Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

If your going to let Conforto walk, it wonít be so Pillar can take over. It will be because they offered somebody else big bucks and or will make a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If your going to let Conforto walk, it wonít be so Pillar can take over. It will be because they offered somebody else big bucks and or will make a deal.

The money they wanted to spend on Conforto will likely go to Bryant.

Bryant can play the OF too, making for guys like Pillar and Villar to get playing time on occasion

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I agree but it doesnít have to be for a right fielder. I could see them go after a 3rd baseman in Free Agency and look at the farm for a RF replacement like Vientos or Cortes.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

At this point of his career Pillar is a corner outfielder, but an everyday player nevertheless. He is capable of hitting 15-20 HRs if he gets 600 ABs. He'll give you good defense too. They will give the money to a true centerfielder.

Pillar the guy with a .661 OPS? Yeah thatís not everyday player corner outfield numbers you want. Just because he will hit a homer once in a while does not make him a stater. He is a back up who can start incase of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    At this point of his career Pillar is a corner outfielder, but an everyday player nevertheless. He is capable of hitting 15-20 HRs if he gets 600 ABs. He'll give you good defense too. They will give the money to a true centerfielder.
    Pillar is a great bench guy on a playoff team, capable of filling in for weeks at a time during the course of a season. I love his competitiveness, his approach and his small sample size propensity for the big hit, but not every day. He's an everyday starter for an also-ran. I have a similar take on Villar.

Pillar the guy with a .661 OPS? Yeah thatís not everyday player corner outfield numb not his offense.ers you want. Just because he will hit a homer once in a while does not make him a stater. He is a back up who can start incase of injuries.

Like most of the Mets players Pillar is having an off year batting average wise. But he has more HRs than Conforto who is having his worse year as a Met. As for Villar IMO he is there best all around 3rd baseman. His offense is better than Guillorme's but not his defense. His defense is better than Davis's but not his offense powerwise. I think he should be starting at 3rd base for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Like most of the Mets players Pillar is having an off year batting average wise. But he has more HRs than Conforto who is having his worse year as a Met. As for Villar IMO he is there best all around 3rd baseman. His offense is better than Guillorme's but not his defense. His defense is better than Davis's but not his offense powerwise. I think he should be starting at 3rd base for the rest of the season.
    Lol Conforto was out a month plus.

The Cubs are on a free far all, if that continues then look into Bryant because he would fit like a glove here.

The Cubs are on a free far all, if that continues then look into Bryant because he would fit like a glove here.

Dang they're 42-42? Wow

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/snytv/status/141...717460481?s=21

Pass on Donaldson if he was expiring itís be fine but commuting to him for 3 years seems very risky.

If Bryant is really available thatís the guy.

And they need a pitcher, obviously. Can be a backend starter just need someone to take on innings

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Pass on Donaldson if he was expiring itís be fine but commuting to him for 3 years seems very risky.

If Bryant is really available thatís the guy.

And they need a pitcher, obviously. Can be a backend starter just need someone to take on innings

No thanks on Donaldson also, heís been on the decline outside of 1 year in Atlanta when he was trying to get a contract. If the Twins want to throw Berrios in there with getting nothing back, then possibly, but that Donaldson contract is gross
    Last edited by Larry M; 07-06-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Conforto for Bryant straight up?
    Or maybe 3 three trade where the Cubs get some prospects

Give both players a change of scenery

Berrios is someone I would target, and I would take on all of Donaldson's contract to lower the cost. But I want Berrios, so I expect the Mets not to get him.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast