Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1013

Thread: Trade Rumors

  1. #721
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flushing, 10/16/69
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Record isn’t indicative of which team is better.

    A team winning 95 games in a weak division/league is the same as a team winning 85 in a strong division/league.

    Put the Mets in the AL Central and their record looks much different, same if you put the White Sox in the NL West.

    Lots of teams just exploit weaker competition.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure. Overall record is just one indicator of a team's strength, but not to be discounted.
    Of course, strength of opponent and when you play them are also important.

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Brodie made a horrible trade for Cano but let's not pretend this was a phenomenal system before he took over. A lot of the guys we had already were promoted or were bust when he took over. We didn't have that much depth in the upper levels, which he made worst by trading those specific depth away. But he also is a big reason why our farm is top 10 in the league as his team did a great job drafting a bunch of the guys we currently have.
    LMAO - Without Brody the Mets would have had $27 mil less in payroll (understand Cano took PED's so that changed things). Dunn (Whose been a good effective starter this year)/Kay (whose been bad)/SWR (#4 prospect in the Blue Jays System), Kelenic, Blake Taylor (whose been a very very good lefy reliver).

    Add Dunn and Taylor to this team and the other guys to the farm and loose nothing from the major league roster outside of Diaz (101 ERA+ for closer so not loosing much) and nearly $30 million less in payroll.

    I will never ever ever ever ever understand anyone defending BVW other than he drafted well.

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,562
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Would be cool but where would you put both Bryant and Baez when Lindor is back?
    Assuming JD is in a trade, you rotate everybody a little bit. Bryant at 3rd or in the OF, Baez at SS, 2B, or 3B, McNeil at 2B, 3B, LF, or RF, and have guys like Conforto and Dom take off more time than usual. Even using Conforto in part of a deal to acquire these guys would be great, while also adding a guy like Josh Harrison to the mix.

    I’m just guessing here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Northeastfshman View Post
    LMAO - Without Brody the Mets would have had $27 mil less in payroll (understand Cano took PED's so that changed things). Dunn (Whose been a good effective starter this year)/Kay (whose been bad)/SWR (#4 prospect in the Blue Jays System), Kelenic, Blake Taylor (whose been a very very good lefy reliver).

    Add Dunn and Taylor to this team and the other guys to the farm and loose nothing from the major league roster outside of Diaz (101 ERA+ for closer so not loosing much) and nearly $30 million less in payroll.

    I will never ever ever ever ever understand anyone defending BVW other than he drafted well.
    Who cares about SWR, Kay, or Taylor…the Mets got productive talent back in JD and Stroman.

    Coincidentally, JD has been the best hitter in a limited sample size and Stroman is currently the ace of the club, while deGrom is out.

    Diaz was not what he was expected to be and shouldn’t be a closer considering the closer IMO is an archaic and outdated concept but he’s not a terrible reliever by any means.

    Kelenic has been terrible but that’s not even worth discussing considering his value was completely undersold.

    BVW was not a good GM but he did make some good moves - some that are helping the team today. Still, it’s not like Sandy has been a godsend to this franchise.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Northeastfshman View Post
    LMAO - Without Brody the Mets would have had $27 mil less in payroll (understand Cano took PED's so that changed things). Dunn (Whose been a good effective starter this year)/Kay (whose been bad)/SWR (#4 prospect in the Blue Jays System), Kelenic, Blake Taylor (whose been a very very good lefy reliver).

    Add Dunn and Taylor to this team and the other guys to the farm and loose nothing from the major league roster outside of Diaz (101 ERA+ for closer so not loosing much) and nearly $30 million less in payroll.

    I will never ever ever ever ever understand anyone defending BVW other than he drafted well.
    We also wouldn't have Stroman who has been a big part of our team this year. Especially with the amount of injuries we had to our starting rotation (including Jacob DeGrom). Did you forget that Kay and SWR (who you mentioned) went in the trade for Marcus Stroman?
    Last edited by kyubi256; 07-30-2021 at 11:15 AM.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Assuming JD is in a trade, you rotate everybody a little bit. Bryant at 3rd or in the OF, Baez at SS, 2B, or 3B, McNeil at 2B, 3B, LF, or RF, and have guys like Conforto and Dom take off more time than usual. Even using Conforto in part of a deal to acquire these guys would be great, while also adding a guy like Josh Harrison to the mix.

    I’m just guessing here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't want to trade Conforto. He has little to no value right now (honestly he probably has negative value) and you can probably sign him to the QO next year anyways because he has been so bad. But I mean I guess it can work if you give people days off here and there to make it all work. Would be interesting for sure and would make our team much deeper. I just can't see it happening though. I think we get one of Baez/Bryant, can't see us getting both.

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Who cares about SWR, Kay, or Taylor…the Mets got productive talent back in JD and Stroman.

    Coincidentally, JD has been the best hitter in a limited sample size and Stroman is currently the ace of the club, while deGrom is out.

    Diaz was not what he was expected to be and shouldn’t be a closer considering the closer IMO is an archaic and outdated concept but he’s not a terrible reliever by any means.

    Kelenic has been terrible but that’s not even worth discussing considering his value was completely undersold.

    BVW was not a good GM but he did make some good moves - some that are helping the team today. Still, it’s not like Sandy has been a godsend to this franchise.
    To add on to an amazing pitch from Zmaster

    Let's not also forget that Brodie brought back Familia who has been very good this season. We also signed Jacob DeGrom to his extension with Brodie as GM so that is no guarantee either. Remember that was a big discussion when the Mets were looking for a GM. What should they do with DeGrom and should they rebuild or go for it?

    Brodie wasn't a good GM but let's not belittle his impact on this roster too.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,562
    It’s 3:58 PM and the Mets have struck a deal to acquire Javier Baez from the Cubs. Baez is already on the way to the airport and is hoping to get to the stadium tonight.

    Now it’s 9:27 PM, Baez is on the roster but is just getting to the stadium due to a COVID delay at the airport. Baez is anxious, channeling his inner Rajai Davis, he’s attempting to suit up and at least meet his teammates for the remainder of the game.

    10:04 PM, Baez has arrived to the dugout and the game is a back and forth one, 8-7 bottom of the 9th. Rojas is getting to know Baez where suddenly he prompts, “are you available to hit?” Baez nods and peeks at the lineup card, he might get an at bat in the inning.

    Brad Brach is in the game, attempting to close things out. Things aren’t going too smoothly as Guillorme made him throw a ton of pitches, but eventually drawing a walk. With Dom and Conforto due up, the Reds are pushed to bring in a lefty reliever - Amir Garrett.

    Dom cracks the ball 103 mph the other way but the ball is caught by a speedy Akiyama. Conforto’s now up…or is he? After a tough day at the plate, Rojas goes with his gut and brings in his new right handed bat off the bench - Javier Baez. David Bell and Amir Garrett exchange glances, they had no idea that Baez was even at the stadium.

    Garrett proceeds to have Vietnam war flashbacks of his encounters with Baez and Amir Garrett transforms into his alter ego - AG. AG let’s out a blood curling shriek, one that triggered every dog that lives in Flushing. Suddenly, AG grows horns and starts foaming from the mouth. “I’m gonna end you!” He says as his head turns in a 1080 degree circle. Baez looks at the moon and starts howling. Fangs grow from his mouth and fur from underneath his eyes…the fans are too drunk to even care.

    The at bat starts and suddenly lightning is striking the stadium and Satan himself appears, wanting to watch this showdown. First pitch comes and Baez hits the ball so hard, the echo of the bat literally killed every small child in a 1000ft radius. The ball continues to travel at light speed and if it’s fair, it’s gone…boom, off the foul pole it goes. The foul pole collapses and breaks Gary DiSarcina’s pinky toe. Baez rounds the bases, he does a back flip, a cartwheel, and his best Simone Biles impression because doing the work on home plate. AG disappears into the shadows while FoC and Clay participate in an orgy.

    And kids, that’s how I met your mother…I mean, that’s how Baez got his first hit as a Met.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    To add on to an amazing pitch from Zmaster

    Let's not also forget that Brodie brought back Familia who has been very good this season. We also signed Jacob DeGrom to his extension with Brodie as GM so that is no guarantee either. Remember that was a big discussion when the Mets were looking for a GM. What should they do with DeGrom and should they rebuild or go for it?

    Brodie wasn't a good GM but let's not belittle his impact on this roster too.
    Not only BVW's impact on the current roster, but also the top 10 prospects, who if slow to the draw Alderson and his puppet in charge Scott would trade, might yield a starting pitcher, a late innings reliever and an impact right handed hitting third baseman or outfielder. But, they will wait as usual until all the possible "decent" trades candidates are already traded. Very poor showing from Alderson.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,770
    Out of all of BVW's trades, only Kelenic is the one I would consider as "I wish I could have him back". But those prospects, wow. Good job BVW. As for Wheeler, that travesty is squarely on the hands of the previous ownership. As for Matz, it is on the hands of Alderson.

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Shea Stadium
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    It’s 3:58 PM and the Mets have struck a deal to acquire Javier Baez from the Cubs. Baez is already on the way to the airport and is hoping to get to the stadium tonight.

    Now it’s 9:27 PM, Baez is on the roster but is just getting to the stadium due to a COVID delay at the airport. Baez is anxious, channeling his inner Rajai Davis, he’s attempting to suit up and at least meet his teammates for the remainder of the game.

    10:04 PM, Baez has arrived to the dugout and the game is a back and forth one, 8-7 bottom of the 9th. Rojas is getting to know Baez where suddenly he prompts, “are you available to hit?” Baez nods and peeks at the lineup card, he might get an at bat in the inning.

    Brad Brach is in the game, attempting to close things out. Things aren’t going too smoothly as Guillorme made him throw a ton of pitches, but eventually drawing a walk. With Dom and Conforto due up, the Reds are pushed to bring in a lefty reliever - Amir Garrett.

    Dom cracks the ball 103 mph the other way but the ball is caught by a speedy Akiyama. Conforto’s now up…or is he? After a tough day at the plate, Rojas goes with his gut and brings in his new right handed bat off the bench - Javier Baez. David Bell and Amir Garrett exchange glances, they had no idea that Baez was even at the stadium.

    Garrett proceeds to have Vietnam war flashbacks of his encounters with Baez and Amir Garrett transforms into his alter ego - AG. AG let’s out a blood curling shriek, one that triggered every dog that lives in Flushing. Suddenly, AG grows horns and starts foaming from the mouth. “I’m gonna end you!” He says as his head turns in a 1080 degree circle. Baez looks at the moon and starts howling. Fangs grow from his mouth and fur from underneath his eyes…the fans are too drunk to even care.

    The at bat starts and suddenly lightning is striking the stadium and Satan himself appears, wanting to watch this showdown. First pitch comes and Baez hits the ball so hard, the echo of the bat literally killed every small child in a 1000ft radius. The ball continues to travel at light speed and if it’s fair, it’s gone…boom, off the foul pole it goes. The foul pole collapses and breaks Gary DiSarcina’s pinky toe. Baez rounds the bases, he does a back flip, a cartwheel, and his best Simone Biles impression because doing the work on home plate. AG disappears into the shadows while FoC and Clay participate in an orgy.

    And kids, that’s how I met your mother…I mean, that’s how Baez got his first hit as a Met.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lmao!!! I hope females were there with Clay and FoC, otherwise that'd be kinda awkward.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Who cares about SWR, Kay, or Taylor…the Mets got productive talent back in JD and Stroman.

    Coincidentally, JD has been the best hitter in a limited sample size and Stroman is currently the ace of the club, while deGrom is out.

    Diaz was not what he was expected to be and shouldn’t be a closer considering the closer IMO is an archaic and outdated concept but he’s not a terrible reliever by any means.

    Kelenic has been terrible but that’s not even worth discussing considering his value was completely undersold.

    BVW was not a good GM but he did make some good moves - some that are helping the team today. Still, it’s not like Sandy has been a godsend to this franchise.
    SWR is pretty good and if they didn't have Stro and his 19 million dollar price tag, they would have gotten somebody else to fill the void. Maybe Zack Wheeler, you know the guy who is going to win the Cy Young.

    JD is not the best hitter on this team. JD is slashing .225/.311/.425/wOBA-.321 since his return.

    Diaz is good reliever.

    Kelenic is a ****ing rookie with 140 PA. He & Dunn are worth much more than a reliever and Cano.

    Sandy isn't the GM, and this team is in 1st place.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    447
    sandy asleep at the wheel as usual

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    SWR is pretty good and if they didn't have Stro and his 19 million dollar price tag, they would have gotten somebody else to fill the void. Maybe Zack Wheeler, you know the guy who is going to win the Cy Young.

    JD is not the best hitter on this team. JD is slashing .225/.311/.425/wOBA-.321 since his return.

    Diaz is good reliever.

    Kelenic is a ****ing rookie with 140 PA. He & Dunn are worth much more than a reliever and Cano.

    Sandy isn't the GM, and this team is in 1st place.
    Maybe about Wheeler…it’s a complex situation. Mets fully acquired Stroman anticipating that Wheeler would walk. Stroman accepted the QO, Wheeler didn’t. Mets were too cheap to commit multiple years to a player at that point.

    JD probably isn’t the best hitter but he is one of the better ones. He’s a great pure bat that’s better than a lot of this team atm.

    Yes I already made that point on Kelenic lol. At the time and even now, I was more upset with losing Dunn.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    SWR is pretty good and if they didn't have Stro and his 19 million dollar price tag, they would have gotten somebody else to fill the void. Maybe Zack Wheeler, you know the guy who is going to win the Cy Young.

    JD is not the best hitter on this team. JD is slashing .225/.311/.425/wOBA-.321 since his return.

    Diaz is good reliever.

    Kelenic is a ****ing rookie with 140 PA. He & Dunn are worth much more than a reliever and Cano.

    Sandy isn't the GM, and this team is in 1st place.
    Watch your language son.

    And Kelenic is all of 21 years old. When I was 21 years old I was just learning how to shave with a double-edged razor. My electric razor had crapped out on me so i had to bite the bullet and start shaving the old fashioned way: with shaving cream instead of with Lectric Shave. Hated that garbage but if i didn't' coat my face with it my face stung for about an hour.

    Anyway, the first time i started using the double-edged with shaving cream i loved it. It was clean, comfortable, and i never did go back to an electric razor. And as for Kelenic, well, I have no idea what the hell he shaves with something tells me by the time he's 22 he'll be one hell of a hitter. Dude just needs time and seasoning.

    Just sayin.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •