Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I’m with you. JD can get traded. Not sure who I wouldn’t trade. Oh wait, deGrom, lol. Other than that they’re all tradable, IMO. And I do expect trades to happen. Our new owner has got to be upset with how his team is performing
    The only thing he has to be upset about is the offense. The roster is good, but injuries are murdering us.

A lot of what the trade deadline will bring depends on what the Mets also plan to do this winter. If The Mets are in on a Kris Bryant in FA, maybe now is the time to trade for him. Bryant can then be the offensive replacement for Conforto (Who I HATE to lose) adding another solid RH bat. Then replacing RF is a lot easier than finding a stud 3B.

I am still not sold on Billy McKinney as an everyday player, but Kevin Pillar in RF with Bryant at 3B is better than Conforto/Davis IMO. The Mets heading into October with Alonso, McNiel, Lindor, Bryant, Smith, Nimmo, Conforto, McCann is pretty tight, a lineup every bit as good as anyone in the NL. McKinney, Pillar, Villar, Guillorme, Almora, Nido is a really good bench.
    A man among food. Chef Rocco.

As far as the rotation goes, it all hinges on Carrasco. Is this guy going to actually pitch this year? How in heavens name does a Hamstring injury last over 3 months? We will most likely need a depth piece in that rotation. Who is out there on a one year deal that we can trade for just to eat innings?

Getting anything out of Thor is a blessing. Like when Schwarber joined the Cubs in the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    A lot of what the trade deadline will bring depends on what the Mets also plan to do this winter. If The Mets are in on a Kris Bryant in FA, maybe now is the time to trade for him. Bryant can then be the offensive replacement for Conforto (Who I HATE to lose) adding another solid RH bat. Then replacing RF is a lot easier than finding a stud 3B.

I am still not sold on Billy McKinney as an everyday player, but Kevin Pillar in RF with Bryant at 3B is better than Conforto/Davis IMO. The Mets heading into October with Alonso, McNiel, Lindor, Bryant, Smith, Nimmo, Conforto, McCann is pretty tight, a lineup every bit as good as anyone in the NL. McKinney, Pillar, Villar, Guillorme, Almora, Nido is a really good bench.
    Kris Bryant is certainly not being traded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Josh Donaldson, Nick Castellanos, Eduardo Escobar, maybe Matt Chapman if the A’s sell low and want to find ML talent to replace him, Adam Frazier, Bryan Reynolds, John Schoop, Kyle Seager, and Ty France are all potential offensive options. Mark Cahna would also be really nice but I doubt he goes anywhere.

I wouldn’t mind the Mets buying low on Suarez and Wade Miley or Luis Castillo. if that were possible.

I’d definitely consider Merril Kelly and Eduardo Escobar in a deal, that’d help and wouldn’t cost a ton.

Tigers have guys like Boyd, Candelario, Schoop, Fulmer, and Grossman. I doubt the Tigers want to hold on to players that won’t necessarily be a part of their future.

Mets could use some innings eaters, the day off is gonna help quite a bit but it’d be nice to see Walker and Peterson both go deep in the double header. 6 innings or complete games would be ideal, and let deGrom loose on saturday, not worrying about his pitch count or anything. 8 innings of one run ball would be fantastic, and surprisingly not unreasonable lol.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Josh Donaldson, Nick Castellanos, Eduardo Escobar, maybe Matt Chapman if the A’s sell low and want to find ML talent to replace him, Adam Frazier, Bryan Reynolds, John Schoop, Kyle Seager, and Ty France are all potential offensive options. Mark Cahna would also be really nice but I doubt he goes anywhere.

I wouldn’t mind the Mets buying low on Suarez and Wade Miley or Luis Castillo. if that were possible.

I’d definitely consider Merril Kelly and Eduardo Escobar in a deal, that’d help and wouldn’t cost a ton.

Tigers have guys like Boyd, Candelario, Schoop, Fulmer, and Grossman. I doubt the Tigers want to hold on to players that won’t necessarily be a part of their future.

Mets could use some innings eaters, the day off is gonna help quite a bit but it’d be nice to see Walker and Peterson both go deep in the double header. 6 innings or complete games would be ideal, and let deGrom loose on saturday, not worrying about his pitch count or anything. 8 innings of one run ball would be fantastic, and surprisingly not unreasonable lol.
    I dont see the A's being sellers at all. The Reds are realistically in that Central race and race for the WC too. The problem is there aren't a ton of bottom feeders and the ones that are dont have a ton of realistic or intriguing options. I would want Max Scherer before any other SP but I dont see the Nationals trading him in division and if they do it would be an extraordinary price.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I dont see the A's being sellers at all. The Reds are realistically in that Central race and race for the WC too. The problem is there aren't a ton of bottom feeders and the ones that are dont have a ton of realistic or intriguing options. I would want Max Scherer before any other SP but I dont see the Nationals trading him in division and if they do it would be an extraordinary price.
    The Nats are surging right now too, so unless they fall off the cliff, they aren’t trading Scherzer.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    The Nats are surging right now too, so unless they fall off the cliff, they aren’t trading Scherzer.
    I dont think the Nationals will be close in the division and the WC in the NL will be the Giants, Dodgers, Padres, Cubs or Brewers. I dont see the Nationals continuing how they've played of late either but sure, if they are, they probably won't be sellers.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-24-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I mention a few guys the other day.

Danny Duffy stands out as a guy that will be move. He is having a phenomenal year.

Mike Minor who the Nets have had interest in the past is a guy that will give you innings and be solid back end guy.

Guys from the Angels

Andrew Heany
    Alex Cobb
    Jose Quintana

Jon Gray another guy who will be a FA and could be a solid mid rotation guy here.

The Mets don’t need aces, they need a solid mid rotation guy who can get you innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I mention a few guys the other day.

Danny Duffy stands out as a guy that will be move. He is having a phenomenal year.

Mike Minor who the Nets have had interest in the past is a guy that will give you innings and be solid back end guy.

Guys from the Angels

Andrew Heany
    Alex Cobb
    Jose Quintana

Jon Gray another guy who will be a FA and could be a solid mid rotation guy here.

The Mets don’t need aces, they need a solid mid rotation guy who can get you innings.

Yeah SP seems easier to find than position players. I bring up Scherzer only because it would be amazing to go into a playoff series with deGrom, Scherzer, Stroman, Walker, then you could use Carrasco and/or Syndergaard out of the pen. Pipe dream I know but yeah, a middle/back of the rotation piece is more likely.

I'm not concerned with finding pitching though. I'm worried about the offense and the lack of quality position players readily available on mediocre teams.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-24-2021 at 08:02 PM.

If they go for hitting the guy to get is Marte, but be ready to give up a couple of top prospects maybe 3.

If they go for hitting the guy to get is Marte, but be ready to give up a couple of top prospects maybe 3.

Yeah and I dont think the Mets will make a move of that magnitude even though I think that's the guy most of us would want.

Marte is a great fit but at almost 33 yo I wouldn't give up any of our top 5 prospects for him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Marte is a great fit but at almost 33 yo I wouldn't give up any of our top 5 prospects for him right now.
    I think he's talking about Ketel Marte.

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast