Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1013

Thread: Trade Rumors

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,844
    Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

    Mets need to make a move at least for an innings eater type, they have no depth left really.


    Metsmerized@Metsmerized

    Joey Lucchesi has a significant tear of his UCL, per @SteveGelbs.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    15,659

    Trade Rumors

    I guess Donaldson is still under contract for three more years after this season so maybe not

    He will be 38 by the end of that, so probably wonít want that contract on the books after this year. Donít mind me.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    25,854
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I guess Donaldson is still under contract for three more years after this season so maybe not

    He will be 38 by the end of that, so probably wonít want that contract on the books after this year. Donít mind me.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I doubt the Twins want it either.

    Maybe Donaldson + Happ or Pineda, Twins relieve a lot of salary so it may not cost much in return.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

    Mets need to make a move at least for an innings eater type, they have no depth left really.


    Metsmerized@Metsmerized

    Joey Lucchesi has a significant tear of his UCL, per @SteveGelbs.
    I guess those churves arenít kind on the UCL.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    15,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I doubt the Twins want it either.

    Maybe Donaldson + Happ or Pineda, Twins relieve a lot of salary so it may not cost much in return.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right but would we want another old vet on the books for 20 per year? Probably not.

    I would love his attitude and tenacity around our team tho. We need someone with some nuts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    7,236
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I wouldnít trade Alvarez, Baty, or Ronny.

    Anyone else, is on the table for the right guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    By right guy do you mean an impact player? If so, I don't see how the Mets get one without giving up one of three players mentioned. No one else in the minors really moves the needle.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    7,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mike Stanton.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that something you would want the Mets to consider if it meant giving up not much more than money?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    15,659
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Is that something you would want the Mets to consider if it meant giving up not much more than money?
    I donít know who the available rental players are currently, I donít keep up much with other teams, but teams trading guys on expiring contracts donít have a ton of leverage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    111,368
    Guys that are FA that should be available and Mets should consider are.

    Jon Gray
    Alex Cobb
    Danny Duffy - who is having a phenomenal year.
    Michael Pineda - but is hurt right now
    Andrew Heaney
    Jon Lester

    Considering the Mets donít need top of the rotation guys these guys should be available and hopefully not cost much as top prospects.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    8,334
    Right now the only trade piece we have is JD Davis. I like the way Villar is playing 3rd base. He provides excellent base stealing speed too. I would go with him as the everyday 3rd baseman and think about trading Davis for more pitching.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    25,854
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Right now the only trade piece we have is JD Davis. I like the way Villar is playing 3rd base. He provides excellent base stealing speed too. I would go with him as the everyday 3rd baseman and think about trading Davis for more pitching.
    With this offense, you need JDs bat in there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    15,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    With this offense, you need JDs bat in there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The offense sucked when he was healthy, and we werenít winning either. Putting Davis in the field is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    25,854
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The offense sucked when he was healthy, and we werenít winning either. Putting Davis in the field is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.
    JD Davis was hitting lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    15,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    JD Davis was hitting lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We werenít scoring though.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,532
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    We werenít scoring though.

    Iím with you. JD can get traded. Not sure who I wouldnít trade. Oh wait, deGrom, lol. Other than that theyíre all tradable, IMO. And I do expect trades to happen. Our new owner has got to be upset with how his team is performing

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •