’t read defenses and preferring some receivers over others?”

Hero ball is definitely an accurate criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by koldjerky; 06-15-2021 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Since when is “going back to the basics” a bad thing? Getting a fresh look from the beginning isn’t necessarily something to “woof” at but again, agenda is transparent.

And can you please quote where you deciphered “can’t read defenses and preferring some receivers over others?”

Hero ball is definitely an accurate criticism.

Ehhhhh, Idk if you ever want to hear that your franchise QB has fell so low that the coaches have to focus on the basics again. I think that sounds pretty bad tbh.

Carson Wentz: The QBs, QB

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Ehhhhh, Idk if you ever want to hear that your franchise QB has fell so low that the coaches have to focus on the basics again. I think that sounds pretty bad tbh.
    I think it’s not as bad since it’s a new team and coaching. If he was still with Doug and co on the Eagles, I’d be a little more disheartened.

And I take it more as, we know that he has issues and he knows he has issues, so let’s go back to the basics and see where the disconnect is.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

It is interesting though to hear Wentz acknowledge problems that I've been told weren't his problems. "Throw to the open guy. First and second down, find a completion and move on."

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If you Google "Tom Brady working on mechanics" several articles dating back as early as 2012 and recent as 2020 show up. It's honestly just an offseason thing that most QBs do because the only time mechanics can truly be practiced is during the offseason. Once real games begin nobody gives a **** about mechanics on 75% of plays because it's that rare that most QBs are even given the protection to have that convenience. I'd honestly say there's only a handful of top 20 QBs currently playing who actually rely on great mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If you Google "Tom Brady working on mechanics" several articles dating back as early as 2012 and recent as 2020 show up.
    Working on improving mechanics is almost entirely different than "rebuilding from the ground up" because of garbage mechanics.

On one hand you have Brady fine tuning his release to get into tighter windows, on the other hand you have coaches telling Wentz to plant his feet and try not to lob the ball at the covered receiver.

It sounds like they're doing the same stuff with Wentz that they're doing with their fresh drafted QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If you Google "Tom Brady working on mechanics" several articles dating back as early as 2012 and recent as 2020 show up. It's honestly just an offseason thing that most QBs do because the only time mechanics can truly be practiced is during the offseason. Once real games begin nobody gives a **** about mechanics on 75% of plays because it's that rare that most QBs are even given the protection to have that convenience. I'd honestly say there's only a handful of top 20 QBs currently playing who actually rely on great mechanics.
    Too complex for the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Too complex for the narrative.
    You know what is being overlooked? Doesn’t this show that Wentz isn’t this arrogant selfish crybaby if he’s admitting and willing to “rebuild from the ground up?”

He’s admitting he’s sucked and needs to rework. Says something about a guy who can admit that in order to get better.

You know what is being overlooked? Doesn’t this show that Wentz isn’t this arrogant selfish crybaby if he’s admitting and willing to “rebuild from the ground up?”

He’s admitting he’s sucked and needs to rework. Says something about a guy who can admit that in order to get better.
    He got benched and traded. Not sure how much self-reflection is needed after that to conclude you gotta change some things.

Too late, QBEagles has already done his best to **** on that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Too late, QBEagles has already done his best to **** on that as well.
    Well it is pretty much his last chance at being a legit starting QB, its not like he has any other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Well it is pretty much his last chance at being a legit starting QB, its not like he has any other choice.
    Nobody on psd knows what his future holds. He could fail and still find opportunity.

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast