Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Out of all of BVW's trades, only Kelenic is the one I would consider as "I wish I could have him back". But those prospects, wow. Good job BVW. As for Wheeler, that travesty is squarely on the hands of the previous ownership. As for Matz, it is on the hands of Alderson.
    I donít buy that Wheeler was solely the fault of the Wilpons. I get that they didnít want to spent a lot of money, but that same winter they shelled out $11 mill per for Dellan GD Betances. Maybe Brodieís job was more difficult due to the financial constraints, and Iím sure Jeffy had more than his say in things, but Wheeler was Brodieís choice. Dudes the GM, you canít tell me if he wanted the guy back he wouldnít have been signed. People on this forum were perfectly okay with it, believing he would never put it together. Brodie likely felt the same way. He was dead wrong, but I bet thatís why he walked.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I donít buy that Wheeler was solely the fault of the Wilpons. I get that they didnít want to spent a lot of money, but that same winter they shelled out $11 mill per for Dellan GD Betances. Maybe Brodieís job was more difficult due to the financial constraints, and Iím sure Jeffy had more than his say in things, but Wheeler was Brodieís choice. Dudes the GM, you canít tell me if he wanted the guy back he wouldnít have been signed. People on this forum were perfectly okay with it, believing he would never put it together. Brodie likely felt the same way. He was dead wrong, but I bet thatís why he walked.
    theres no way they were ever paying wheeler 100 million plus regardless of brodie opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Any GM for the Wilpons had the constraint problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    SWR is pretty good and if they didn't have Stro and his 19 million dollar price tag, they would have gotten somebody else to fill the void. Maybe Zack Wheeler, you know the guy who is going to win the Cy Young.

JD is not the best hitter on this team. JD is slashing .225/.311/.425/wOBA-.321 since his return.

Diaz is good reliever.

Kelenic is a ****ing rookie with 140 PA. He & Dunn are worth much more than a reliever and Cano.

Sandy isn't the GM, and this team is in 1st place.
    This is like the argument of "if the guys weren't hurt the Bucks wouldn't have won the Finals."

One thing is sure and that's we got Stroman. There's no guarantee we would've been able to resign Wheeler.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Any predictions for what 4pm brings us?

I say (hope) we get Bryant, Iglesias from the Angels and a backend starter.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    theres no way they were ever paying wheeler 100 million plus regardless of brodie opinion
    Agreed. People seem to think it is an AAV thing and not a total salary thing. You think with how hard it was to do the DeGrom extension at 138M the Mets would just shell out 118M for Wheeler?

It was never about the AAV. Using the money they put in Stroman or Betances or etc is a horrible argument. It was never about AAV with the Wilpons but total amount of contract

Itís clear though this is just how Sandy does things. You have 3rd and 4th place teams making deals for a push and many contenders have made a couple deals and we are ďfar offĒ on a rental and Kyle Davies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berrios to Jays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...915580419?s=19

Berrios to Jays and the Rays are interested in Story, Kimbrel, Bryant. Meanwhile Sandy still trying to get the deal in his terms.

How I feel about it, is anytime you have a young pitcher (still in his 20s at the time) coming off a very good year. You have to at least attempt to sign him. If the "young" inexperienced GM is not seeing it correctly, the ownership should and could have stepped in and said I want you to sign him. The smell of **** is all over Jeffy and Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Any predictions for what 4pm brings us?

I say (hope) we get Bryant, Iglesias from the Angels and a backend starter.
    nothing

i think they hype up carrasco coming back as a deadline move and they bank on the offense figuring it out

Do you think that Steinbrenner (father or son) would have let Wheeler go to let's say the Red Sox in the same division. Do you think Steve Cohen would? It is the owners neglect and disinterest in this Mets team. Hey, Freddy would watch the Dodgers more frequently than he did the Mets, and made CitiField look very much like Ebbetts Field. He had absolutely no interest in the Mets.

Wow SWR main get for Berrios. That ****ing sucks.

Edit: oh **** and Austin Martin. Nevermind good nice return for Berrios. Glad we didn't beat that offer then.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    nothing

i think they hype up carrasco coming back as a deadline move and they bank on the offense figuring it out
    I am not surprised by your prediction.

Wow berrios got a HAUL

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...705021442?s=19

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast