Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Wait. What? Back to HS and it never came up until now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Nah, there's no scenario that makes sense to bring him back early. If you're looking good the first 3 weeks there's no reason to rush, if you're looking bad the first 3 weeks, there's no reason to kill your 1st rounder. I bet they bring him back after game 5, which leaves a very small chance of him hitting the 70% snaps + playoffs incentive to turn it into a 1st, but I bet the Colts make sure he hits less than 70% in that scenario.

If I'm the Colts, I pull Wentz every single time a game is decided early, I run several wildcat plays per game, and if the last week of the season isn't do-or-die, I rest him. The snap% structure of that trade was really dumb and can be easily avoided even if Wentz doesn't miss a ton of time.
    The time frame for recovery is 5-12 weeks. 5 weeks puts him at week 3. No way hes back that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The time frame for recovery is 5-12 weeks. 5 weeks puts him at week 3. No way hes back that fast.

The eagles play their first game in 6 weeks. By week three it will have been nine weeks from the surgery.

Wait. What? Back to HS and it never came up until now?

All because he took an awkward step.

It's wild.

This is this guys MO...

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    The eagles play their first game in 6 weeks. By week three it will have been nine weeks from the surgery.
    Not sure what the Eagles have to do with it. I miscalculated a bit but still 5 weeks and having to get on the same page in mesh points with the C, mesh points with the RBs, on the same page with the WR's. Only upside is he does know the playbook, but coming in week 1 with no practice time is a huge ask. Not happening. Eagles gonna end up with a 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    All because he took an awkward step.

It's wild.
    That's insane. And the fact there's never been a story on it is more nuts.

Not sure what the Eagles have to do with it. I miscalculated a bit but still 5 weeks and having to get on the same page in mesh points with the C, mesh points with the RBs, on the same page with the WR's. Only upside is he does know the playbook, but coming in week 1 with no practice time is a huge ask. Not happening. Eagles gonna end up with a 2nd round pick.
    I met colts. Just saying he could be back earlier then you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I met colts. Just saying he could be back earlier then you thought.
    Could be. Seeing a ton of 6 week at best, 8-9 weeks likely on twitter. 5 weeks is very aggressive with foot surgeries.

The first round pick is 75% of snaps or 70% of snaps and playoffs

So the eagles have to essentially hope hes either back by week 5 because 13 games is 76%

Or if hes gone until longer that he plays 12 games and they make the playoffs

Basically the absolute last chance at the first is the 49ers game they have

Best case is still if he comes back vs the Texans or earlier and they miss the playoffs because the hole is too deep

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post

So the eagles have to essentially hope hes either back by week 5 because 13 games is 76%

Best case is still if he comes back vs the Texans or earlier and they miss the playoffs because the hole is too deep
    It's snaps, not games. Are you taking a snap average and applying it to weeks played?

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post

On top of that have you seen their schedule to start the season?

Seahawks
    Rams
    @ Titans
    @ Dolphins
    @ Ravens
    Texans
    @ Niners
    Titans

They better hope that he's back for that Texans game to notch a win. They could start 1-7. Heck they could be 0-5 the week that Wentz comes back if he misses up to that game.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It's snaps, not games. Are you taking a snap average and applying it to weeks played?
    It's highly unlikely he misses more than 6 games and they have enough snaps offensively in 11 games to make up the difference. They'd have to like go for every 4th down and create a crap ton of 3&outs or quick scores by the other team to create extra snaps for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Im assuming with him out theyll have the ball less snaps per game, and as QB with offensive snaps hoping that their TOP goes up and he has enough snaps. Again its 70% with playoffs. Hoping hes back in 8 weeks which puts him starting week 4

On top of that have you seen their schedule to start the season?

Seahawks
    Rams
    @ Titans
    @ Dolphins
    @ Ravens
    Texans
    @ Niners
    Titans

They better hope that he's back for that Texans game to notch a win. They could start 1-7. Heck they could be 0-5 the week that Wentz comes back if he misses up to that game.
    I think he comes back week 4, thats 8 weeks. If the colts are 1-2 I think the eagles can still sneak that 1st