Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1013

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    He wasn't reported until late today to be available but that doesn't mean he wasn't available. The news reporters get things way after the scenes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    He wasnít made available until late on the final day of deadline. This has been confirmed by multiple sources and someone within the organization.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    In what world is PCA not a top prospect?

Mets got fleeced dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    32 professional PA. He has a torn labrum and cartilage issue in his shoulder.

If the Mets received a prospect in a trade that was this banged up, I would have been screaming my head off.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I love how the Mets apparently knew of degrom injury at 1-2 PM and decided we have enough pitching

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Are you suggesting they should have traded away all their prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Meanwhile if Brodie had made this trade he would be chewing his *** off. No bias there though
    What does Brodie have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well itís a Brody pick so he never liked him either.

You do realize Tanous and Tramuta have been handling the drafts since early 2010s. Itís cute that you believe the GM actually makes the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    The problem I have is this...

Who is better, Bryant or Baez?

Who was traded for the better prospect(s)?

What prospect better than PCA was traded for a rental?

I can think of multiple rentals better than Baez that went for less.
    Bryant canít play SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    32 professional PA. He has a torn labrum and cartilage issue in his shoulder.

If the Mets received a prospect in a trade that was this banged up, I would have been screaming my head off.
    If they had the ceiling of PCA, Iíd be ecstatic.

You donít trade injured prospects while their value is in the toilet.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

You do realize Tanous and Tramuta have been handling the drafts since early 2010s. Itís cute that you believe the GM actually makes the pick.
    Itís cute that you think he has no say.

I seriously doubt Cano plays in Flushing anymore.
    Do you really think that the Mets are going to eat the remaining years of Cano's contract ?

They made the trade for Baez by getting money back from the Cubs

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...74453196029959

Seems Mets wanted Bryant but the Cubs wanted to make sure all three were traded so they kept redirecting to Baez.

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...50881635356679

And we contacted for Gibson and they already finished with Phillies
    What I think is egregious is that we weren't looking for pitching until the news about deGrom came down. First of all, deGrom has been banged up all year so having any confidence in his health going forward - while he's still on the IL, no less - is absurd. They should have been making calls the whole time.

Also the Tweet says the Cubs didn't want what the Mets were offering for Bryant. I don't know what "they wanted all three traded" means. They didn't like what we could reasonably offer so they redirected to Baez. Which if true makes me feel less bad about not getting Bryant. I mean if the Cubs looked at our farm and said "No thanks," then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    What I think is egregious is that we weren't looking for pitching until the news about deGrom came down. First of all, deGrom has been banged up all year so having any confidence in his health going forward - while he's still on the IL, no less - is absurd. They should have been making calls the whole time.

Also the Tweet says the Cubs didn't want what the Mets were offering for Bryant. I don't know what "they wanted all three traded" means. They didn't like what we could reasonably offer so they redirected to Baez. Which if true makes me feel less bad about not getting Bryant. I mean if the Cubs looked at our farm and said "No thanks," then so be it.
    Still the Mets gave more for Baez than they got for Bryant. Cubs May have thought that they could get more for Bryant, but reality is they did not. The market for Bryant was better as more teams were in on him. Yet I mention this before, who else was on Baez? Not the Dodgers, not the Padres, not the Yankees, Giants had eyes on Bryant, so who else was in on Baez?

Cubs played this smart or as good as they could.

Why deal Bryant to the Mets and get stuck with Baez?

In the end they got rid of both and yet somehow got the Mets to pay more Baez than the Giants did for Bryant because the Mets asked them to pay their salaries.

I prefer Bryant but Bryant canít play SS.

Crow is injured and had 32 PA professionally. His value will never be higher than it is now. He is going to have to perform when he gets back because the luster of being a #1 prospect is already fading.
    So your answers to my questions sounds like you agree Mets got played based on the market for rentals and even some of the better players that had another year left.

I prefer Bryant but Bryant canít play SS.

Crow is injured and had 32 PA professionally. His value will never be higher than it is now. He is going to have to perform when he gets back because the luster of being a #1 prospect is already fading.
    Also, I'd certainly make a bet with you that his value will eventually be higher than it was now. To say it'll never be higher than right now is a kinda strange statement. It could easily be higher as soon as he returns to the field

I seriously doubt Cano plays in Flushing anymore.
    Disagree. They have to pay him either way and wouldn't it have actually be nice to have him this year during all those injuries? He'll be here.

Weird enough, we missed his bat this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Disagree. They have to pay him either way and wouldn't it have actually be nice to have him this year during all those injuries? He'll be here.

Weird enough, we missed his bat this year.
    Cano proved last year that he can still hit and drive in runs, especially in the clutch. That is where we miss him the most this year. However, it looks like he has slid down at least 2 notches as the Mets second baseman next year, behind Baez and McNeil so unless the NL has the DH next year, where does Cano play? He ain't playing 1b for sure as was considered when they first traded for him and before Alonso played in the majors. I don't think Cano has ever been considered a third baseman whether with the Yankees or Seattle although that might be an option with the Mets.

Baez has indicated that if he is with the Mets, he would "consider" playing second base with Lindor of course at ss. Baez has not said anything about playing third base. I know the Mets are thinking about moving McNeil to left field when Lindor gets back to open up second base for Baez.

Cano is too expensive to have hanging around as a pinch hitter and occasional second baseman so maybe the Mets offer to trade him and send back a chunk of money to whichever team gets him.

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast