Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The problem is Davis can't play the position and Villar isn't the type of impact offensive player the Mets need in this lineup. If this team wants to make a real run at the WS, they need to improve their offense. Would be nice to improve their bullpen too. I'm not sold we need a SP. I think they'll be fine the rest of the way with deGrom, Megill, Carrasco, Stroman, Walker, Stock and a returning Peterson, Gsellman, and hopefully Syndergaard.
    Conversely...I think Mets are playing with fire with the pitching..specifically more so with the BP. They were heavily used and schedule being harder 2nd half and cracks already showing..its high on the list of needs..IF cookie returns..im willing to stand pat there..think the offense will improve..and for 3b specifically..think we can manage with the combination of guys we got..if a better alternative that can be acquired CHEAPLY..then I'll listen..but Bryant seems like the apple of their eye..and think he will be target and their is mutual interest..so why blow up the minors..just wait.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Giving up Vientos AND Ginn for a rental at 3B sounds like bad business to me.

Especially when a combo of Villar/Davis should be at least league average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Davis is atrocious at 3rd.
    This team is better with Villar as a super utility player.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The problem is Davis can't play the position and Villar isn't the type of impact offensive player the Mets need in this lineup. If this team wants to make a real run at the WS, they need to improve their offense. Would be nice to improve their bullpen too. I'm not sold we need a SP. I think they'll be fine the rest of the way with deGrom, Megill, Carrasco, Stroman, Walker, Stock and a returning Peterson, Gsellman, and hopefully Syndergaard.
    I agree that the Mets need relievers, but late game relievers. They have adequate long and middle relievers but Diaz is not an everyday closer nor a multiple inning reliever, and at times implodes. Another "closer" would be the item to look for. Lugo is not that type of "closer", just look at his stats in the closer role (specifically saves per save opportunities).

Another mid rotation starter allows someone like Megill or Peterson (or both) to work into the pen and maybe find a role in the late innings.

So I hope the Mets are going at this where they are looking for 2 of the following:

o Mid-rotation starter
    o Third baseman
    o Closer

Guys like Davis, Guillorme, Peraza, McKinney and even Dom Smith and maybe even Michael Conforto should be the bait. The Mets should try to refrain from dealing any of their top 10 prospects but anyone else should be available.

A trade with the Cubs that would net the Mets Bryant and Kimbrell would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I agree that the Mets need relievers, but late game relievers. They have adequate long and middle relievers but Diaz is not an everyday closer nor a multiple inning reliever, and at times implodes. Another "closer" would be the item to look for. Lugo is not that type of "closer", just look at his stats in the closer role (specifically saves per save opportunities).

Another mid rotation starter allows someone like Megill or Peterson (or both) to work into the pen and maybe find a role in the late innings.

So I hope the Mets are going at this where they are looking for 2 of the following:

o Mid-rotation starter
    o Third baseman
    o Closer

Guys like Davis, Guillorme, Peraza, McKinney and even Dom Smith and maybe even Michael Conforto should be the bait. The Mets should try to refrain from dealing any of their top 10 prospects but anyone else should be available.
    The only guys who have any value among the players you mentioned are JD and maybe Dom Smith. No one wants guys like McKinney, Guillorme, Peraza, etc. Its going to take prospects to acquire a guy like Bryant. Same with any notable RP. RP will take lesser prospects to get of course.

The hope is that maybe the Cubs want JD Davis because he still has 3 years of control left and they wouldn't have to solely take prospects back in a deal. I don't know if they're willing to do that but he makes sense as obvious trade bait.

RP are a need on this team though. They have 3 dependable guys in Diaz, Loup and Lugo. Everyone else is shaky and Drew Smith isn't a guy i would call reliable yet.

Ernest Dove@ernestdove

Now more than ever I believe Jeremy Hefner has been doing really well with this staff along with his asst Ricky Meinhold. Jose Berrios seems to be a good solid back end guy with another year of control. As a prospect hugger I'm open to suggestions on who needs to go in package

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Ernest Dove@ernestdove

Now more than ever I believe Jeremy Hefner has been doing really well with this staff along with his asst Ricky Meinhold. Jose Berrios seems to be a good solid back end guy with another year of control. As a prospect hugger I'm open to suggestions on who needs to go in package
    I think heís certainly more than a back end guy, I think he can be a really solid two.

Heís one guy Iíd be willing to part with a top prospect for.

Thereís no way in hell Mets are trading Ginn for a Rental. Just because we got Kumar doesnít mean ginn is expendable. Mets have made it clear they are not trading their big prospects. Hell even in the Lindor/Carrasco trade they refused to. As much as I really liked Wolf and Greene they werenít above guys like Alvarez, Mauricio, Baty, Allan, and Ginn

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Thereís no way in hell Mets are trading Ginn for a Rental. Just because we got Kumar doesnít mean ginn is expendable. Mets have made it clear they are not trading their big prospects. Hell even in the Lindor/Carrasco trade they refused to. As much as I really liked Wolf and Greene they werenít above guys like Alvarez, Mauricio, Baty, Allan, and Ginn
    They traded Amed and Gimenez, that is quite a bit of young talent.

I think heís certainly more than a back end guy, I think he can be a really solid two.

Heís one guy Iíd be willing to part with a top prospect for.

He's a good pitcher and would make Stroman expendable in the off season, not that I want to resign Marcus.

He's a good pitcher and would make Stroman expendable in the off season, not that I want to resign Marcus.
    Considering I think Berrios has upside similar to Wheeler, Iíd be fully on board.

They traded Amed and Gimenez, that is quite a bit of young talent.
    I understand that but with lindor and McNeil here they really had no place to play. When it comes to pitching you can never have enough. Plus Last years draft was built mostly around Ginn just like Allan and Kumar in the others years draft. Iím pretty confident Ginn isnít going anywhere

Yeah I donít think Ginn is going anywhere. The Mets are not deep with young arms like they had when they traded Fulmer.

Also I think if Carrasco has a solid two weeks here and Megill stays doing relatively well the Mets will not trade for a starter.

Considering I think Berrios has upside similar to Wheeler, Iíd be fully on board.

Wheeler is the 2nd best pitcher in the game right now.

Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast