Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 136
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,646

    Defensive Player of the Year

    The top 3 candidates are Myles Garrett, Aaron Donald, and Micah Parsons. Both Parsons and Garrett made big plays yesterday to make their case. Donald has his chance tonight.

    Obviously my choice is Micah Parsons. Hereís a comparison between him and Garrett this season.

    https://twitter.com/tvjflo/status/14...469264386?s=21

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,384
    To this point I think Parsons should get it
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14,821
    Parsons is DROY, but GTFOH with the DPOY nonsense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,646
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Parsons is DROY, but GTFOH with the DPOY nonsense.
    That chart I posted is actually off. Parsons has 12 sacks now not 10. Garrett has 15.

    You may not agree but Parsons has a great chance to be DPOY. Iím not the only one saying it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,661
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Parsons is DROY, but GTFOH with the DPOY nonsense.
    He might not win. Maybe he doesnít deserve to win but he definitely deserves to be in the conversation.
    Itís not nonsense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,284
    I have Myles Garrett winning DPOY

    Now if it is Defensive Rookie of the Year, I have Parsons winning that award at least

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    68,262
    Watt has more sacks, FF, and PD while missing the equivalent of 3 games.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14,821
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    He might not win. Maybe he doesnít deserve to win but he definitely deserves to be in the conversation.
    Itís not nonsense.
    Garrett, Watt, Donald, Heyward, Allen, Crosby, and probably even Ramsey are all more deserving. Hell, if all you care about is raw stats, Parsons isn't even the most deserving in his own team when Diggs has a billion INTs this year.

    Parsons needs to close the season strong and benefit from being on a popular team to have a chance at it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    68,262
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Garrett, Watt, Donald, Heyward, Allen, Crosby, and probably even Ramsey are all more deserving. Hell, if all you care about is raw stats, Parsons isn't even the most deserving in his own team when Diggs has a billion INTs this year.

    Parsons needs to close the season strong and benefit from being on a popular team to have a chance at it.
    Interesting thing on the Parsons being 99th in pass rush rate that isn't really being shared: His pass rush attempts are coming on 2nd and 8+ and 3rd and 4+. They play him off the ball in longer situations. So there can be claims because of the lack of pass rush attempts he's being cost sacks. To me it's like Aldon Smith in his first few years when people were so excited about him, I always said it's easier to pass rush when you aren't as worried about defending the rush or screen.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,070
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Watt has more sacks, FF, and PD while missing the equivalent of 3 games.
    This is like the 3rd time I've seen this discussion and I have no idea why Watt is left out of it so much.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14,821
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Interesting thing on the Parsons being 99th in pass rush rate that isn't really being shared: His pass rush attempts are coming on 2nd and 8+ and 3rd and 4+. They play him off the ball in longer situations. So there can be claims because of the lack of pass rush attempts he's being cost sacks. To me it's like Aldon Smith in his first few years when people were so excited about him, I always said it's easier to pass rush when you aren't as worried about defending the rush or screen.
    Them playing him as a traditional LB on other reps also makes his tackle numbers less appealing. Dudes a shoe-in for DROY, but it'd be a travesty if he got DPOY barring some crazy 4 game stretch to close the season.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,646
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Them playing him as a traditional LB on other reps also makes his tackle numbers less appealing. Dudes a shoe-in for DROY, but it'd be a travesty if he got DPOY barring some crazy 4 game stretch to close the season.
    Well he has had a crazy 6 game stretch where he has 9.5 sacks so itís not crazy to think he will have a crazy 4 game stretch to close the season, especially when you look at the offenses he will be facing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,646
    TJ Watt has had a great season and absolutely does deserve to be in the conversation. In fact Iíd pick him over Aaron Donald.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    97,434
    DROY - Parsons without much consideration
    DPOY - Parson's is towards the bottom of a short list of 8-10

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    45,347
    Slay
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •