Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 160 of 218 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3260
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Too lazy to re-read and count but I would bet a dollar to a donut that over the course of the season there are at least 10 different QBs mention in the conversation at different point, some being added, some falling off (ie Dak).

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/9/...kson-tom-brady
    But Dak also had an injury late in that season, so you gotta disregard those games in your evaluation like you do with Wentz's ankles. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-eagles-sunday

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    But Dak also had an injury late in that season, so you gotta disregard those games in your evaluation like you do with Wentz's ankles. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-eagles-sunday
    Apples and hand grenades.

He was out of the discussion weeks before that, never to rejoin it, IMO.

They arenít being disregarded. The whole season matters but obviously things can change.

Say Carson is statistically the best QB every week from now until end of season but Dak stays top 3 the entire way as well, itís likely Dak still ends up better overall for the entire season than Wentz did. Wentz moves up in the voting but probably loses to Dak.

Wentz would just get a lot more consideration with his improved play but most likely still falls short because he didnít start out overwhelmingly fantastic (for whatever reason). No different than a guy starting hot (Wilson is usually the guy) and then faltering later in the season. Still gets votes but most likely isnít winning.

Wentz would need to really up his game to have a really shot but if others start faltering it could help as well. Timing is always a factor too but itís always based off the overall season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    They arenít being disregarded. The whole season matters but obviously things can change.

Say Carson is statistically the best QB every week from now until end of season but Dak stays top 3 the entire way as well, itís likely Dak still ends up better overall for the entire season than Wentz did. Wentz moves up in the voting but probably loses to Dak.

Wentz would just get a lot more consideration with his improved play but most likely still falls short because he didnít start out overwhelmingly fantastic (for whatever reason). No different than a guy starting hot (Wilson is usually the guy) and then faltering later in the season. Still gets votes but most likely isnít winning.

Wentz would need to really up his game to have a really shot but if others start faltering it could help as well. Timing is always a factor too but itís always based off the overall season.
    So weird it is such a difficult concept for some.

It likely isn't, just anything to poo poo.

So weird it is such a difficult concept for some.

It likely isn't, just anything to poo poo.
    If the season ended today, would Wentz be in MVP discussion?
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

So for the 2019 season, he was not a MVP candidate, according to you.
    I mean, is it a bad take to say he wasn't? Because he wasn't. His stats only came in garbage time or against **** teams.

Obviously neither is Wentz and barring some insane flip of a switch he won't be.

Carson wentz is a decent to good QB, heís always been a decent to good QB, even last year when he was having a bad year he was a decent to good QB having a incredibly bad year

Heís not a franchise level QB. Heís not a guy Iíd pay 30 million a year nor is he a guy Iíd believe could hide deficiencies on offense

Heís Kirk cousins, baker mayfield. Give him a great situation and heíll have his moments. And if you have a good OC heíll probably keep the ball safe too. But if youíre thinking heís this franchise QB then thatís just not true. If heís your most important offensive player, or even in the top 3 most important offensive players youíre likely going 8-9, to 10-7 at best

Which is ironically where he hovered around most of his eagles career

If the season ended today, would Wentz be in MVP discussion?
    No, nobody said he would be.

No, nobody said he would be.
    Hmmm seems that what people are implying [emoji848]

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Carson wentz is a decent to good QB, heís always been a decent to good QB, even last year when he was having a bad year he was a decent to good QB having a incredibly bad year

Heís not a franchise level QB. Heís not a guy Iíd pay 30 million a year nor is he a guy Iíd believe could hide deficiencies on offense

Heís Kirk cousins, baker mayfield. Give him a great situation and heíll have his moments. And if you have a good OC heíll probably keep the ball safe too. But if youíre thinking heís this franchise QB then thatís just not true. If heís your most important offensive player, or even in the top 3 most important offensive players youíre likely going 8-9, to 10-7 at best

Which is ironically where he hovered around most of his eagles career
    I donít think heís worth the contract at all. But then again there are like maybe 6 QBs worth that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I mean, is it a bad take to say he wasn't? Because he wasn't. His stats only came in garbage time or against **** teams.

Obviously neither is Wentz and barring some insane flip of a switch he won't be.
    1) BDawk predicted Wentz will be a MVP candidate this year, and said his prediction comes true if Wentz is one of the Top 10 "talked about guys" for MVP at any point in time this year. The games when Wentz was injured don't count negatively against him.

2) BDawk thinks Dak wasn't a MVP candidate in 2019 (the whole season) even though Dak was one of the Top 10 "talked about guys" for MVP in that season. The games when Dak was injured count negatively against him.

Now, we could waste more time discussing exactly what makes a Top 10 "talked about guy" for MVP, or we can not do that, and simply agree BDawk has a ridiculous double standard when it comes to Wentz.

1) BDawk predicted Wentz will be a MVP candidate this year, and said his prediction comes true if Wentz is one of the Top 10 "talked about guys" for MVP at any point in time this year. The games when Wentz was injured don't count negatively against him.

2) BDawk thinks Dak wasn't a MVP candidate in 2019 (the whole season) even though Dak was one of the Top 10 "talked about guys" for MVP in that season. The games when Dak was injured count negatively against him.

Now, we could waste more time discussing exactly what makes a Top 10 "talked about guy" for MVP, or we can not do that, and simply agree BDawk has a ridiculous double standard when it comes to Wentz.
    No doubt. Even if he plays 17 games like the last 3 he's still not jumping most of the guys who are real MVP possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No doubt. Even if he plays 17 games like the last 3 he's still not jumping most of the guys who are real MVP possibilities.
    Heíd definitely need to be a top 3 or so passer to be in the discussion for the remainder of the year to be anywhere near discussion.

I think BDawk wouldíve been better saying that heíll be a top 10 QB than MVP discussion.

Heíd definitely need to be a top 3 or so passer to be in the discussion for the remainder of the year to be anywhere near discussion.

I think BDawk wouldíve been better saying that heíll be a top 10 QB than MVP discussion.
    It's just to nit-pick at this point though.

If Wentz finishes the year playing the way he has then yes that puts him in top 10 discussion (ultimately being included in a list of guys talked about in the on-going map discussion).

I neer said he would win MVP which is what seems to be what is bing implied.

Hmmm seems that what people are implying [emoji848]

I can't help people are dumb.