Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 223 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3343
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Discussion of top 10 qb, yes, he still may enter the chat if he continues playing as he has.
    That makes no sense. If hes not there now why would he be there if he continues his pace?

His 1 and 2 for most the season was Ward and Fulgham.

Let that marinate.
    When Dak in 2018 had Hurns as his top WR for a big part of the year I didn't see too many people giving him a break (and that was when he was still a very young QB). It also doesn't excuse some of the terrible throws Wentz made. I think it's already been shown the Eagles WRs were getting open but he wasn't making the throws last year.

It is obvious to basically everyone that he was terrible and that, if he wasn't, the Eagles would have easily won the division. They had plenty of injuries like the Cowboys, but they always had their (at the time) franchise QB and that is typically enough to at least play .500 football.

He wasn't good and the Eagles were paying him the big $$$ to be able to at least be competent regardless of who is around him. His weapons weren't drastically different than years before (he still had Goedert, Ertz and eventually Alshon and a first round rookie WR). If you get paid that kind of money you have certain expectations as a franchise QB and he did not meet them in 2020.

I'll say it again, I think the Eagles should have kept him because it's not easy to find good QB play, but they ****ed up by not realizing Wentz was sensitive to having Hurts behind him (and it was dumb to draft a QB in the 2nd round right after giving big $ to your QB anyway). It's not all on Wentz, but he needed to be better and more professional in 2020.
    Last edited by Mamba42; 10-22-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Wentz was a ball in high grass in 2020... Lost. - Bill Parcells

If only Wentz would have had Bill Parcells as his coach he would have been much tougher:

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    That makes no sense. If hes not there now why would he be there if he continues his pace?
    He hasnt played the same the entire season. Hes played a lot better since hes been removed from the ankle injuries.

He was ok in the Rams game then had the injuries to his ankles then was bad in the Titans game immediately after. Hes then been above average the next three weeks.

If he didnt have the ankle injuries but the games played were the same, Id agree with you. Thats not what happened though. Im not saying to take those games out, but Id feel better saying his pace and play is better judged off these last few weeks as hes gotten healthier. But Im sure that wont be the way you judge him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Discussion of top 10 qb, yes, he still may enter the chat if he continues playing as he has.
    So your going from MVP discussion to possibly being able to chat about him like hes the 10th best QB ?

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    He hasnt played the same the entire season. Hes played a lot better since hes been removed from the ankle injuries.

He was ok in the Rams game then had the injuries to his ankles then was bad in the Titans game immediately after. Hes then been above average the next three weeks.

If he didnt have the ankle injuries but the games played were the same, Id agree with you. Thats not what happened though. Im not saying to take those games out, but Id feel better saying his pace and play is better judged off these last few weeks as hes gotten healthier. But Im sure that wont be the way you judge him.
    Your take is a lot more logical. If he continues his last few games pace then yes that would put him on a different trajectory. My opinion is that with the exception of the Baltimore game his play is more dependent on opponent then his injury. Not a coincidence he looked better against Miami and Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    So your going from MVP discussion to possibly being able to chat about him like hes the 10th best QB ?
    It's funny really. BDawk will say MVP candidate means Top 10 QB, but he would never say Dak was a MVP candidate in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Is this a real question? Rankings change weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    When Dak in 2018 had Hurns as his top WR for a big part of the year I didn't see too many people giving him a break (and that was when he was still a very young QB). It also doesn't excuse some of the terrible throws Wentz made. I think it's already been shown the Eagles WRs were getting open but he wasn't making the throws last year.

It is obvious to basically everyone that he was terrible and that, if he wasn't, the Eagles would have easily won the division. They had plenty of injuries like the Cowboys, but they always had their (at the time) franchise QB and that is typically enough to at least play .500 football.

He wasn't good and the Eagles were paying him the big $$$ to be able to at least be competent regardless of who is around him. His weapons weren't drastically different than years before (he still had Goedert, Ertz and eventually Alshon and a first round rookie WR). If you get paid that kind of money you have certain expectations as a franchise QB and he did not meet them in 2020.

I'll say it again, I think the Eagles should have kept him because it's not easy to find good QB play, but they ****ed up by not realizing Wentz was sensitive to having Hurts behind him (and it was dumb to draft a QB in the 2nd round right after giving big $ to your QB anyway). It's not all on Wentz, but he needed to be better and more professional in 2020.
    I am one of the biggest advocates for "context" on PSD, sadly most see that as excuse rather than why something may be the way that it is. Let's say Dak came out this season and had mobility issues. I'm sure people would point to the ankle as being part of it but if PSD stayed consistent it would be called an excuse. It' silly. Surrounding talent matters. Scheme matters. All these things matter. It's why Wentz likely won't throw for many 400 yard games, he shouldn't need to. Could he? Yes.

Wentz was absolutely awful last season, nobody denies that. There was obviously no trust in his OL and revolving door at receivers/te/rb. You could just tell he wasn't comfortable, couldn't trust what he was seeing and the results were very poor. This is where most jumped on the "Wentz just sucks" train which wasn't the smartest to do but here we are. The biggest thing that Wentz lacked last season was consistency around him. Look no further than this year. He's had 1 bad game, on two ankles that he shouldn't;t have played on. It's funny nobody comments on the toughness for the "guy made of glass" but will only point to the how he looked during the game. He looked like he couldn't even move, duh? It was his worse game.

Week 1 - her played ok. He was "fine". First game, new system, off of the foot surgery (remember people had ruled him out until midseason), limited camp, no preseason, best receiver hurt, OL already having their own issues and the defense was terrible. Still finished 25/38, 251 and 2 TDs.

Week 2 - against one of the leagues best defenses the offense went up and down the field. Wentz was pretty good, just didn't finish drives and had his lone INT on a pretty fluke play that he was partially to blame for but pretty far down the list. More of a great play by the defender than anything. Even still, he had a chance to go tie the game or win it on the last drive before spraining both ankles, missed the last drive and Eason came in and immediately threw a pick. Surfs boy, the guy with all the moxy, the guy who was going to take Wentz's job by week 4. Just so many bad takes anymore.

Week 3 - Shouldn't have played, still had them in the game late against a team that just knocked out the NFL new darlings.

Week 4 - Balled. Played really well unless you only watch the boxscore, again, he won't need to light that up often or at least shouldn't if the Colts are staying balanced (see 2017 Eagles).

Week 5 - Balled.

Week 6 - Played really good. The run game was great, didn't need to do a ton, still threw a couple of tuddies.

Week 7 and beyond - time will tell.

He showed in 2019 that he was capable of playing with a bad roster, 2020 he didn't but it was an even worse situation than 2019. Ertz had checked out after not getting paid, it was painfully obvious. He was lackluster and oft-injured. Goedert missed almost 1/2 the games Wentz played in. Ertz played in 6 games with Wentz. Reagor is removing himself from any conversation of quality player, he was also oft-injured last season, he too only played 6 games with Wentz. Sanders was hurt. Literally everyone was hurt around him. Again, no consistency (which I think was the biggest issue). Nobody is arguing that he wasn't;t worth the money last year, he wasn't, but you can't have a corvette with a Ford Focus engine and expect great things that would be sustainable. He could have done more, no debate.

The Eagles (Wentz included) screwed the whole thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post

If you follow MVP discussions you will see that it's about 10 guys throughout the course of a season that are in the discussion only to be weeded out as the season goes along.

It's why Dak was mentioned early and the exited the chat a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's funny really. BDawk will say MVP candidate means Top 10 QB, but he would never say Dak was a MVP candidate in 2019.
    You asked this and I said he was, until like week 8 or 9.

No need to make stuff up.

You asked this and I said he was, until like week 8 or 9.

No need to make stuff up.
    So for the 2019 season, he was not a MVP candidate, according to you.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    So for the 2019 season, he was not a MVP candidate, according to you.
    Obtuse is obtuse.

It's a discussion that changes as the season progresses. Why is this so foreign of a concept?

Too lazy to re-read and count but I would bet a dollar to a donut that over the course of the season there are at least 10 different QBs mention in the conversation at different point, some being added, some falling off (ie Dak).

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/9/...kson-tom-brady