Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

José Berríos makes a ton of sense for the Mets with Marcus Stroman and Noah Syndergaard both free agents after the season.

In terms of how good he's been in 2021, his 2.3 fWAR is the same as Taijuan Walker.
    Berrios would be a great pickup. I strongly believe that Thor will take the QO to reset his value in the FA market. Stroman is a goner I think. And i am OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    Berrios would be a great pickup. I strongly believe that Thor will take the QO to reset his value in the FA market. Stroman is a goner I think. And i am OK with that.
    I don't think Noah will receive a QO. He hasn't pitched in 2 years.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

We shouldn't even entertain a Bryant deal with any of our top 6 mlb.com prospects involved, or Vientos who is #8 unless he is part of a bigger trade that also brings back Kimbrel.

As bad as Kimbrel was in 2019 and 2020, we need to be careful overpaying for 3 months of dominance this year. Would anyone really be surprised if his second half isn't even half as good?

Having Bryant at 3B might not even be that much of an upgrade over Villar/Davis/Guillorme. He's already struggled a lot lately after a super hot 2 months to start the season. Look at his last month compared to the rest of his season. Night and day.

All I'm saying is - BE CAREFUL.

If we end up trading Ginn and/or Vientos, I'd rather it be for a Berrios/Donaldson combo than Bryant/Kimbrel.

The Mets are to be looking at Tyler Anderson along with Bryant and Kimbrell.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

SNY@SNYtv

Tyler Anderson is on the Mets' radar as a potential trade target (via
    @martinonyc
    ) https://on.sny.tv/0ylvCSi

The fact that the Braves and Nats look to be buyers is interesting. The Braves have 5 against us coming up, so it makes sense that they acted now on Pederson.

Tyler Anderson makes sense for Mets because he should not cost too much and with Carrasco back they might buyer need a back end guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    The fact that the Braves and Nats look to be buyers is interesting. The Braves have 5 against us coming up, so it makes sense that they acted now on Pederson.
    Good let them be buyers.
    It will weaken their farms as they are left on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Good let them be buyers.
    It will weaken their farms as they are left on the outside looking in.
    Agreed.

Although I fear we are going to try to go all-in and trade big prospects for guys that will be free agents after this year or next. I don't like that if we're trading any of our top 5

I have a proposal.

Mets trade:

Everybody

Mets get:

Different players

If the guys we have are going to continue being offensively challenged, then Kris Bryant isn't going to make much of a difference here.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Agreed.

Although I fear we are going to try to go all-in and trade big prospects for guys that will be free agents after this year or next. I don't like that if we're trading any of our top 5
    . Doubtful. Both Sandy and Cohen have made it clear that they are trading their big prospects. In their own words they need to replenish the farm system not weaken it

If the guys we have are going to continue being offensively challenged, then Kris Bryant isn't going to make much of a difference here.
    Exactly. JD Davis and Nimmo both raked and neither made a difference.

We shouldn't even entertain a Bryant deal with any of our top 6 mlb.com prospects involved, or Vientos who is #8 unless he is part of a bigger trade that also brings back Kimbrel.

As bad as Kimbrel was in 2019 and 2020, we need to be careful overpaying for 3 months of dominance this year. Would anyone really be surprised if his second half isn't even half as good?

Having Bryant at 3B might not even be that much of an upgrade over Villar/Davis/Guillorme. He's already struggled a lot lately after a super hot 2 months to start the season. Look at his last month compared to the rest of his season. Night and day.

All I'm saying is - BE CAREFUL.

If we end up trading Ginn and/or Vientos, I'd rather it be for a Berrios/Donaldson combo than Bryant/Kimbrel.
    I agree with virtually everything you are posting , except in my opinion Donaldson contract is too big. I believe it has 2 more years to run and next year along with Lindor and Cano's contract , Jake can opt out after next season .Making sure he does not has to be a priority. Berrios could be fine , but I would rather have Hendricks if he is available.

I do not think that there is one hitter on the market who by himself could turn our offense around unless the Angels want to trade Ohani or Trout, The Blue Jays Guerrero Jr. or the Padres Tatis Jr., none of which will ever happen.

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast