Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Mets media/fans are the only people saying we got fleeced.

PCA isnít even a top 100 guy. He could be, sure. But that might be two years down the road.

Mets fans are gonna love Baez. You might not. You usually dig your heels on stuff like this, so I doubt you will...but I bet the city loves him.

Time will tell.

For real tho...Mets fans are acting like the braves and Phillies had A+++ deadlines while we completely failed with an F.

Itís irrational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really, the Mets didnít do anything better than a C and you canít spin that any other way.

Kelenic was #62 overall, PCA couldíve been held onto and used as bait for something better when he hit the top 100. Mets traded him while he was injured, they sold very low.

Itís the same logic, doesnít matter if heís the next coming of Bonds or not, he has more value than a rental with a sub .300 OBP.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Scott talking about nobody can replace deGrom, but fact remains that you can get guys that are better than Hill or ****ing Williams incase you donít get him back or just for the simple fact that you need starters who are good for the stretch run.

Thatís a weak excuse man. Itís ****ing pathetic.

He must get his tutelage from Sandy. Slow and sleepy. The Mets should have been more aggressive from the start if they really wanted Berrios. See, here's the thing. The Padres, Dodgers, Yankees, don't wait till the last couple of hours of the deadline to acquire impact pieces and they are willing to give up multiple prospects for controllable assets.

The Mets wait, wait, wait till Berrios goes elsewhere and trade PCA for a 2 month rental.

Mets media/fans are the only people saying we got fleeced.

PCA isnít even a top 100 guy. He could be, sure. But that might be two years down the road.

Mets fans are gonna love Baez. You might not. You usually dig your heels on stuff like this, so I doubt you will...but I bet the city loves him.

Time will tell.

For real tho...Mets fans are acting like the braves and Phillies had A+++ deadlines while we completely failed with an F.

Itís irrational.

The problem I have is this...

Who is better, Bryant or Baez?

Who was traded for the better prospect(s)?

What prospect better than PCA was traded for a rental?

I can think of multiple rentals better than Baez that went for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Really, the Mets didnít do anything better than a C and you canít spin that any other way.

Kelenic was #62 overall, PCA couldíve been held onto and used as bait for something better when he hit the top 100. Mets traded him while he was injured, they sold very low.

Itís the same logic, doesnít matter if heís the next coming of Bonds or not, he has more value than a rental with a sub .300 OBP.

C? Fine. Thatís better than how yíall are acting.

But also, donít expect Duvall/Soler or Rich Rodriguez to do much either.

I see their moves as pretty meh.

The yanks did not give up a better prospect than PCA for Gallo.

The yanks did not give up a better prospect than PCA for Gallo.

Agree. And that's the problem. We panicked. We gave up the most for any rental, and more than the price of Gallo who has another year left and Richard Rodriguez who has another 2 years left.

We overpaid based on the market. That's all.

C? Fine. Thatís better than how yíall are acting.

But also, donít expect Duvall/Soler or Rich Rodriguez to do much either.

I see their moves as pretty meh.

Mets didnít do enough, thatís the problem. In a vacuum, the Baez move wouldíve been fine. It still wasnít enough. Mets needed another bat and another pitcher as neither Williams/Baez moves the needle.

If the Mets somehow got Berrios, Bryant, Tyler Anderson, or one of the relievers that were moved, I wouldíve been happier.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

One of the few good things is the Mets will be among the first (competitive) teams to be able to claim someone on waivers. The bad thing is the Phillies and Braves will have those chances before we do but that should allow them to get a RP before August 31st and hopefully a decent one.

Didn't they get rid of that this year?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Didn't they get rid of that this year?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, you're right. I completely forgot they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Mets didnít do enough, thatís the problem. In a vacuum, the Baez move wouldíve been fine. It still wasnít enough. Mets needed another bat and another pitcher as neither Williams/Baez moves the needle.

If the Mets somehow got Berrios, Bryant, Tyler Anderson, or one of the relievers that were moved, I wouldíve been happier.

I whole heartedly agree with the second paragraph. Hence, why I also agree, that itís not a perfect trade deadline for us. Iím fine with your grade of C.

The first sentence in the first paragraph, I disagree with. Speaking in absolutes before we even know whatís gonna happen.

Management is banking on our players playing like the back of their baseball cards. I donít blame them for that. I donít think any one player is gonna take us over the top if our regulars donít find their rhythm.

I think Baez is important for the time being because Guillorme/Davis/Villar are not everyday players...theyíve been getting exposed. Baez can help with that immediately. And then more so once Lindor gets back.

Conforto and Smith have proven to be capable players. But they need to do that this season for us to have a chance. Lindor as well once he gets back.

Long way to go.

Canít say Iím mad about the deadline though. Even though I agree, it COULD have been better.

Donít know if itís true or if itís been mentioned in here...

But Iíve read several times the Twins asking price from the Mets was Dom & Mauricio for Berrios.

Berrios makes sense balking at.

They could of had Maeda if they were not being cheap again though.

Berrios makes sense balking at.

They could of had Maeda if they were not being cheap again though.

Any idea what the package was for him and Donaldson?

Donít know if itís true or if itís been mentioned in here...

But Iíve read several times the Twins asking price from the Mets was Dom & Mauricio for Berrios.

Yeah I wouldíve passed on that, too. Iím fine with not getting him at that price, but Bryant? What did Kimbrel go for? And why give away anything of value for Baez and cash? I donít understand.

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast