Quote Originally Posted by MetsExtreme1986 View Post
    My trade target candidates I would like to see the Mets acquire:

1. German Marquez
    2. Kris Bryant
    3. Craig Kimbrel
    4. Kyle Hendricks
    5. Jose Berrios
    6. Jose Ramirez

Iíd be ecstatic if we got Marquez and Bryant. They are 2 guys that would really help big time to bolster both the rotation and lineup and would be fine those 2 as our deadline acquisitions (the 2 I want the most). I know our bullpen has been good already, but damn can you imagine if we added Kimbrel to it. Sign me up for a late inning combo of Lugo/Kimbrel/Diaz to close the last 3 innings. Hendricks and Berrios would be great adds as well. Jose Ramirez I know is a long shot. But hey canít blame me for trying, sometimes there are surprises when you least expect them.

In the end, should be a fun deadline to see who the Mets pursue and acquire.
    Iíve always liked Kyle Hendricks, Iím sure heíd cost quite a bit as heís a solid #3 with a reasonable salary the next few years

Joe Pantorno@JoePantorno

Source this AM suggests #Mets would be willing to go over luxury tax threshold to add necessary pitching depth/3B (like Josh Donaldson) near deadline.

@martinonyc
    first reported interest in Donaldson last week & "internal calculations" that they're < $10 million shy of LTT.

The Mets love Kris Bryant

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayer22

5m
    Mets are one of the teams showing interest in 2B/OF Adam Frazier of the Pirates per
    @JonHeyman

Frazier his hitting .326/.396/.461 this season and is under team control through the 2022 season.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

8m
    Mets are another team in on All-Star 2B Adam Frazier, as I should said on #MLBCentral
    @MLBNetwork

Jon Gray is someone I think we can get for a low cost.
    era-3.94/fip-4.12/x-FIP-4.21/ fWAR-1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

8m
    Mets are another team in on All-Star 2B Adam Frazier, as I should said on #MLBCentral
    @MLBNetwork
    Wonder what they do with McNeil

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

Third base, his natural position.

If there is any truth to the Frazier rumor, it would be great if they could get it done before they play the Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Third base, his natural position.
    I thought 2B was his natural position...

I thought 2B was his natural position...

It is.

Trade bait?

Multi purpose player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    It is.

Trade bait?

Multi purpose player.

Maybe thereís more to the Lindor/McNeil thing than we know

You beat me to the punch . I was going to post the exact question. Move him to 3B ?

I also don't know why the Mets and fans are hesitant about Donaldson due to his contract. He is essentially a 2 year 50M contract, which isn't ideal but not the worst thing either. He has had injuries the past two years but he's also a very good bat and in my opinion, worth the risk. If we are talking about Bryant as a potential rental who would cost a pretty good prospect, why not Donaldson who won't cost much? We have an owner who can eat the contract.

And Donaldson is way more consistent of a bat than Bryant, not as flashy but way more consistent.

If he was not that old and injury prone the last few years, then I would not mind, but I dunno man. Another old dude?

Lot more speculation that Bryant will be traded.

Mauricio + Szapucki + a lower spec for Bryant, Kimbrel, and Davies. Who says no?

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast