Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    what u think resigning baez would cost
    150-250 million….at least that is what he will be asking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also got Trevor Williams

Lol him and Lindor are 1 and 2 for most overrated in baseball…I’ve been saying that for a while.

Gonna be sexy defense but not that good hitting. Baez sucks against curves, just like the Mets. This move hardly moves the needle imo.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

We have a better chance to sign Baez than we do to sign Bryant, in fact Bryant has indicated he might be willing to re-sign with the Cubs where Baez says he wants to play with Lindor.

If the Cubs are still looking for Alvarez like they were in the off-season or if they insist on one of our top 10 prospects (which includes Vientos) in return for Bryant, then Baez becomes the better signing for a "rental" player. But it all depends on the rest of the deal.

Baez can play anywhere in the field but has indicated he only moves off ss to move to 2b for Lindor playing ss. Until Lindor returns, Baez obviously would be the ss.

A combo of Baez and Guillorme up the middle, until Lindor gets back, is going to be a joy to watch defensively.

Probs won’t happen much, depending on what happens with McNeil...but I love watching both play defense (minus a couple plays by Guillorme recently).

Trying to be optimistic here.

Also, Baez will be playing for a big contract...so he has all the incentive in the world to play well.

I hope the trade didn’t involve anyone I love, but Baez is a legit freak on the field.

Cant wait for Baez to start a bench clearing brawl with the reds in his first game, get the popcorn ready

Mets will need to move someone. I can see a reliever or long shot Buxton.

And PHL getting Gibson and Kennedy. Lol

Quote me on this. I think met fans will love him and force ownership to resign him. Think he will be huge for us. Cespedes huge

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

David Lennon@DPLennon
    ·
    4m
    #Mets putting the wheels in motion for the $600M middle infield in 2022.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Heyman says Trevor Williams coming too

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    It’s 3:58 PM and the Mets have struck a deal to acquire Javier Baez from the Cubs. Baez is already on the way to the airport and is hoping to get to the stadium tonight.

Now it’s 9:27 PM, Baez is on the roster but is just getting to the stadium due to a COVID delay at the airport. Baez is anxious, channeling his inner Rajai Davis, he’s attempting to suit up and at least meet his teammates for the remainder of the game.

10:04 PM, Baez has arrived to the dugout and the game is a back and forth one, 8-7 bottom of the 9th. Rojas is getting to know Baez where suddenly he prompts, “are you available to hit?” Baez nods and peeks at the lineup card, he might get an at bat in the inning.

Brad Brach is in the game, attempting to close things out. Things aren’t going too smoothly as Guillorme made him throw a ton of pitches, but eventually drawing a walk. With Dom and Conforto due up, the Reds are pushed to bring in a lefty reliever - Amir Garrett.

Dom cracks the ball 103 mph the other way but the ball is caught by a speedy Akiyama. Conforto’s now up…or is he? After a tough day at the plate, Rojas goes with his gut and brings in his new right handed bat off the bench - Javier Baez. David Bell and Amir Garrett exchange glances, they had no idea that Baez was even at the stadium.

Garrett proceeds to have Vietnam war flashbacks of his encounters with Baez and Amir Garrett transforms into his alter ego - AG. AG let’s out a blood curling shriek, one that triggered every dog that lives in Flushing. Suddenly, AG grows horns and starts foaming from the mouth. “I’m gonna end you!” He says as his head turns in a 1080 degree circle. Baez looks at the moon and starts howling. Fangs grow from his mouth and fur from underneath his eyes…the fans are too drunk to even care.

The at bat starts and suddenly lightning is striking the stadium and Satan himself appears, wanting to watch this showdown. First pitch comes and Baez hits the ball so hard, the echo of the bat literally killed every small child in a 1000ft radius. The ball continues to travel at light speed and if it’s fair, it’s gone…boom, off the foul pole it goes. The foul pole collapses and breaks Gary DiSarcina’s pinky toe. Baez rounds the bases, he does a back flip, a cartwheel, and his best Simone Biles impression because doing the work on home plate. AG disappears into the shadows while FoC and Clay participate in an orgy.

And kids, that’s how I met your mother…I mean, that’s how Baez got his first hit as a Met.

Looks like I was an hour off but this is shaping up nicely.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    We also got Trevor Williams

Weren't the Mets involved trying to get him this past off season.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast