Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Chafin goes to the A's.

Damn that was a guy I wanted for Mets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we get Kimbrel with Bryant/Daez

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Bryant Kimbrel I assume would cost JT Ginn and some combination of other a couple other top 30 prospects, probably one or two of Alex Ramirez, Palmer, Santos... And one or two outside the top 30.

I don't know that we need to pay the price it'll cost for Kimbrel. His 2019 and 2020 seasons scare me. A change of scenery for a dominating RP doesn't always work out, as we've seen with Diaz.

We can probably get Bryant alone with none of our top 6-7 prospects, and go for another RP like OAK just did with Chafin, who'll still fill a late inning need, but not cost our top prospects. Ryan Tepera can easily be a throw in on a Bryant deal, as he's also a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Hopefully we get Kimbrel with Bryant/Daez

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Did you see Baez after his walk-off last night? Pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Did you see Baez after his walk-off last night? Pretty funny.
    I saw it, but must have missed something. What was that all about

i bet javy baez is gonna be traded before todays game lol,

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I saw it, but must have missed something. What was that all about

Apparently they had a history.

Yeah I really don’t want Baez.

Him and Lindor are 1/2 for the most overrated guys in the game…Lindor is at least likable. The majority of the 2016 Cubs are whiny little brats, honestly.

Hope AG takes Baez down today lol.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah I really don’t want Baez.

Him and Lindor are 1/2 for the most overrated guys in the game…Lindor is at least likable. The majority of the 2016 Cubs are whiny little brats, honestly.

Hope AG takes Baez down today lol.

Eh. I don't like how Baez reacted by hitting a fly ball that would have been an out if it mattered and the fielder cared to catch it. Acting like that on basically a sac fly? Gimme a break.

But also, Amir Garrett acts like that too and he's one of the worst RP's in the game.

Anyone worried that Kumar Rocker hasn't signed yet?

Drat and double drat.

We missed the boat on Clay Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Eh. I don't like how Baez reacted by hitting a fly ball that would have been an out if it mattered and the fielder cared to catch it. Acting like that on basically a sac fly? Gimme a break.

But also, Amir Garrett acts like that too and he's one of the worst RP's in the game.
    I don't know much about his personality, but his K rates are really troubling. Already 130 Ks in 2021, on pace for a career-worst 200 strikeouts. Not a fit for this lineup, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I don't know much about his personality, but his K rates are really troubling. Already 130 Ks in 2021, on pace for a career-worst 200 strikeouts. Not a fit for this lineup, IMO.
    Yea I don't want Baez either, however, if the cost is low and he ends up being our best available addition at a reasonable price, I'll take it.

So as y’all know, I ****ing love the trade deadline and I’ve trying to dissect a lot of the candidates that are on the block but it feels odd this year, maybe because last year was so weird. So I’ve been trying to compile a list of guys who will be traded and who I think is probably the best addition for the Mets.

We’ll get this one out do the way first…Guys who I don’t think are likely to be traded:

Jose Ramirez, Kyle Hendricks, Ketel Marte, Joey Gallo, Meril Kelly, German Marquez, Byron Buxton, Taylor Rogers, Cedric Mullins and Trea Turner…could be missing a few guys.

Guys who I think will get traded:

Starting pitchers:

Max Scherzer
    Tyler Anderson
    John Gray
    Zach Davies
    Jose Berrios (maybe? this one is conflicting)
    Kyle Gibson
    Danny Duffy
    Michael Pineda

Relievers:

Craig Kimbrel
    Ian Kennedy
    Joakim Soria
    Richard Rodriguez
    Ryan Tepera
    Daniel Hudson

Position players:

Kris Bryant
    Javier Baez
    Anthony Rizzo
    Trevor Story
    Johnathon Schoop
    Whitt Merrifield
    Eduardo Escobar
    Starling Marte
    Josh Donaldson

I’d like to see the Mets get a RHB…preferably Bryant, I’d be okay with Story, too. Donaldson only if the Mets get Berrios back, too.

As far as pitchers go, I think Scherzer ends up on the Giants or Padres. Outside of Scherzer, I’d want to see the Mets get Gray or Anderson. For relievers, Kimbrel is at the top of my list but Daniel Hudson and Ian Kennedy would be strong #2s

Whatever pitcher the Mets get, I think putting a 6 man rotation when everyone is healthy is the smart thing to do…also makes pushing the starters a little easier. deGrom/Stroman/Walker/Carrasco/Megill/Anderson would be a great 6 man.

I think the Mets end up with Bryant or Story…we also get a pitcher or two back from either team. Davies + Tepera from the Cubs or Gray from the Rockies…we’ll see.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast