Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    What about Donaldson? He is owed quite a bit the next two years so he should be cheap prospect wise.
    Think they could get him for JD+? With no DH and Dom/Pete on the team JD is expendable. Obviously his current health poses a problem.

I think the Twins would be happy just to unload him

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Donaldson would be a cool acquisition.

I think the priority should be starting pitching and third base. Center field somewhat further behind.

Candelario and Boyd would be an interesting package deal from the Tigers. Robbie Grossman has been mentioned a lot, too.

If the reds were willing to trade Castellano, Miley, Castillo, Gray, or Suarez, Iíd definitely consider that too.

I doubt the Orioles move Means or Mullins but theyíd both be great option. Santander and Mancini would be good acquisitions too. I see Mancini staying out, though. Coming back from cancer and kicking *** probably has him as something of a folk hero in that clubhouse.

Maybe call the Mariners about Seager, too.

Dbacks have Ketel Marte who would be super valuable. Escobar, Peralta, and Locastro are all other interesting picks.

Giants have a lot of nice pieces but I think theyíre legit and wonít sell. Having Zaidi at the helm must help.

Kyle Gibson or Mike Minor from the Rangers? Go ahead and grab Gallo or somebody while youíre at it.

Probably a lot of other guys but I wonder if thereís a trade to be made with a contender. Maybe trade a pitcher to the Astros for Aledmys Diaz, or something. Iíd like to see something sooner rather than later, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SP is going to be a must, especially considering how often they push Carrasco's return back. You need a prayer for any relevant Syndergaard return as well. Would love to get a CFeer or a 3rd baseman but we'll see.

Two guys who Iíd keep an eye on

Max Scherzer - final year of his contract, Nats are out and likely want to recoup some of that salary as well as grab a prospect for a rebuild

Mitch Haniger - heís got another year left on his contract, I can see him being a Conforto replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post

Max Scherzer - final year of his contract, Nats are out and likely want to recoup some of that salary as well as grab a prospect for a rebuild

Mitch Haniger - heís got another year left on his contract, I can see him being a Conforto replacement
    If they trade Scherzer to the division... Wow

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    If they trade Scherzer to the division... Wow

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I donít think they care, I donít think we have a massive rivalry with them like we do with the Phillies.
    Iím sure lots of teams will be inquiring, hopefully the remaining salary scares them off

A playoff rotation of Degrom, Scherzer, Stroman, Walker with Syndergaard in the pen is terrorizing

I donít think they care, I donít think we have a massive rivalry with them like we do with the Phillies.
    Iím sure lots of teams will be inquiring, hopefully the remaining salary scares them off

A playoff rotation of Degrom, Scherzer, Stroman, Walker with Syndergaard in the pen is terrorizing
    Did...did you just put Noah Syndergaard in the pen?

Part of me wants Bartolo back.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I dont think Alderson has the baseball guts to make a move of that magnitude. You put Scherzer in that rotation and they are the NL favorites imo. Throw Daniel Hudson in that deal (assuming he is healthy) while you're at it.

scherzer/means or gibson we would probably have to give up alvarez for means or scherzer but maaaan we would have one of the best rotations ever.

Quote Originally Posted by olimets02 View Post
    scherzer/means or gibson we would probably have to give up alvarez for means or scherzer but maaaan we would have one of the best rotations ever.
    If the Mets were willing to take on most of the deferred money, probably not.

If the Nats do indeed want to trade Scherzer, then the Dodgers, Padres or White Sox would get a better return than the Mets could give .

Also, the White Sox really want to win a WS for Reinsdorf who is getting on in age and Scherzer would be a perfect fit for them.

What about Starling Marte from the Marlins ? Although when Nimmo comes back what do you do with Pillar and Nimmo ? Love Pillar . He reminds me of the old Mets like Backman and Dykstra .
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 06-15-2021 at 07:05 AM.

If the Mets were willing to take on most of the deferred money, probably not.
    yup this deadline is gonna exciting imo we can get any player at the deadline we could do some dodger **** and eat up stupid contracts like price

Part of me wants Bartolo back.
    He did pitch a complete game the other day with 90 or so pitches.

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast